[PS4] Common PS4 Client Crashes

Crashed in the Grove while placing a Collector.
I would love to be able to help you figure out some common causes. That's the problem, it doesn't seem to have any repeatable triggers. We crash when we portal, when we click on random objects, while just running in maps, even crashed multiple times just sitting in my hideout opening my inventory.

Sometimes it won't even crash, it will just sit in a frozen state where the only issue is to force close the game.

I click the send report button every time I crash, because these issues need to get resolved or this game won't survive in console form.

It's all extremely frustrating, but the biggest most consistent issue I've seen is when going into high density areas, especially with league mechanics. The game slows to a crawl of a few frames a second, the only option is to either dash away from the packs (kind of contrary to the point), or click the revive button once the game catches up.

I tried the PC version before the PS4 league start. The PS4 version at best 20-30% of the performance level of the PC version. Very little lag, screen load transitions are less than a second in some cases, compared to 5-10 for us. And no, I don't have a super gamer PC, just a 7 year old laptop with good graphics card (for the time, now it's a dinosaur).

To be perfectly honest, I completely regret the MTX I purchased for PS4. If there were a way to transfer characters to PC, even giving up everything but my stash tabs and cosmetics, I would do so without hesitation to start completely over on PC - that's how bad the PS4 performance issues are.
IF it's server-side GOOD; if it's client-side I can only hope post-patch hopefully the PS5 will be able to "actively iron" out, these jitters and stops.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Many PS4 players are reporting frequent client crashes while doing simple actions. Despite these actions feeling like they'd be easy to reproduce, the game does not crash on-demand when we follow the reported steps. We are finding it extremely difficult to reproduce the crash reliably in our office. It appears to crash approximately once every ten hours on average (which is backed up by the number of crashes vs. gameplay hours reported by our analytics). Given the reports that some users encounter the crash many times per session, it appears there's a range of different experiences (potentially based on what gameplay activity the player is doing, but we haven't narrowed this down yet).

If you have specific instructions that cause a client crash reliably multiple times, please let us know. Do test it more than once though, because it's easy to attribute it to the last thing you did even if that's a coincidence and the crash was due to some complex internal state.

We understand that this crash results in a terrible game experience, and we are very sorry for this. We're trying our best to address it, but without reproduction steps, the best we can do is intelligent guesses. We will make some engine changes over the next few days to try to mitigate the issue. They'll hopefully resolve (or dramatically reduce) the crashes, and will at least help us work out if the crashes are related to the area of the code we suspect they are.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing!

1) Just tried Merc lab again, 6th attempt today. Each time BSOD at boss encounter. Most of the time it was 2nd encounter, but has been on 3rd also.

2) When I attempt to harvest, if full patch, I have a 50/50 chance to BSOD.
So far the most common factor for my crashes (about once every hour or two) seems to be:
- use shield charge or flame dash regularly to move across zones
- once out of X uses of said movement skill the game suddenly stutters, then freezes, then crashes to PS4 dashboard entirely
- doesn't matter if enemies are hit by the skill, or even if there are enemies on screen
CyberPunk.
Still crashes every 15 to 30 minutes. Last one right after the start, after killing a few enemys.

We need a solution GGG or at least a response!!!!!
GGG, is there any update regarding this problem?
Things I've noticed:
- Sometimes when it crashes it makes a "buzzzz" sound (I'm listing this cause I've never heard this buzz sound in other crashes)
- I've experienced crashes usually during lab runs, almost every time I try to delve, most times I try to map, sometimes when I click on "challenges" in the menu, sometimes in the grove (farm).
- I was using cyclone as my main skill, then switch to flicker strike. Things got worse now I'm using flicker strike. 90% of.the times I engage a pack, it starts to backtracking probably due to packet loss, and eventually ends up crashing.
- sometimes when you click the disconnect button, or the change character button in the menu, the game freezes and it's necessary to close de game.
it's difficult to play this game without you have "crashes" problems every 15 to 30 minutes, this update doesn't fix anything, even worst this update has increased the problem, at any moment "crashes" could appear.
it is difficult to enjoy this game with these problems because you don't know in what moment this "crash" could happen

I hope GGG could find a definite solution, thanks
Thank you all for your reports. We're continuing to investigate this issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info