[3.11] Cold BV PF Indigon ft. RF | All content done in HC! | Fast mapper, safe boss-killer

I'm leveling a pathfinder because this build seems really cool. I made about 70ex this league which is a crazy amount for me, but looking at some of the items I would need I might have some trouble. I already have a good astral plate 6 socket with +1 curse and explody. Can I reuse that chest or do I need the frenzy charges or mana regen? Also before I get too far. Do you all think I can make this budget work?
"
"
andrertav wrote:
Beginning to craft gear for the build, and have some questions regarding gloves, would it be better to use fingerless or nexus gloves? Incursion cold mod or unnerve?

Fingerless, Nexus is pointless if your mana recovery is enough already. Spell damage + Incursion is better than unnerve. Unnerve is increased damage taken, not more damage taken.

That's not how increased works when it comes to monsters. Unnerve comes down to 8-9% more dmg if I remember correctly. Like how Bottled Faith works.
Hi

Quick question, i'm crafting the double influenced chest.

Is it possible to harvest remove the reduced reflected ele mod? It has Elemental tag,
"
Norodian wrote:
"
"
andrertav wrote:
Beginning to craft gear for the build, and have some questions regarding gloves, would it be better to use fingerless or nexus gloves? Incursion cold mod or unnerve?

Fingerless, Nexus is pointless if your mana recovery is enough already. Spell damage + Incursion is better than unnerve. Unnerve is increased damage taken, not more damage taken.

That's not how increased works when it comes to monsters. Unnerve comes down to 8-9% more dmg if I remember correctly. Like how Bottled Faith works.

Exactly, unnerve is not additive with other sources of dmg like increase is, actual diff is 3-4% dmg for unnerve gloves and if you put mana stuff i dont see why to go for fingerless.
So I'm not sure if I am missing something or what.. but on my medium cluster jewel I have 'Distilled Perfection'. Increased life/mana recovery from flasks and it also gives 20% flask duration.

But when I mouseover my flasks and see the duration, then unspec that node, it makes no difference?.. Is the flask duration part of it bugged or something? I'm confused.

Edit: The tooltip duration shown on the flask is bugged. It doesn't show the correct duration. But when you use it, the flask duration stuff does actually work. I'll leave this up for anyone else confused by this.
Last edited by projectsix on Feb 18, 2021, 4:29:54 AM
Tooltip in PoE is not always accurate...well actually most of the time :D
To see how much recovery and duration you have from Flasks just mouseover in PoB over your Mana Flask.

Thanks for explaining how unnerve works.
Now I can at least understand why PoB shows me more dmg vs the alternative Gloves.

Got another question myself:
How much does 1% dmg recouped as mana actually give? I mean, is it worth it?
I got lucky with jewels and have these now:

Can`t really decide which one to use.
As I dont need the Resistances, it`s Mana + Crit Chance vs Dmg + Recouped as Mana.
Any advice? ^^
"
Exactly, unnerve is not additive with other sources of dmg like increase is, actual diff is 3-4% dmg for unnerve gloves and if you put mana stuff i dont see why to go for fingerless.

Others have covered the unnerve thing so I won't repeat it. As for the nexus vs fingerless, IF you have more than 4k mana/second, then you don't need nexus gloves to be able to fully charge up indigon, thus the 30%less mana is just a net loss. It could be argued that nexus gloves allow you to ramp up faster, but Ive not noticed a significant difference between the two when I played, and most bosses that require you to ramp up the dmg have phases anyways.
Can someone provide pointers on crafting a triple elevated chest?

1) get lucky and elevate mana mod. We start with this since it can't be harvest slammed due to mana tag
2) awaken with crusader chest with phys taken as element (since its cheaper than explode)
3) remove trash mods using harvest or non influence-influence and hope they can be removed with harvest
4) Aug phys twice for reflect and explode

How do we proceed from here since we already have 3 prefixes and cannot craft suffix cannot be changed to protect the mana suffix mod? Yolo remove/add phys until we isolate explode and phys taken as ele? Odds don't seem good there.

And even if we get that and successfully elevate explode/phys taken as ele, how would we elevate the 3rd mod?
"
huabba wrote:
I'm leveling a pathfinder because this build seems really cool. I made about 70ex this league which is a crazy amount for me, but looking at some of the items I would need I might have some trouble. I already have a good astral plate 6 socket with +1 curse and explody. Can I reuse that chest or do I need the frenzy charges or mana regen? Also before I get too far. Do you all think I can make this budget work?

From chest you want mana recovery + explode + %damage taken as elemental (elevate mods better, especially mana).
Frenzy can be taken from blood rage (anomalous for bosses - but it costly)

Regarding - can this build work on 70ex budget - depends what you want from build - you can do most of the content, mb all depends how well you play, but if you want to be as afficient as some showcases on youtube - like realy fast boss killer - then you need all peaces
Need some help in deciding what to upgrade / improve next please,

Also how should I proceed with the amulet? Prefixes cannot be changed, then what's the next step?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info