I Miss Boem...

-Signed Boem-
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
I enjoyed reading his posts and have often wondered what it was to get such forum titans (Boem's Forum Posts: 21979) on probation. Especially because I have often freely used this forum to out my frustration at GGG.

So far only one thread I made has been removed and I can understand why (I posted a Toucan).

Not that I'm going to test limits or such to find out. I much rather see positive energy go around. But I'll vent my frustrations now and then, I'm sure.

Tbh I thought he had quit. Never thought of probation longer than a year.

Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae wrote:
I enjoyed reading his posts and have often wondered what it was to get such forum titans (Boem's Forum Posts: 21979) on probation. Especially because I have often freely used this forum to out my frustration at GGG.

So far only one thread I made has been removed and I can understand why (I posted a Toucan).

Politics - which also apparently includes economics, as well as anything else they can possibly interpret as having a connection to politics - and Religion.

They brought that rule in a couple years ago, it wasn't part of the original rules this place operated under. Loads of the especially more articulate forum denizens have fallen victim to it. We couldn't even discuss Covid here last year because of it - even their own 'official' Covid thread (which they made after shutting down half a dozen other Covid threads) was shuttered cos of that rule!

And it's pretty arbitrary too, what counts as a violation of the supposed 'Code' of Conduct really just comes down to how the particular mod who sees your post feels that day. So anything that could be possibly interpreted as being against the so-called 'Code' is at risk of putting you under probation, and yes that includes even if you were being positive (I've seen religious celebration posts removed under it for example, despite that they weren't attacking anyone, and the aforementioned Covid posts were mostly politically neutral discussions of its impacts and how to deal with it).

Their official Covid thread hinted at what they really thought was acceptable - people sharing pet photos and commiserating each other with their personal experiences. And they shut it down when it too veered off of that. Boem, like him or loathe him, wasn't into that sort of conversation, and he wasn't alone.
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 27, 2021, 5:09:18 AM
Ah. I see and think I get it. This is a policy across the board kind of a thing. Can't really elaborate there I suppose.

So I suppose I'd also better be careful with referencing the in-game templar and its dialogue.

Thanks for the insight

edit: grammar
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last edited by kaepae on Sep 27, 2021, 2:33:41 PM
I do hope that when Boem returns, he does a "Peace In".
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
maybe he requested a permanent probation? i think its something he would do. if he cant post what he wants,he rather be on probation.
in any case he has challenges completed in the current league so he's still around.

edit-i'm sure hes reading this thread so if someone REALLY wants to know what happened,post your email or some other way for him to contact you.
Last edited by Lyutsifer665 on Oct 1, 2021, 5:12:43 AM
"
maybe he requested a permanent probation? i think its something he would do. if he cant post what he wants,he rather be on probation.
in any case he has challenges completed in the current league so he's still around.

edit-i'm sure hes reading this thread so if someone REALLY wants to know what happened,post your email or some other way for him to contact you.

If that would be the case i imagine he would rather request to delete his account and post history than being associated with an entity that may go against his beliefs.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"

If that would be the case i imagine he would rather request to delete his account and post history than being associated with an entity that may go against his beliefs.

but that has already been done by people, including a pretty famous poster...maybe he just wanted to be different.
"
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"

but that has already been done by people, including a pretty famous poster...maybe he just wanted to be different.

This thread isn't really about what specific post or event triggered this latest probation, as that's probably pretty bland and uninteresting. We know what kind of stuff they probate for. It's more about the fact that he has been put on probation so many times, and that it's lasted so long. It's more general, about the probation and moderation regime here that Boem has been a repeat victim of as a whole than what he might have said to get his last one.

It's also just a call for him to be released, as how much time he's been probated for by now is past ridiculous, and so contacting him does nothing for that as he's not the one who makes that decision.

P.S.:- Btw, he only has 4 challenges in this league - and before that he seems to have skipped all the previous leagues (0 challenges) going all the way back to Harvest (in which he has just 10). So he's either switched to Standard almost completely, or he's not really around all that much anymore.
Last edited by Exile009 on Oct 1, 2021, 5:05:25 PM
hope he comes back at some point.

i really don't understand why ggg hates their own forums even if it's from the last millenium.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info