Bloom in Path of Exile

well, moving to another game until its possible to completely remove the bloom.
people with astigmatism can't play with that sh** on.

BUT hey, atleast is beautiful on twitch.tv, isnt? OmegaLuL
A lot of whining a here. Yeah bloom is a bit too much in certain cases/spells, but it’s gonna be fixed, so why you all so angry?

[Removed by Support]
NANI
Last edited by Patrick_GGG on Jul 17, 2020, 1:55:52 AM
"
BeastPOE wrote:
Disabling bloom isn't so simple and you can't "Just make an option to disable bloom" like that instantly, give them time to fix their stuff.

A lot of people have already done that by editing the Content.ggpk file with no problems at all.

The "We can't just turn outright Bloom off" is a completely and blatant lie.
Jesus christ people are getting too worked up over this. GGG is doing their best and its going to improve over time.

Game development is not always as simple as creating an on off switch for something so intrinsic to the game's assets. They would literally need to re apply all the fake bloom particles they took out for a temporarily fix.

GGG could give everyone 100 free mystery boxes and someone would still find a way to acuse the company of greed, corruption and apathy.

Can someone post screenshots of bloom being an issue even on the slight setting?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jul 17, 2020, 2:03:19 AM
Personally I'm happy with the Slight option and vote for option 1. Keep fixing and tweaking but dont waste valuable time and effort on an off setting.
just one more map
"
When done well, it makes games look a lot more realistic and helps avoid the uncanny valley of computer graphics while helping us improve performance and development speed.

LOL no
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
[Removed by Support] You can disable bloom and all the other stuff that is slowing the game down right now with tools made by the community so why lie about how you 'can't do it'

[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support] - don't mention the chinese ownership of this game!
Last edited by Kali_GGG on Jul 22, 2020, 11:30:53 AM
Let me put it like this. I've been playing this game since 1.3 and prior to this league i've been playing several leagues on a pc that allowed me between .3 and 20fps at most. Suffice to say; the artwork and the other visuals are not the reason i play (and I reckon it's not the reason for the majority of the playerbase either cause there are prettier games out there but people come to PoE anyway).

I get that you want your game to look good, but consider this: everything in the game by now kills you in under 1 second if you stand stil to look at anything at it. Try playing 1 map totally zoomed in. There are a lot of cool mobs and environmental features i'd like to take a look at but can't and by now can't be bothered with anymore cause i just (have to) oneshot them. My current pc handles the game fine including bloom which doesn't bother me personally. But that doesn't mean this game runs smooth in general and performance really deserves some more options to turn off or on imo (like there are in most other games).

tl;dr
Most people don't play PoE for the graphics and prioritizing them over performance (same as with the sound stacking lag/crash that can't be properly disabled in game) is kinda odd. If your data shows the majority doesn't bother to ''disable'' bloom or care about it and the rest of the players is against it, but none are in clear favour of it, what needs to be done in the long run becomes clear right?
Keep your bloom for Tencent and Twitch. I have lost my patience with your company on various issues.
Well written Ms. Bex.

I personally think, the game looks better with the updated effects. But I must say, that I switched to Slight after a short testing. "Normal" looks in a lot of cases very obviously to bright, outshines everything and therefor also undermined the work of your talented artists.

I kept on playing with DirectX 11, after Vulcan causes my favotite Addons (Trade Macro and Trades Companion) not to work anymore, so I dont have a good comparison. But I had always the feeling, that with the option of "Slight" is how the game should look. I can't imagine how to activate a quadruple brightness that blinds the player made the developers think, that this is looking better. But okay, I'm talking to a team, that has beside the outstanding ideas and artworks somehow always has a problem with visual clarity. :-)
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info