Bloom in Path of Exile

"
Bloom is not wanted or needed in any game I have ever played, normally there's an OFF option.

This.

Quite a shame. I mean, Path of Exile is a grind game. After 50 maps I simply don't care about the graphics.
I have an RTX 2080, but still I play on lower settings so that I don't get distracted from what is happening on the screen.

I really like this game, but the current situation with bloom is the result of a series of bad decision making.

Please, at least give us a slider to reduce the bloom or implement an option for this in the config file. But please, give us something.
IGN: Dreador
Bex, it is so sad that whoever told you bloom improves performance are lying to you.

It is the same as the delirium.

The bloom effect requires 100mil more pixels and layer existing graphics with at least 3 more layers of bright pixels.

You need to raise it to the higher management about this fact.
Firstly, I appreciate that GGG are trying to improve performance, a simpler conceptual system like bloom over the fake particles seems like a good way forward. Everyone wants the game to progress.

However, as many have pointed out the brightness of the effects is too dazzling. I think that the bloom gave me a migraine leaving me unable to play for two weeks. Now the migraine has gone, I can only play for about 45 minutes at a time before I feel the eye strain. To reduce the glare I have tried:

1) Monitor brightness down to 30%;
2) Screen overlay at 20%;
3) Bloom set to slight;
4) Sunglasses;
5) Windows 10 nightlight;
6) ReShade.

Unfortunately, no matter what I have tried nothing helps. I guess that I can't fix this as I am only effecting the global contrast; the contrast as a whole remains relative. To see what is going on in the middle of the screen the edges are black. This is making the game very difficult to play as I can't see most of the monsters until I'm standing in the middle of the pack.

As others have stated, the artists should not rely on bloom effects to make the effect visible, only for enhancement. For those with light sensitivity, this is very difficult to handle.

I hope GGG will provide a better solution in time as there are so many comments. If not, I honestly think I'll be looking for a new game. This isn't me being overly dramatic. I love PoE but if it makes me ill then I'll have to stop. I'd prefer to be able to play with the game looking a bit bad than not being able to play at all. As one other poster mentioned, this is also an accessibility issue.

This is another +1 for a slider from 0-100%.
Last edited by Doahh2 on Jul 21, 2020, 7:12:56 AM
"
We can't just turn outright Bloom off, or else various effects will not be drawn as the artists intend them to.

ehm....let the people decide how they prefer to watch their game,no??? who cares about artists view? Game was created not for artists,but for players! But for some weird reason you care about artists more than about players...huh. Sure.
The problem isn't the bloom, its the application of the bloom. It looks great and does all the things intended where it is applied appropriately, but it is currently everywhere at unreasonable levels. Every source of bloom seems to provide the same level of screen glow, and when the 'slight' option solves most of this, the situations that require the full effect just look dull and unfinished.

the tech is fine, the design is certainly not.
In a game full of choice and customization it would be ironic to force artificial over saturation of effects on people
fuck that bloom lighting , thats from grove when a t4 boss lights up its roots

this is 3 flares thrown down in mine almost whites out my toon
Give the option to disable any and all settings that won't break the game. there would be no issue if we could CHOOSE OUR OWN SETTINGS.

if you guys keep letting "pretty colors" dictate your game for more mtx purchases, you will literally kill your game. and when a modern hack and slash comes out, you will see exactly what you have let your game become. 5k real players with 30k bots.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
hochl wrote:
It would be pretty cool if you could take 1 hour from your work schedule to add customizable mouse pointers (size and color would be a start) so I can see it on screen! Between all your fancy MTX changes I often cannot find the mouse pointer!!! :(

YoloMouse is the solution. Or wait 4-5 years until they post about how they're thinking to give us the option to alter mouse indicator in game.

There is a separate thread about this issue that got -- as often -- totally ignored by GGG. The bottom line is that this should be an in-game solution, and that YoLo mouse does only work on Windows.
"
gtoilet wrote:
fuck that bloom lighting , thats from grove when a t4 boss lights up its roots

this is 3 flares thrown down in mine almost whites out my toon

Weird, mine don't look like this and my bloom is at default position. I'm using a nVidia card with the Vulkan developer drivers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info