[3.16 - RETIRING BUILD] VD Brands: S-Tier Bosser, A-Tier Map! -- MURDERED BY GGG_INTERN SOMEWHERE--

Hey mate,

The build looks great. I am about to try it. I crafted the helmet, armour, amu and jewels. I am not sure how I am going to cover the strength and dex requirements, because I made my amu a talisman, but we will see.

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

1. Why Shimmerons? I mean, the dmg from them is great, but the degen part?
2. What about batteries instead of Shimmerons? Or some rares, idk?
3. Your chaos resistances are negative. Isn't this a problem?
4. The Avatar of Fire. We need it because of the Shimmerons, right? What if we play w/t the Avatar?
5. Can we drop Atziri's Acuity? Mostly for chao resistances and maybe dex

Also I am considering droping one of the large jewels (only the large, I will still keep 3 medium), because i got some realy good stuf from the Glorius vanity)

Sorry if you covered some of these in the initial description or in comments after it.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by brreeh on Jul 31, 2020, 10:27:51 AM
"
brreeh wrote:
Hey mate,

The build looks great. I am about to try it. I crafted the helmet, armour, amu and jewels. I am not sure how I am going to cover the strength and dex requirements, because I made my amu a talisman, but we will see.

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer.

1. Why Shimmerons? I mean, the dmg from them is great, but the degen part?
2. What about batteries instead of Shimmerons? Or some rares, idk?
3. Your chaos resistances are negative. Isn't this a problem?
4. The Avatar of Fire. We need it because of the Shimmerons, right? What if we play w/t the Avatar?
5. Can we drop Atziri's Acuity? Mostly for chao resistances and maybe dex

Also I am considering droping one of the large jewels (only the large, I will still keep 3 medium), because i got some realy good stuf from the Glorius vanity)

Sorry if you covered some of these in the initial description or in comments after it.

Thanks in advance.

Heya, questions 1/2/5 are linked - the reason why we use Shimmerons is because they scale Corpse Explosions way harder than most other wands can. They ALSO scale Explodey chest explosions in ways Void Batteries and other rares cannot. With 5) you lose a ton of sustain. If you prefer to run wtih BVs or rares you do not need Acuities.

You can run this build with VBs and rares but you're going to realise that your boss damage takes a huge hit.

4. Avatar is mostly to convert the explodey chest explosions from Physical to Fire. It also converts Wave of Conviction to primarily fire as opposed to half fire half lightning. It also lets you run Phys reflect maps since WoC is no longer partially phys.

3. Negative Chaos Res - the only chaos damage that I encounter on a regular basis is Sirus 8, which I chunk so quickly I don't get to do many mechanics anyway. You shrug off poison damage with all the leech in this build. However if what content you regularly play has high chaos damage (fighting Chayula for example) - yes, the low CR is going to HURT.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
is enhant important for this build sir? if yes which one I need sir? and do u have video with 100% delirium? thank you ^^
z

Helm enchant? Not at all! VD + 1 does nothing for the build (since we use Woke Spell Cascade). Arcanist Brand would be the most useful since it's about a 9% increase, but I mean, i did all content using a rando Lightning-trap enchanted helm, and the videos show that.

Yes! Let me dig and find the T19 100% one, i should have a T16 floating around too
"
is enhant important for this build sir? if yes which one I need sir? and do u have video with 100% delirium? thank you ^^

ask and you shall receive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7zjmLlWcv4&feature=youtu.be

Decided to go T19 because T16 videos are for pussies!
Last edited by primaeva on Aug 4, 2020, 3:48:37 AM
Hello,
I am having a hard time with this build.
I cannot seem to use the brands correctly.
I am still levelling and do not have all the cluster jewels node (I have one large and two medium with the correct node not yet allocated).
But my problem is that I cannot seem to sustain the brands long enough for a brand recall. And I have to recast them for every pack.

If you do not mind helping out, here is my PoB.
Again it was my first brand build, so conceptually, I might have missed something key.

https://pastebin.com/iVxAkrsj

Thanks a lot :-)
"
edessiex wrote:
Hello,
I am having a hard time with this build.
I cannot seem to use the brands correctly.
I am still levelling and do not have all the cluster jewels node (I have one large and two medium with the correct node not yet allocated).
But my problem is that I cannot seem to sustain the brands long enough for a brand recall. And I have to recast them for every pack.

If you do not mind helping out, here is my PoB.
Again it was my first brand build, so conceptually, I might have missed something key.

https://pastebin.com/iVxAkrsj

Thanks a lot :-)

Heya, as mentioned, build is horrible for levelling due to the harsh Arcanist Brand penalties! (Although it should boss fine and take off at 80+) To fix your duration problem you are going to want to pick up the Runesmith cluster, and you also NEED Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy. Those nodes alone give +60% duration which makes the build a lot more playable.

The build also struggles at low levels because Shimmeron self-damage is flat whereas your life pool is really small at lower levels, meaning it's very hard to overcome the self-damage, which I'm sure you're experiencing. I suppose you could soldier on but it will feel pretty crap until you hit 4.5k life and level 85 when there enough points around to make it feel not like a struggle.
[PRELIMINARY 3.12 KNEEJERK REACTION ANALYSIS]

1. Build offense down solely due to loss of Primal Crushclaws not being available. You will still be doing ~85% of the old DPS.

2. Build defense down from the Glancing Blows nerf, not so much the Mistress of Sacrifice nerf (as you were overcapped on spellblock from Shimmerons anyway). You will have to spend a flask slot for Rumi's to reach old levels of reliability but still take more hit damage than before.

All in all, still one of the best bosskillers, although naturally getting that dream helm is nigh-impossible now. I expect the build to cap out naturally at 25m for normal players.

Will play around with tweaks such as using Assassin's Mark to bring more power back in the build.
Any recommendations on starting out gearing this build without access to Harvest Crafting? Would a pseudo-6L helm with hypothermia/elemental damage still be preferable to a 6l chest?
Hi can I ask if that build in 3.12 ? and if ye then how to boss. like only 1 brand can join to 1 monster so only 1 brand will come to boss and that makes it weak. then how to do dmg? Thanks for A. :D
"
primaeva wrote:
[PRELIMINARY 3.12 KNEEJERK REACTION ANALYSIS]

1. Build offense down solely due to loss of Primal Crushclaws not being available. You will still be doing ~85% of the old DPS.

2. Build defense down from the Glancing Blows nerf, not so much the Mistress of Sacrifice nerf (as you were overcapped on spellblock from Shimmerons anyway). You will have to spend a flask slot for Rumi's to reach old levels of reliability but still take more hit damage than before.

All in all, still one of the best bosskillers, although naturally getting that dream helm is nigh-impossible now. I expect the build to cap out naturally at 25m for normal players.

Will play around with tweaks such as using Assassin's Mark to bring more power back in the build.

Looks amazing, would like to transfer into your version of VD from CWC one.
Any chance for entry level ~5ex version for 3.12?

@EDIT
I attempted to try this build - note that it's work in progress and I'm pretty far from end but it works to certain extent, still missing a lot of currency :)

I'm surprised a bit by fact that we need to cast these brands pretty often - certainly not a one button show.

https://pastebin.com/yP5EkuHq
Last edited by kochanypatrys on Sep 28, 2020, 5:39:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info