[PS4] Common PS4 Client Crashes

Many PS4 players are reporting frequent client crashes while doing simple actions. Despite these actions feeling like they'd be easy to reproduce, the game does not crash on-demand when we follow the reported steps. We are finding it extremely difficult to reproduce the crash reliably in our office. It appears to crash approximately once every ten hours on average (which is backed up by the number of crashes vs. gameplay hours reported by our analytics). Given the reports that some users encounter the crash many times per session, it appears there's a range of different experiences (potentially based on what gameplay activity the player is doing, but we haven't narrowed this down yet).

If you have specific instructions that cause a client crash reliably multiple times, please let us know. Do test it more than once though, because it's easy to attribute it to the last thing you did even if that's a coincidence and the crash was due to some complex internal state.

We understand that this crash results in a terrible game experience, and we are very sorry for this. We're trying our best to address it, but without reproduction steps, the best we can do is intelligent guesses. We will make some engine changes over the next few days to try to mitigate the issue. They'll hopefully resolve (or dramatically reduce) the crashes, and will at least help us work out if the crashes are related to the area of the code we suspect they are.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing!

EDIT: Update, July 6th:
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
I wanted to provide a brief update that this issue is still being worked on and investigated. Unfortunately, it's proving to be a very complicated issue and its so far been difficult to isolate its cause. Our engineering team is brain storming various ideas in effort to better understand why this is happening, and will continue to do so until they've been able to find an appropriate solution. We are really sorry for the disruption in the meantime. We appreciate your ongoing patience.

EDIT: Update August 8th:
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
In regards to the this on going issue, I haven't new information to share as of right now, but wanted to take a moment to re-iterate that this issue continues to be worked on internally.
Last edited by Jeff_GGG on Oct 18, 2020, 9:57:15 PM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2020, 5:53:28 PM
Very good, we are waiting
So we finally got an answer, thx for that. These bluescreen crashes are a part of PoE on PS4 since release. We tried so many things do solve thus problem. During Blight Leaque turning the sound off worked a while, but these crashes are different. It used to be a short freeze a d then bluescreen, but now its a longer freeze, then a short black screen snd then the blue screen.
Just before the release of a new league, system software PS4 was updated too. Perhaps this is causing errors? Now I have 7.51 version, absolutely random disconnects including in town every 30-60 minutes. Rebuilding database, reinstall client of game and full initialization ps4 don’t help me.
I bought the Divine Benevolence support pack and after i worn it i crashed A LOT (one every 10 minutes on average). Without any cosmetic 0 crashes
Crashes very frequently this league i have been playing the last 3 days i had over 10 crashes. i have 2 crashes every hour and it is unplayable. One crash i got twice in a row was connecting a pylon to a storage tank. others are just random while i am playing. Are there any skills that cause the game to crash?
*edited*
Last edited by Kusvos88 on Jun 26, 2020, 5:36:09 AM
Is it possible that these crashes are because of chat? Game was running good last season, with a crash here and there.
2h of playing today, ive already had 5 crashes.
I cant' play with my witch in act1 anymore. The game doesn't load. I bought creeping frost from a vendor but im not sure if i socketed it.
Posting from my PC account, but I also play on PS4 (regular model, classic HDD).
First off, thank you for acknowledging the issue.

During (and prior to) Blight league disabling all sound except for music and loot filter sounds mitigated the crashing immensely, went from about once an hour to maybe once a day.
I haven't enabled the sound effects since, so can't say how they contribute to more recent crashes.

In Delirium, a new problem showed up: after running through multiple zones either while leveling or during mapping, some ground tiles would start to become offset to each other, sometimes even appearing in front of monsters or the player. Typically the game would then crash either in the same instance, or one or two later.
This could happen very quickly or take hours, and could be reliably prevented by restarting the game ASAP after the graphics corruption began manifesting itself.

In Harvest, apart from the known issues with Creeping Frost and Incinerate, I've only seen crashes when idle in town for a while. As in, I would be AFK for 5-10 minutes in Lioneye's Watch, then start running towards the waypoint, graphics corruption similar to the tiles issues happened and the game immediately crashes. Since this was during the first hour of the new league, I assume it might be connected to many players spawning into the town repeatedly while wearing their various cosmetics.
I have currently stopped trying until the Creeping Frost patch hits.

Also to relay others experiences, twitch streamer Karvarousku had 14 recorded crashes in 15 hours of streaming, so including breaks that boils down to about one crash per hour - I believe he's playing on PS4 Pro with an SSD.

Finally, every time when the servers are down, the client will immediately hard crash after the initial loading screen instead of giving the user an error message. That's about the only one that can be reliably reproduced so far, though.
CyberPunk.
I'm getting CE-34878-0 constantly. Yesterday I crashed 23 times in 5 hours so I quit playing. Got tired of loading screens as it felt like i was waiting for loading screens more than actual gameplay.

So glad I didnt buy any mtx this league, I would be highly pissed off this league if I had.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info