I Miss Boem...

I would be incredibly surprised to see him here again. The "year" thing is merely a placeholder for permanence. They just roll it over whenever necessary.

I was threatened...cautioned that the same fate awaited me if I didn't stop being a constant bother to Support with brazen breaches of the CoC.

So when it hits a year and he doesn't spontaneously manifest, that's why. That or, no doubt one of Support's casual hopes, he just forgets and moves on. A heads a long time. For anyone who has spent the red badge of honour, a *month* is a long time...

Anyway yeah. Somehow certain personages just cross some otherwise mysterious line and are just never seen again.

Goodness, sure sounds kind of sinister when I put it that way...but let's not forget. It's a game forum largely relegated to utter irrelevance by its own creators. We aren't talking some sort of insidious disappearing here. At most, a little under the rug sweeping.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
^Probably, but then it just makes it all the more important that we always remember him. Martyrs are only powerful for as long as they're remembered.

Hence the thread must be kept alive, as a tribute and a reminder for the cause.

#BoemDiedForOurSins

#JeSuisBoem
"
I would be incredibly surprised to see him here again. The "year" thing is merely a placeholder for permanence. They just roll it over whenever necessary.

I was threatened...cautioned that the same fate awaited me if I didn't stop being a constant bother to Support with brazen breaches of the CoC.

So when it hits a year and he doesn't spontaneously manifest, that's why. That or, no doubt one of Support's casual hopes, he just forgets and moves on. A heads a long time. For anyone who has spent the red badge of honour, a *month* is a long time...

Anyway yeah. Somehow certain personages just cross some otherwise mysterious line and are just never seen again.

Goodness, sure sounds kind of sinister when I put it that way...but let's not forget. It's a game forum largely relegated to utter irrelevance by its own creators. We aren't talking some sort of insidious disappearing here. At most, a little under the rug sweeping.

It could have been the 3-6 month version as well, and after such a vacation, the general apathy for PoE takes hold.

Im speaking from experience here lol.

Tbh the forums are at a low point even worse than the game. Point is, PoE just isnt worth the time, money, and energy anymore. It really isnt.

I will probably lurk with morbid curiosity, not dissimilar to slowing down for a car accident and wondering if someone died.

Chances are, just like the game, someone did.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Aug 20, 2021, 12:53:13 PM
Who? No, im kidding.

I think he may get a big timeout like KMQ or even bigger depending how hard the TOS misconduct was. Even more likely for forums accounts that spam posts like no tomorrow like the old man teacher, walrus queen, sword tamer (RIP).
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
I think he may get a big timeout like KMQ or even bigger depending how hard the TOS misconduct was. Even more likely for forums accounts that spam posts like no tomorrow like the old man teacher, walrus queen, sword tamer (RIP).

KMQ was out for a year, this is longer. Also it's not based on seriousness at all, but escalation. They just probate you for longer and longer each time no matter what kind of 'crime' you've committed.

And btw, I don't think I've ever seen the 'walrus queen' with the red badge. They don't care about ppl spamming the forums, only what kind of stuff they say.
Last edited by Exile009 on Aug 24, 2021, 12:47:06 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:

Hence the thread must be kept alive, as a tribute and a reminder for the cause.

Thanks, you just reminded me of something important.

Edit: What, no?! The Goodbye Charan thread got locked? And it was a year and a half ago? I honestly thought it'd been like five or six months.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
Last edited by LV9999Majin on Sep 2, 2021, 8:31:39 PM
Here's another bump for Boem. He remains with us in spirit!
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 12, 2021, 10:02:23 AM
Anyone close to him that knows what really happened?

Normally people get back after one year in extreme cases like KMQ.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
If even KMQ is back, idk where this is going anymore. He must have said something that really irked someone from support.
Not the same company as when we started.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info