[3.11] Some_day's Cold DOT Scion - All content capable on Hardcore and budget

Hey Some_Day, thanks for the guide.

Could you make a second guide of this character more damage-oriented for SC players?
Last edited by FedeS on Oct 9, 2020, 10:43:19 AM
"
FedeS wrote:
Hey Some_Day, thanks for the guide.

Could you make a second guide of this character more damage-oriented for SC players?

Take less life nodes and go for the cold damage cluster above the witch tree
I was initially just going to league start with this because it was relatively cheap and easy to gear to get started plus you don’t *need* trigger craft to get started as the build works without it (in soft core) just fine pretty far into the game.
Ended up playing it longer than I planned because the investment to performance ratio of this build is off the charts. It’s embarrassing how bad my gear is but was easily enough to do a8 Sirus, and multiple cortexes, and 20/20 simulacrum. Not deathless but not cutting it close or anything (could def be done deathless if I wasn’t a baddy).

Thanks again for the build! Trying to figure out what to do next but im probably looking at min 15-20 ex investment to try and beat this build that cost me maybe 50c haha

Edit - I should mention that I got an absolutely insane scepter like day 2 or 3 that someone listed for 4c or so for some reason. It’s got nearly 50% dot multi, not sure what it’s worth but probably atleast 5ex. So your mileage may vary haha
Last edited by rozakk on Oct 10, 2020, 2:49:25 PM
"
rozakk wrote:
I was initially just going to league start with this because it was relatively cheap and easy to gear to get started plus you don’t *need* trigger craft to get started as the build works without it (in soft core) just fine pretty far into the game.
Ended up playing it longer than I planned because the investment to performance ratio of this build is off the charts. It’s embarrassing how bad my gear is but was easily enough to do a8 Sirus, and multiple cortexes, and 20/20 simulacrum. Not deathless but not cutting it close or anything (could def be done deathless if I wasn’t a baddy).

Thanks again for the build! Trying to figure out what to do next but im probably looking at min 15-20 ex investment to try and beat this build that cost me maybe 50c haha

Edit - I should mention that I got an absolutely insane scepter like day 2 or 3 that someone listed for 4c or so for some reason. It’s got nearly 50% dot multi (32 cold dot + 15 generic dot), not sure what it’s worth but probably atleast 5ex. So your mileage may vary haha

occasionally you can snipe weapons on trade that have generic dot multi and +1 cold spell gems, and that also have 1 empty prefix + 1 empty suffix. at that point you have around a 33% chance with an annul (which are around 5c currently) to open up a suffix and now u can craft a legit end game caliber item. there was a time where you could find such a potential craftable weapon for 5-10c (still very uncommon), but right now i dont see anything other than 5ex+ wands so good luck!
"
Some_Day wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I have another noob questions. Why we use Elemental focus in our setups? aren't chill and freeze good defense?

we use cold snap, creeping frost and vortex, plus frost bomb. how is your rotation for mapping? i guess you use all for bosses?

Finally, can you explain your boot setup? what about cwdt+frostbite? thanks in advance.
Last edited by FedeS on Oct 11, 2020, 3:01:49 AM
"
FedeS wrote:
"
Some_Day wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I have another noob questions. Why we use Elemental focus in our setups? aren't chill and freeze good defense?

we use cold snap, creeping frost and vortex, plus frost bomb. how is your rotation for mapping? i guess you use all for bosses?

Finally, can you explain your boot setup? what about cwdt+frostbite? thanks in advance.

The chill comes from the chilling ground left by the skills and is not affected by elemental focus. We dont freeze because we are not a crit build

Use path of building to open my setup and understand the build better
"
Some_Day wrote:
The chill comes from the chilling ground left by the skills and is not affected by elemental focus. We dont freeze because we are not a crit build

Use path of building to open my setup and understand the build better

Yea I use Pob. Ok, realized Vortex always chill even if we don't do ailments. Asked about freeze because we could have good freeze % chance sources. Saw you already have a curse in your gloves, so I guess that's why u don't use an offensive curse. Still wondering how you procc arcane surge but I can guess it's a combination of flame dash and manual frost bomb.

I can see your guide is oriented to experienced players since you don't explain much but I appreciate you shared your build anyway. Regards.
Last edited by FedeS on Oct 11, 2020, 10:01:51 AM
Can you please make update for 3.12? (and what is your setup before Trigger wand and Crown of the Inward?)
Last edited by ex_sonic on Oct 30, 2020, 11:04:56 AM
"
ex_sonic wrote:
Can you please make update for 3.12? (and what is your setup before Trigger wand and Crown of the Inward?)

Hi its the same tree, look at the path of building link.
I hope you will update that build for 3.13!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info