[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

"
primaeva wrote:
"
Justiis wrote:
"

Whoever was bidding against me last night on that staff that made him go from 3ex-12ex...I really don't like you.

I didn't realize there was a bidding war. I woke up at 2am and saw the staff listed 2 hours ago (offline). I had 2ex to my name, and managed to farm up another 11ex in a few hours. Staff was still offline and I was half dead, so took a nap. Got back on and it was gone. Was a bit sad, but if I had slept like a normal human being I never would have seen it anyway. Was going to take that money and buy up 1p2s veiled staffs, but apparently people have already been doing that because there are 0 listed.

Ahh crap that's nasty business. Roll with a Duskdawn guys, or use a spell damage version. The difference isn't really appreciable - the build had very high damage before the staff even existed! Most important is cast speed!

Yeah I get that, but just switching from spell to fire dmg on staff is a 26% damage increase. That's not really insignificant.

But just started playing the build today after spending a week getting the gear together. It's going pretty well, but have a lot of instances where VD just doesn't trigger and I sit there doing nothing for 4-5 seconds.
Why is Glancing Blows picked if it ends up in less EHP?
"
LamSensei wrote:
Why is Glancing Blows picked if it ends up in less EHP?

Spellblock vs bosses, you rarely get threatened by phys hits even on 8-mod T16s, this allows you to dick around / be very chill around Sirus/Maven/Elder/Conqs/Shaper (build has survived full Sirus final phase 'die' beam).
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Sep 4, 2021, 8:26:27 PM
"
CJays wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:

I didn't realize there was a bidding war. I woke up at 2am and saw the staff listed 2 hours ago (offline). I had 2ex to my name, and managed to farm up another 11ex in a few hours. Staff was still offline and I was half dead, so took a nap. Got back on and it was gone. Was a bit sad, but if I had slept like a normal human being I never would have seen it anyway. Was going to take that money and buy up 1p2s veiled staffs, but apparently people have already been doing that because there are 0 listed.

Ahh crap that's nasty business. Roll with a Duskdawn guys, or use a spell damage version. The difference isn't really appreciable - the build had very high damage before the staff even existed! Most important is cast speed!

Yeah I get that, but just switching from spell to fire dmg on staff is a 26% damage increase. That's not really insignificant.

But just started playing the build today after spending a week getting the gear together. It's going pretty well, but have a lot of instances where VD just doesn't trigger and I sit there doing nothing for 4-5 seconds.
[/quote]

Fair call on that, but on the spectrum of upgrades, what I meant by not appreciable is - the spell damage only really pops off against bosses - Orbs do most of the mapping damage, so you won't suffer too much there (unless you are 100% conversion to fire via Avatar + Gloves + other for your chest explode mod).

On bosses, if you already kill the boss in 4 seconds, would a 26% increase in damage to 3.x seconds really matter that much? Not enough to spend the 10+ex IMO - UNLESS you have already picked up that Bottled Faith, 7L helm, and crit multi jewels, then as an endgame finisher the staff could come pop off for ya.

That said, if you find one for <5ex just grab it! But they look so few and far between, it doesn't look like it's worth the pain to me. Maybe next league when more people are playing and more Canes are being generated :(

P.S. Tutorial video goes out today to show you how to fix the 4-5 seconds of doing nothing :D Hang in there!
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Sep 4, 2021, 9:43:11 PM
Good news guys and gals, I’ll be selling my staff. It has fire damage (+200%), cast speed (+40%), and crit multi (+100%). So ideal mods and very well rolled. Rather than throw it up on trade I’d like to give you people a chance to buy it first. PM me an offer, you’re best offer, and I’ll sell to the highest bidder. I need the ex to fund to cracked brain aegis aurora version of the build XD

Be warned though, if I get five 1 ex offers I’ll just throw it up on trade.
"
Good news guys and gals, I’ll be selling my staff. It has fire damage (+200%), cast speed (+40%), and crit multi (+100%). So ideal mods and very well rolled. Rather than throw it up on trade I’d like to give you people a chance to buy it first. PM me an offer, you’re best offer, and I’ll sell to the highest bidder. I need the ex to fund to cracked brain aegis aurora version of the build XD

About 2 hours too late for me, took buying 10 veiled staves but I was finally able roll my own. Now just need to sell all my failures.
"
CJays wrote:
"

About 2 hours too late for me, took buying 10 veiled staves but I was finally able roll my own. Now just need to sell all my failures.
hey that’s a great way to do it kudos to you. If I okay stave version in future league that’s probably what I’ll do too.
So with the harvest nerfs, is straight essence spam the preferred method of crafting the helmet, or is there something i'm missing?
Page 58 for crafting ideal helmet. Spell crit is ideal but not necessary
"

Page 58 for crafting ideal helmet. Spell crit is ideal but not necessary

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense. I thought I had heard somewhere that Harvest didn't respect meta mods, but it's hard to keep track of what works and doesn't from patch to patch. I hit this with my first essence and got excited, then went to craftofexile to test out next steps and realized that the only next step was non-influence to influence, which is ridiculously rare and has an extremely low success rate.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info