[3.11] Some_day's Cold DOT Scion - All content capable on Hardcore and budget

"
rozakk wrote:
after frostbite, whats the next best curse for this build? despair? trying to improve single target dps, a8 sirus kills are easy but take ages. and legions are annoying, i cant burst down the generals on i83 maps sometimes. uber elder and shaper also slow

Get rid of the marauder life nodes and replace with damage nodes? you're softcore but this build was made in HC in mind =)
"
completely optional, couldnt roll a a better one

Ah, ok. That makes a lot a sence. Been trying the build and it's really fun, thank you.
Last edited by Aelandar on Jul 31, 2020, 1:15:22 PM
What would be the reason to run frost bomb on helmet (lv. 1) and on boots (lv. 20)? Would it be better to run frostbite lv.1-4 on helmet, since you will be casting frost bomb when you want the dmg (from lv. 20 skill gem)?
How about getting a glad instead of jugg, spending 9 points to get unwavering+ 23% life nodes(losing totally 13% life which is about 350 life in ur pob), drop some block nodes and pick something better in small clusters(considring that i am planning to get ele avoid via boots/armor/gloves+some jools)
Otherwise, looks solid enought to play around with, i l give it a shot.
Last edited by LostSinner666 on Aug 4, 2020, 9:58:02 PM
Why not 6L Vortex?
Why Linking AB with? I didn't see you use it at all in the videos.
"
wi77iam26 wrote:
Why not 6L Vortex?
Why Linking AB with? I didn't see you use it at all in the videos.

its an instant skill, bound to left hand mouse
Just wanted to post that I tried this build out for harvest and am now working towards Sirus A7 for the first time in HC and feeling quite safe.

Gear is not final and am working towards incorporating frostbite curse ring and divine flesh. Had no luck with corrupting 21 gems but otherwise the build has been easy to progress.

Thanks for sharing this one and will likely use this build as a template for my starter next league.
"
andrewng5 wrote:
Just wanted to post that I tried this build out for harvest and am now working towards Sirus A7 for the first time in HC and feeling quite safe.

Gear is not final and am working towards incorporating frostbite curse ring and divine flesh. Had no luck with corrupting 21 gems but otherwise the build has been easy to progress.

Thanks for sharing this one and will likely use this build as a template for my starter next league.

Your gear seems insane, well done
Any advise on how to craft the weapon - I'm just sinking alts into it with barely ever getting one of the stats (dont thinkl I saw t1 cold dmg over time multi once) using ilvl 78 void scepter (should be the threshhold for t1).
Funny enough, shortly after the post my wife got me killed during a very rippy encounter. But nonetheless, I can safely recommend this build to others looking to go deep in HC.

Hardest parts for me were really pushing the block cap and HP pool. Block needed some specific crafts, but are very manageable with Harvest crafting. AFter crafting my redeemer belt I think the elder belt is better for really pushing your health pool.

For the other guy asking about wand crafting... it might not be the optimal method, but I was side-crafting a wand and I spammed alts looking for Damage over Time Multi. Augmenting/regal anything you can do target remove without caster/cold mod is a big win. If not yolo remove/add or annul non-cold and hope you dont touch the damage over time multi.

You can choose to block suffixes here, but cold res can be easily removed later and cold damage suffix is still handy. The cold resist space should be converted to a trigger socketed spells craft.

Then craft flat cold spell damage to your wand and aug cold and hope you get cold DOT/+1 cold spells for a very very very solid wand. Cold damage to attacks and cold as extra chaos mods can be target removed. Remove your flat cold to spells (since it blocks your Elemental Equilibrium).

Alternatively you can harvest craft with the "cold modifiers are common" option and hope for a workable base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info