Thoughts on GGG's dishonesty, false advertising, and new stash tabs.

I'm actually dont have a problem to give ggg money from time to time and buy the tabs but this looks like a scam

BTW, GGG, I want to buy like 40 more prem stash tabs for all the crap I gathered in legion a year ago but I was annoyed so much merging currency tabs to standart and I dunno when I want to continue doing that, so auto merge would be so cool you know . Pretty please
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Jul 11, 2020, 6:30:51 AM
I updated the OP with a few more of GGG's admissions that certain items are in fact currency or fragments and therefore belong in the currency or fragment tab.

It's pretty ballsy of GGG to continue ignoring this issue.

I've also spoken with a few other long-time supporters (= since beta) who are disgusted by this, and learned that some of them have recently quit playing and supporting the game outright. And seen many more beta supporters lambasting your priorities (not specific to this issue) of late on the forums.

Do you get this, GGG? You are losing the support of your oldest and most stalwart supporters, some of whom have been among the first to stand up and defend you when people post criticism.

Have ethics become meaningless to you? I remember when they were a bragging point for GGG. Is that why you continue to ignore the issue, because you no longer care? Do you not mind your oldest supporters becoming disgusted with your behavior?
Wash your hands, Exile!
Had to laugh when I saw the 3 new types stash tab bundle announcement. Where they should be consolidating tabs they are making an even bigger mess. And likely under the assumption this will get more money, instead of focusing on improving the game.

I even regret buying most of the tabs I have because its hard to sort them (yet another missing feature). For sure I'm not buying more, even if I thought the game deserved support (which I don't at this point).
“We are the race of flesh, We are the race of lovers.”
Last edited by Frostride on Jul 12, 2020, 11:55:47 AM
I think they're fine. They are the same price as the premium tab but you can store a lot more stuff in them compared to a premium tab. Buying them free'd up a few tabs of space for me so it was worth it.
My view is that we're stuck on a bad path. GGG needs revenue, which I understand appreciate and don't have a problem with it. However the bad place is that the game, the stash, is being made less user friendly and unwieldy in this path that PoE is on. I don't see a good alternative so I'm a bit reluctant to complain but the game is slowly being made less fun and a mess by the explosion of items that must be stored, managed, sorted, and organized.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
My view is that we're stuck on a bad path. GGG needs revenue, which I understand appreciate and don't have a problem with it. However the bad place is that the game, the stash, is being made less user friendly and unwieldy in this path that PoE is on. I don't see a good alternative so I'm a bit reluctant to complain but the game is slowly being made less fun and a mess by the explosion of items that must be stored, managed, sorted, and organized.

Yeah - it's the the support that's an issue so much as intentionally being "coerced" into buying new tabs by creating excessive bloat. Adding new things is expected, but flooding the market with drops intended specifically to generate sales starts heading toward activision levels of shady.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Give you Ten(cent) guesses as to how that bad path started.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
And seen many more beta supporters lambasting your priorities (not specific to this issue) of late on the forums.

Very recently, I've been watching a tiny bit Nugi play and I'd like to try some new stuff in the game, play with builds and toy with the skilldrasil again, but .... then I remember why I quit in the first place, and I remember how GGG has been those past months/years, and then I just know better not to "waste" my time on PoE.

The core of the game is still very much appealing, but that is just not enough.

This tabs issue is just adding insult to injury to me, I had a pretty grim opinion of GGG already to be honest, this makes me believe that they absolutely don't care about ethics anymore, which is really a pity because as uou said, this used to be a key element that attracted the original supporters.

Money (or whatever else it is) turned GGG into what it was fighting against.
I usually like irony, but I can't be happy with this situation, I'm just trying to feel as indifferent as I can.

EDIT : if you haven't read this one :
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/heucvi/the_future_of_stash_tabs/?sort=top
tldr : "Despite them selling well", and the story seems to pretty much end there.
He's trying to change the topic by bringing more "future QoL changes", and then :
"
Existing Tabs are being updated as much as possible with new slots for items that should go in them

Despite what they said, despite their wording with stackable currency items, a quick tldr of what Chris thinks :

we decide what should or should not go in the currency tab, FU
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Jul 12, 2020, 10:01:11 PM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I think they're fine. They are the same price as the premium tab but you can store a lot more stuff in them compared to a premium tab. Buying them free'd up a few tabs of space for me so it was worth it.

You understand that there will be more and more new currencies in the game just to create more of such stash tabs just so that people think those tabs provide them with convenience and thus make you buy them....

As many have said: GGGT is creating a problem and then selling you the solution. Of course the solution is not expensive. If it were expensive people would actually start thinking about it and maybe discover something called principles within them. But it seems if the price is low enough people just throw their principles overboard.

I feel like Fruz.

The core is and was always great but they piled so much XXXX on top of it that since 3.9 it has become too much for me to bear with and I've quit playing completely during early 3.10.

Those 3 stash tabs, the way they handled the premium-map-stash-tab recently (messing it up twice to make people buy an additional one) and the incredible lack of QoL features followed by atrocious balancing decisions (necro overbuff, melee failure, etc.) are just adding insult to injury.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

You understand that there will be more and more new currencies in the game just to create more of such stash tabs just so that people think those tabs provide them with convenience and thus make you buy them....

As many have said: GGGT is creating a problem and then selling you the solution. Of course the solution is not expensive. If it were expensive people would actually start thinking about it and maybe discover something called principles within them. But it seems if the price is low enough people just throw their principles overboard.

I needed to buy more premium tabs anyway as I have no more space for items (in Standard). I can see where these tabs might seem unnecessary for league players as they start of with a whole bunch of empty tabs again. These tabs actually gave me more value than just buying more premium tabs as I free'd up more space.

If you're not running out of space then you never have to buy tabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info