More Harvest Crafting Options

Is it possible to continue adding implicits like Hands of the High Templar?

The craft only says “add” not “replace existing”, doesn’t corrupt, and doesn’t look like it synthesizes from the examples. I’m expecting a “limited to one” but who knows.
nice but prefer wait to see in game
wow! some of this stuff is really nice
"
Coreyzano wrote:
Is it possible to continue adding implicits like Hands of the High Templar?

The craft only says “add” not “replace existing”, doesn’t corrupt, and doesn’t look like it synthesizes from the examples. I’m expecting a “limited to one” but who knows.

I'm guessing once this crafting option it's used, the item would be "synthesized" so no new implicits could be added :c
Can we please get a new set of dual wielding ranged weapons? like cross bows or darts(counts as a dagger but has an explicit mod that is "counts as a projectile" and the auto attack of that weapon is throwing it lol... or something? adds a physical component to ranged other than bows and a quiver? now is a good a time as any :) and maybe while we are at it a 2h ranged weapon type for casters like wands but 2h(a staff with an explicit mod that is "counts as a wand" or something? just asking :) lol
I mean I wish we had the real Synthesis back, you got heavily critized for it the first month and it was kinda trash the first month, then you made a fix that turned it into the best league to date. These days you have the tech to display the possible outcomes of the Synthesizer, which was one of the main critical points people had for it.

Because even though getting a random synthesis implicit sounds interesting on paper, if we only get 1 implicit and have zero control of it, this is basically just another lab enchant situation. There is so many mods that you are kinda never going to hit anything useful and with only being able to have 1 mod there is only a very select few that can compensate for the fact that we can't influence the item. The entire point of Synthesis items was that the implicits was going to be good enough to compete with Elder/Shaper items back then.

With this we have like onslaught is obviously something ppl will go for, the phys explode mod will also be sought after, some power/frenzy/endurance charge things might be sought after too but in many areas it will be shallow.
"
thep10xer wrote:
"
Szuger wrote:
The crafting option states that it adds implicit to CLUSTER JEWELS, does it actually work with abyss jewels and other passive tree jewels? Or those are made with some other crafts? couse your post sugest former, but the wording makes me think its latter :)

It says cluster jewels. There's only one type of jewel thats a cluster jewel.

AByss jewels are abyss jewels. Clearly I have no idea where you are getting confused.

You have no idea because: A. you didn't read the Announcement well, and then B. you also didn't read his post well.

I feel like reexplaining would be pointless as you'll either re-read those posts now or you'll double down.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
Man, I never thought I'd see the day when GGG would introduce precision crafting that allows you to take off a specific modifier and then add a specific modifier.

...So how prohibitively expensive and/or RNG-gated are these recipies gonna be?

I mean its still going to be 999 out of a thousand get garbage results and the 1 out of a thousand posts his item to Reddit and everyone squees over it.

Add a life mod as done by hundreds of people per hour:
5 flat regen
.3% regen
11 flat regen
.3% Life Leech
6 flat regen
.3% Life Leech
.2% Life Leech
22 Life and Armor hybrid
.2% Life Leech
9 flat regen
.2% regen
41 Maximum Life
.2% regen
.3% Life Leech

**** 1000 different peoples crafts later ****

120 Maximum Life !!!!!! *posts 150 life armor with other great mods to reddit*

This is the game in a nutshell this idea that you're going to make tons of GG gear with these crafts when very likely you'll get a few dozen total attempts and maybe only 1 or 2 with the most rare crafts, and that of those half a dozen really special ones ANY OF THEM WILL WORK OUT as a true T1 high value mod added to a true multi T1 item is statistically ridiculous. The only people that will really make cool shit will be the ones who RMT currency to brute force, and then buy all these crafts en mass to ensure that they can also brute force the RNG out of the crafting results. And ofc Streamers who can no life because they are being paid to no life.

99% of the playerbase will make nothing but disappointment. As is tradition.
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
VenomBlad3s wrote:
I mean I wish we had the real Synthesis back

Tbh so do I hopefully they will put more at least elements of it back in but hopefully less deballed than Bestiary if they went that route.

"
VenomBlad3s wrote:

Because even though getting a random synthesis implicit sounds interesting on paper, if we only get 1 implicit and have zero control of it, this is basically just another lab enchant situation.

I don't disagree I'd just hope that a mod like this is plentiful enough to help counter balance the fact that 99.9% of the mods will be either trash or inappropriate for the item/base and thus essentially trash.

I will say that if they let us add lots of synth implicits to items this could prove to be one of the highlights of this league and keep someone like me around for much longer than my record low 1 month of Delirium.

I've never played POE less than Delirium even Talisman kept me around until I threw up my hands in month 2 and got angry at GGG for wasting two months of my life doing their most dishonestly bullshit ultra lotto odds of ever feeling rewarded for my effort league.
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
Man, I never thought I'd see the day when GGG would introduce precision crafting that allows you to take off a specific modifier and then add a specific modifier.

...So how prohibitively expensive and/or RNG-gated are these recipies gonna be?

I mean its still going to be 999 out of a thousand get garbage results and the 1 out of a thousand posts his item to Reddit and everyone squees over it.

Add a life mod as done by hundreds of people per hour:
5 flat regen
.3% regen
11 flat regen
.3% Life Leech
6 flat regen
.3% Life Leech
.2% Life Leech
22 Life and Armor hybrid
.2% Life Leech
9 flat regen
.2% regen
41 Maximum Life
.2% regen
.3% Life Leech

**** 1000 different peoples crafts later ****

120 Maximum Life !!!!!! *posts 150 life armor with other great mods to reddit*

This is the game in a nutshell this idea that you're going to make tons of GG gear with these crafts when very likely you'll get a few dozen total attempts and maybe only 1 or 2 with the most rare crafts, and that of those half a dozen really special ones ANY OF THEM WILL WORK OUT as a true T1 high value mod added to a true multi T1 item is statistically ridiculous. The only people that will really make cool shit will be the ones who RMT currency to brute force, and then buy all these crafts en mass to ensure that they can also brute force the RNG out of the crafting results. And ofc Streamers who can no life because they are being paid to no life.

99% of the playerbase will make nothing but disappointment. As is tradition.

You must be amazing at parties.

Anyway, you are not half wrong, but still, talk about a downer.

The problems is in the whole "i must have 120 max life item!"... you don't need it, you want it, and a 300 billion dmg build wont be that different to a 10mil dmg build. Its stupidly redundant and people are losing their shit half the time for no reason.

If you aint among the "lose my shit over this type" there are numerous options, especially with trade actually, since people are selling items dirt cheap because they aren't their "120max life"... Fine by me, more than good enough to do 99% of the game content (if not all depending on the build).

Having that said, I am suspicious how these testing the waters for future changes experiments will go. I mean, "as is tradition" 6 linking has been a pain the behind, and in PoE2 will we have over half a dozen 6links per build. So "as is tradition" really don't count for much with a game that is constantly evolving.
Last edited by HazaRdReborN on Jun 15, 2020, 2:46:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info