[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability. Melting all content.

Hi, I noticed you have Herald of Ash in the PoB that I'm following, but you don't have it in your current build and instead have skitterbots. When do I make the switch? I also can't understand how it's better but I'm a complete noob when it comes to builds so it might be obvious for others.

You also currently have molten shell equipped but I can't see that recommended either. Not sure if I should be following blindly?

Still in the middle of upgrading belt and boots but current build here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jambo165/characters - talamoanabruh.

Any advice welcome :)
Hello guys,

League started with this build and now, when got to T15/T16s, I started to have a lot of problems with single target DPS. Some bosses really feel like an attrition battle. Tankiness and clear speed are satisfactory, but some map bosses (and conquerors) get really messy with low dps. Can you point me a direction to improve with this?

Current gear:

I have about ~9ex to invest and was thinking about buying a ~550pdps staff and go for crit, just not sure if this would be the best way
Having a blast with this character this league! Thanks for the build.

I've been following your character a little bit this league and made some changes to the budget build myself as well. Mostly taking inspiration from your current build. Take a browse at my passive tree if you have the time and see if you can suggest any improvements. :)
"
BedHeadDavy wrote:
I've seen you've been hard at work helping everyone here JennoJoyce and wanted to say.... Thankyou!!! I haven't seen many build creators update and respond so often.

Much appreciated! :)
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
[3.17] One shot Tectonic Slam Chieftain. Great Damage and Survivability.
"
PUNSHET2 wrote:
Just saw the most recent notation regarding not taking Tawhoa, Forest's Strength.

Will I lose out too much by taking Tasalio, Cleansing water instead of Ramako, Sun's Light? Or is Ramako a must?

Anyways been enjoying the build, really appreciate the newest just starting PoB.
Really looking forward to getting into the mid PoB once I can!

The Cleansing water node might not be worth our ascendancy point in my opinion.

1. the 100% fire res is very easy to get from our gears
2. the 15% phys damage taken as fire damage does not help much because we already have a ton of phys reduction
3. The recovery and ignite immune are nice :)

Overall, I would probably only consider it if I am in Hardcore.
[3.19] Jenno's Staff Crit Lightning Conduit Elementalist - All Rounder Spell Caster Build.
[3.17] Ultimate Self-cast Flameblast Occulist. Pure Damage and Tankiness for End Game.
"
nocx13 wrote:
Hello,

I'm having huge survivability past tier 12/13, any ideas how to improve that? I'm heavily considering respecing right now.

"

Hi, please refer to the "how to be tanky" in Q&A section.

Also as a side note, your flask setup isn't quite right, you need a basalt flask to max out your phys reduction. You don't really need life flask, enduring cry works much better than life flask.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Jan 18, 2021, 8:36:44 PM
"
Jambo165 wrote:
Hi, I noticed you have Herald of Ash in the PoB that I'm following, but you don't have it in your current build and instead have skitterbots. When do I make the switch? I also can't understand how it's better but I'm a complete noob when it comes to builds so it might be obvious for others.

You also currently have molten shell equipped but I can't see that recommended either. Not sure if I should be following blindly?

Still in the middle of upgrading belt and boots but current build here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jambo165/characters - talamoanabruh.

Any advice welcome :)

Hi, skitter bot works better than herald of ash, because it can shock enemies (enemy taking increased damage) and chill enemies. You should make the switch now.

Also, check out my current ring, I am using one skitterbot to apply a strong flammability curse, which helps with damage.

I might use herald of ash after getting an enlighten 3 support.

We manually trigger use vaal molten shell whenever it's ready during mapping to help with defense. You can also use it before boss.

I also checked your character, seems like your Cast When Damage Taken is leveled too high, you should keep it at lvl 60.
Last edited by JennoJoyce on Jan 18, 2021, 8:31:01 PM
"
reinaldo110 wrote:
Hello guys,

League started with this build and now, when got to T15/T16s, I started to have a lot of problems with single target DPS. Some bosses really feel like an attrition battle. Tankiness and clear speed are satisfactory, but some map bosses (and conquerors) get really messy with low dps. Can you point me a direction to improve with this?

Current gear:

I have about ~9ex to invest and was thinking about buying a ~550pdps staff and go for crit, just not sure if this would be the best way

Hi, I think without combustion support, you don't have a good source of ignite which limits the damage you can deal to boss.

Also consider using my new skitterbot setup in 30c version as well as in my current character.

At last , please check the last question in Q&A section for boss damage.

As for next upgrade, I would recommend getting the armour in mid-buget setup and get a good staff with 100% hit chance craft on it.
"
sv3den wrote:
Having a blast with this character this league! Thanks for the build.

I've been following your character a little bit this league and made some changes to the budget build myself as well. Mostly taking inspiration from your current build. Take a browse at my passive tree if you have the time and see if you can suggest any improvements. :)

Hi, nice choice on the weapon, that probably solved the mana issue, but it won't have as much damage as tidebreaker.

On the tree, taking those addtional life nodes with chaos res is my next plan too, again nice choice :)

As for improvement: first, you don't need the life flask, use enduring cry instead (it works much better than life flask). Second, you can consider running skitterbot with Profane Proxy Unset Ring to apply shock + flammability curse to enemies, it would increase damage by a lot. You can check my current character gear and gems for reference.

Hello, I league started with this build as well and I'm having a good time with it overall so thank you for the guide! Also, I was wondering if we could get some clarification regarding Tawhoa. I saw in an earlier comment that Ramako is better, so is that what I should be re-speccing to?
Last edited by buddhababy23 on Jan 18, 2021, 8:58:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info