Bloom in Path of Exile

"
I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. The game looks and performs just fine and I have bloom on normal. And lets face facts people, the game has gotten too big for a standard laptop.
GGG Rules, keep up the amazing work!

We don't want to remove your bloom, we want to remove our bloom
"
I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. The game looks and performs just fine and I have bloom on normal. And lets face facts people, the game has gotten too big for a standard laptop.

LMAO, have you seen what happens when you drop a flare in the ice biome?
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
this means they officially never plan to bring back the option to turn it off?!

amazin.
questionable.
bummer.

DansGame
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Jul 19, 2020, 11:24:17 AM
What a joke of an answer which actually wasn't an answer to the concern whatsoever to begin with.

Players: Why not allow us to disable bloom?

GGG: We already removed our previous fake bloom entirely which didn't cause extreme eye strain and we didn't at all think of this beforehand so, oops I guess. You just gotta live with the eye strain while playing our game! How lovely! But will our meaningless excuses satisfy you anyways? No? Too bad! Because we're locked in on this decision.

Cheers, what an amazing company. This would be the equivalent of forcing film grain to 100% or something similar and just telling us to live with it. Yes I understand there are technical issues that might be more complicated than to just allow us to disable something. But that's where you need to think about this BEFOREHAND. Your artists or whoever designs these stupid effects which cause immense physical pain should KNOW about the potential consequences of said graphical effects. There is a REASON why so many people disable effects like bloom, motion blur, film grain, increasing sharpening etc. This should be taught on day 1 to an artist or graphics designer or whoever it is that implements these effects.

But thanks for presenting absolutely nothing in regards to a solution. You claim you want to reduce some of the extremes, but I expect these issues will persist for years just like with the map tab issues, atlas issues in standard and so on.
Everything looks good & plays good for me still have yet to adjust settings, i dont see the flare issue i read about only delve 181 atm but i thrown some flares in the ice areas looks like it did last league & etc. but on another note i dont see much already with VD explosions everywhere i did notice some fire looked brighter .

Poe been around like 10 years now i dont think its going to die out with 175k players lol, not a game out there can touch this , soon most that dont know this will realise they going to do what they want with there game,

after some reading i see the slight does make it look so much more crystal looking very nice so im leaving it on slight, i'd say it looks alot better thats a great improvement
https://www.twitch.tv/bigbubbajukes
Last edited by xBoneshocKx on Jul 19, 2020, 12:03:31 PM
"

You should try play tectonic slam at dark maps, i not even can see the Monsters since start tô use tec, everything on screen is a big red/yellow light, not even can see my char sometimes
Literally the only video game developer out there who will bother writing an article justifying a graphics setting to its players.
IGN: cassurai
I'm definitely in the "no bloom" camp but I think I understand the reasoning behind it from a development standpoint at least better... not having to have "fake" glow on things is easier to make but it also makes it less targetable to just have a global approximation on everything.

At launch with the change to "default" it to me looked awful... I basically played through launch weekend with alot of eyestrain and a migraine as my reward before messing around with the settings to lower it.

Lower setting is better in that it isn't as overbearingly everywhere, but its one of those things now that a more neutral scene you really don't see it's effect at all and in a more contrasting scene (darker maps, bright often spammed special effects) its still awful.

I also learned this is likely heavily impacted by my own shit eyes, yay astigmatism... having bright effects look like staring into white LED highbeams on a dark highway but you know, constantly, is not great.
spectres are so bright, it makes me wanna rip my eyes out...6 spectres literaly unplayable, even with sunglases...
Well, guess I'll continue to use the workaround. Easy. Take that "feedback" as you like. Oh and hi to the artists that makes me want to mod the game so that it looks like it's being run on a potato. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info