Bloom in Path of Exile

beauty
"
A slider would be the ideal solution. Starting at 5% to whatever high end that is deemed alright.

The same idea came to me the moment I read / interpreted there will only be 2 options Slight/Normal.
Why not a slider or more options (low/med/high/10%/50%/100%).
Interesting...

Did you think about, that some players actually don't give a damn how the game looks or how your artist intended it to look?

Just let us disable it and live with the consequences that are a game looking different?
How about you let us test with also 10% and 1% to see which sticks? It's clearly an adjustment you are capable of making.

You have been given examples since day 1, like flares in the mine. There has been no progress on these examples. Ergo, this is just an another thing you will never change.

Thanks for the empty post.
Bloom is fine.
I like the performance improvement as well.

It's quite bugged in the Eradicator's boss fight (the spheres spawned by the boss are too bright), but otherwise I saw no problem with new system.
So you rework bloom to be forced first and now when you acknowledge what you did you play that " That's a lot of work " card?

Where was your thinking before implementing such system?
Why nobody though of this beforehand?
Why couldn't you postpone this for one season or something and invent a proper system where people could have bloom OFF or ON? You could have done this "more work" in the beginning and potentially avoid all this.

JUST LET US TWEAK BLOOM VIA SLIDER TO 1% THEN... Should be as good as OFF.

I'm sorry your post sounds more like damage control.
It is your fault for making it so and now it just backfires.

BTW GGG, 25% is not slight in my book at all... SLIGHT might be maybe 5-10% not 25%. But thank you for finally clarifying what SLIGHT/SLIGHTLY means in your opinion. When I'm gonna read in the future "We SLIGHTLY nerfed..." I'm gonna at least have an approximate idea what that SLIGHT meant.

YES, TLDR. WE DON'T CARE WE ARE BURNING AND MURDERING YOUR EYES, WE HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOU AND IT STAYS. DEAL WITH IT. THANKS.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Jul 17, 2020, 1:15:07 AM
In the meantime, can we attempt to do client side modifications to the bloom to make it less severe? Or will this cause us to possibly face bans?
Bloom is not wanted or needed in any game I have ever played, normally there's an OFF option.
really doesnt make sense that the artists have higher priority than gameplay designers at a game studio
why is art being prioritized over visual clarity? i expected nothing less from the company that brought me black and red boss with multiple red ground effects and a red moving effect in a red arena i guess
"
While the overwhelming majority of players have left the setting on its default value, a few hundred players have expressed significant concern with the Bloom effects and want a way to disable them.

This part is completely unnecessary in my opinion. I dislike new bloom and I left it at default (and also stopped playing). I think you're trying to politely say that this is a minority issue, but that just comes off as petty and distracts from the rest of your post. There are certain movement within the world that is led by minority voices and the government discredit those people citing the exact same (faulty) logic as you are.

Very disappointed with this response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info