[3.11] Some_day's Cold DOT Scion - All content capable on Hardcore and budget

"
What would be the best enchant for the build? Vortex damage or vortex duration or creeping frost damage/duration? So many enchants this build can use

Enchant is not necessary, abut possibly +2 cold/aoe gems corrupt on helmet to put cold snap in.
Is the gem order in the wand important?
"
Chiisato wrote:
Is the gem order in the wand important?

yes
I slightly transitioned this version into one using divine flesh, then got a ‘phys taken as Chaos’ chest. It’s the most ridiculously tanky thing I’ve ever played. Like even a Minotaur with garbage mods on a NO REGEN map, I killed without dying . a MOM build in a NO REGEN guardian map. I’m not even sure where I was getting the mana and health back from lol. I guess the flask charges were enough.
Only gripe is atleast for me the kill speed is a bit slow. I have however noticed on some bosses my kill speed is way slower than others. But then I’ll suddenly get bursts of higher dps. I’m not sure where the damage spikes are coming from. I feel like I might be pressing my buttons wrong somehow any idea? Is it just Vaal cold snap that makes such a Big difference ?

edit - oops i'll toss my pob link in here in case it helps - https://pastebin.com/nGFvXUeR

def still a lotta work to do, not sure what to do first
Last edited by rozakk on Jul 14, 2020, 3:21:38 PM
"
rozakk wrote:
I slightly transitioned this version into one using divine flesh, then got a ‘phys taken as Chaos’ chest. It’s the most ridiculously tanky thing I’ve ever played. Like even a Minotaur with garbage mods on a NO REGEN map, I killed without dying . a MOM build in a NO REGEN guardian map. I’m not even sure where I was getting the mana and health back from lol. I guess the flask charges were enough.
Only gripe is atleast for me the kill speed is a bit slow. I have however noticed on some bosses my kill speed is way slower than others. But then I’ll suddenly get bursts of higher dps. I’m not sure where the damage spikes are coming from. I feel like I might be pressing my buttons wrong somehow any idea? Is it just Vaal cold snap that makes such a Big difference ?

edit - oops i'll toss my pob link in here in case it helps - https://pastebin.com/nGFvXUeR

def still a lotta work to do, not sure what to do first

Hey, very impressive gear. Good work fitting in divine flesh. Few feedback points:

1. Remove snake pit and replace with a rare vermilion ring or Opal ring since it's softcore.
2. Is the implicit "adds cold damage" applies to spells too? test elemental equilibrium to make sure no added cold damage to spells because that actually gives monsters 26% cold resists rather than -50% cold resistance.

i believe its just for attacks but, not sure how to check?
edit - damnit you make a good point tho, that stupid mace is adding cold damage to my cyclone, which i do use a lot haha. ok that probably explains mystupid slow kills sometimes. i did just kill a7 sirus without dying, while presumably giving him +25% cold resist so thats something

edit - i have a vermiliion i swap in for hard bosses like sirus etc. but isnt snake pit good for clear? the forking of projectiles makes for bigger spread of the creeping frost? im actually not sure if its helping. i can tell you for certain that dying sun is huge for clear speed esp in wide open maps with enemies coming from all directions
Last edited by rozakk on Jul 15, 2020, 4:36:50 PM
"
rozakk wrote:
i believe its just for attacks but, not sure how to check?
edit - damnit you make a good point tho, that stupid mace is adding cold damage to my cyclone, which i do use a lot haha. ok that probably explains mystupid slow kills sometimes. i did just kill a7 sirus without dying, while presumably giving him +25% cold resist so thats something

edit - i have a vermiliion i swap in for hard bosses like sirus etc. but isnt snake pit good for clear? the forking of projectiles makes for bigger spread of the creeping frost? im actually not sure if its helping. i can tell you for certain that dying sun is huge for clear speed esp in wide open maps with enemies coming from all directions

Check your stormbrand tooltip to see if it does any cold damage
ah yea it doesnt add any cold to storm brand but it does to attacks, so still just as bad since i need an attack for fortify
does fire or lightning or chaos damage added to spells cause any issues? shouldnt ya?
Hey im kind of a new player and i like this build a lot.
Im not sure but it feels like i'm lacking Boss dps.
Do you have any recommendations?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info