[3.12] Radiating Carrion Golems. 90% resistances + 10-20 Mil DPS

"
jeremy_u_s3 wrote:
For those of you who played this as a legit starter or at least without significant currency from a previous build, how smooth is this before you can get the cluster jewels?

I ask because I'm done this league but already looking forward to next league. I always play in a duo and we are considering taking this build and a cyclone impale gladiator as our starters. In POB at least, it seems really really good with both builds complementing each other really well. I know patch notes may totally thrash either or both, but as of right now it seems like a match made in heaven. I know though that clusters will be hard to come by for a while, Harvest made it somewhat cheaper to roll them but for the first week or two is was pretty bad and while the jewel socket issue will be solved in 3.12 the actual notables and small nodes won't be. So is this viable into yellow maps or so before clusters become available for trade?

My plan is Day 1 get to yellow maps, day 2 spawn Sirus and fill out atlas, Day 3 finish atlas and AL8 Sirus. It's a little ambitious with those characters, but I think it can work. In harvest we went toxic rain/caustic arrow trickster and poison BV Assassin and we were at AL8 Sirus in the morning day 3 but those are well established starters that need almost nothing that can't be easily crafted or found. At the same time, they don't really help each other either... All the same auras and curses and one went clear while the other went single target but no real synergies like my 3.12 plan.

I league started this and its smoothness to me was why I decided to post it here, there is a significant drop without clusters but I found it quite manageable. My pob experiments generally find dropping the clusters roughly halves the DPS and max resistances down but thats fine for league start

I'm starting to think about what my next start will be for the new league and I might do something similar to this one again. We shall have to see whats in patch notes and what goodies the new league mechanic brings

Clayshaper costs a few chaos day 1 which can delay transitioning into full golems.

A small lightning cluster jewel to roll into pure aptitude should be super easy to get even at league start but Prism guardian costs more day 1 which could also delay the transition into the full aura setup.

Early harvest league the aura jewels were about 10c but ballooned up to its current as the league went on after several aura builds became more popular so getting them early will probably be harder next league

Vivisect rings generally take a few days to become a reasonable price which makes you stay on wicked ward recharge for longer
I have been reading throughout the guide, but I don't understand the edits that you have added for your Amulet. Where does the added damage and attack speed for golems come from?
Thank you for the response. We will probably still start it even though it may take 48 hours to truly come online because the synergy is just too strong.
Just an FYI: the manual Carrion Golem mods we add to PoB is actually still an underestimation of the actual DPS. LocalIdentity says there is another 13% more damage from the combo attack due to base damage increase on 3rd-6th swings. Currently we are only accounting for the attack speed increase.

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/i8scta/carrion_golem_dps_on_pob/

Good news is apparently he is very close to adding Carrion Golem support to the next update.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
Just an FYI: the manual Carrion Golem mods we add to PoB is actually still an underestimation of the actual DPS. LocalIdentity says there is another 13% more damage from the combo attack due to base damage increase on 3rd-6th swings. Currently we are only accounting for the attack speed increase.

https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/i8scta/carrion_golem_dps_on_pob/

Good news is apparently he is very close to adding Carrion Golem support to the next update.

Neat. Its nice when you don't need to do workarounds and will help all the people that import their character and then get confused.

I thought it was supposed to be a bit higher but took the conservative calculation as minion DPS (like almost all DPS) is a bit fuzzy. It takes time for all the minions to get on the same target and they lose a bit of single target DPS when they use their clearspeed slam instead of the combo attack.

Pride is also an awkward one as most bosses take about 2 seconds which means that using either 'pride minimum or maximum' effect will be inaccurate.

I did try running a Hydra map without mods and with pride turned off to see how closely the calculated DPS matched real dps and it seemed accurate enough

Even if we were all using totally wrong base numbers it would still be fine for the purpose of calculating path efficiency as a route with 20% more DPS will still be 20% more damage regardless of if the base is over/under estimated

If you want to compare Carrion golems to other minions then its trickier. Minions tend to be more about non damage factors like AI, range, movement speed, minion life etc

If your build had 200MIL DPS but was significantly worse in any of those factors it would feel much worse to play
Clearing 7/10
Easy bossing 10/10
Sirus 3/10
can a bitch get her hat back
This build looks really nice. I've been playing Stone and Carrion Golems Elementalist for two leagues now, and the only thing that was really keeping me to elementalist instead of necromancer was the insane life regen provided by the ascendancy + stone golems. I really love to play necromancer and I guess you got the right build for me lol.

I might try it as a league ender and/or league start with it next league.
Thanks for sharing it.
"
MissApril wrote:
Clearing 7/10
Easy bossing 10/10
Sirus 3/10

I think sirus is more like practice, i only get screwed in last phase where i didn't have blood inflection immunity and keep getting wrecked by his beam.
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
MissApril wrote:
Clearing 7/10
Easy bossing 10/10
Sirus 3/10

I think sirus is more like practice, i only get screwed in last phase where i didn't have blood inflection immunity and keep getting wrecked by his beam.

Definitely is practice. People shouldn't be blaming it entirely on the build. For me Sirus is a 9/10 only falling short because it doesn't do as much damage as some builds but a 9 for how piss easy Sirus is.
"
Nuboo wrote:
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
MissApril wrote:
Clearing 7/10
Easy bossing 10/10
Sirus 3/10

Definitely is practice. People shouldn't be blaming it entirely on the build. For me Sirus is a 9/10 only falling short because it doesn't do as much damage as some builds but a 9 for how piss easy Sirus is.

Agree, Sirus is more like 8/10 or something, if you keep some mechanics in mind.

Especially once you have some awakened gems in the setup even the S8 fight is over quite quickly ( ok, i observed the expensive but might awakened multistrike does the "trick" here to shorten it significantly ).

But even with "normal" gems its really good doable, not like the "Herald Stacker" builds in Dilirium obviously, but that was stupid anyway :D

All other bosses are cake with this build and not close to any challange,
that the clearing could be faster, yes, but for 10/10 clear there are stronger builds in the minions area, with ranged spectres obviously.
Last edited by bex_HB on Aug 18, 2020, 5:34:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info