Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:
The habit of waking up early has allowed me to play, so I'm at about lvl 45, playing warlock acolyte, and having a great time.

I really like how interactive the skill passive trees are, where I've got a red shade specced into making a big boom when it runs out, and then my Cthulhu fissure makes any red shade instantly-expire when touched by the spirits, turning the originally a dot skill Red shade into insta-nukes. Also, the fissure shoots out my chaos bolts, which have their own tree... definitely feels great, so I'm just hoping the endgame doesn't end up being too restrictive on builds.

Warlock here as well, Level 70. Hybrid DOT/Hit damage.

Feels good for trash clear but timeline endbosses (not the small ones in each echo) make me go OOM quickly even with Soul Feast spam.

I guess i approach this class the wrong way when doing DOTs and try to selfcast on top of the fissure which seems the bread and butter skill and is very mana hungry when it's proccing various skills (like Chaos Bolts, Volatile Zombies).

I'm running wandering spirits, so the general fight idea is to pop spirits, lay down the fissures, maybe cast a shade or two, and then pick up loot. At bosses, I don't feel like I've got the time to cast more than an occassional shade or two anyway, though I do get OOM'd pretty fast if a fissure has nothing to hit. The mana gain on chaos bolt hitting a cursed enemy seems to be working fine though as I generally don't OOM for as long as the fissures have enemies around them... might also be because it's my first time playing, so I'm worse at finding the burst windows where I could sit and cast at bosses, so I never quite do.
The new Falconeer subclass is busted AF. The falcon is basically the agony crawler but doesn't even require an investment. One of the skills is movement + massive AoE damage + buffs + cooldown reductions + life and mana restoration. This is kinda nuts, its only weakness is having to invest heavily in the tree before you get it.

I think the issue might be triple dipping. The falcon scales based on dexterity, minion damage and your own damage and crit. I feel like hitting for 30k crits at level 70 with crappy gear (Merchant's Guide here) shouldn't be this easy.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Feb 25, 2024, 8:58:43 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The new Falconeer subclass is busted AF. The falcon is basically the agony crawler but doesn't even require an investment. One of the skills is movement + massive AoE damage + buffs + cooldown reductions + life and mana restoration. This is kinda nuts, its only weakness is having to invest heavily in the tree before you get it.

I think the issue might be triple dipping. The falcon scales based on dexterity, minion damage and your own damage and crit. I feel like hitting for 30k crits at level 70 with crappy gear (Merchant's Guide here) shouldn't be this easy.

How comparable is the DPS to a DOT stacking shuriken build?
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Too early to say. The launch has been horrid and I've barely played. Plus there are no solid DPS numbers for things like falcon and ballistae. All I can say is that it is strong, no way to compare without more information.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Too early to say. The launch has been horrid and I've barely played. Plus there are no solid DPS numbers for things like falcon and ballistae. All I can say is that it is strong, no way to compare without more information.

I can feel the the NO DPS tooltips as well.
Chaos Bolts has no dps tooltips since launch (opened a thread in bug reports) and i have to basically enter a echo and gauge it manually.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
It pisses me off how I am almost in empowered monoliths but still don't have enough faction rep to buy exalted items. Every game just must make trading as annoying as possible, no exceptions
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
It pisses me off how I am almost in empowered monoliths but still don't have enough faction rep to buy exalted items. Every game just must make trading as annoying as possible, no exceptions

And here I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong, seeing as I'm not past lvl60 and not even close to being able to buy exalted items... seems to be an unfortunate feature.
Yup, just hit empowered monoliths and I am still at level 4.5 faction rep. This should definitely be fixed.

On the flipside, at least I can pretend to be a ballista totem Hierophant. Pretty nice for arenas

It seems very good, it copy-cat everything that has being done before and took the best of it: All games are doing this, but here it is clear there are several brilliant approchaches and compromises.

Now, if the creators/devs decide to use their new funds to increase the whole game GFX design and polishing, then it will definitely be a "killer".

It's a mix of POE, Diablo series, and Grim Dawn. I guess i played it several hours in a row at first try for a reason, i very, very, rarely do this.
Last edited by Universalis on Feb 26, 2024, 3:03:35 PM
Aaaaaand here is where the game fails. I can roll over empowered monoliths now. Didn't even play that much to get there. Meanwhile, if this was PoE, I might have been able to clear red maps with a couple of deaths. This is not even mentioning the corrupting, league mechanics, zana mods, scarabs, etc. you can use to make them harder and more exciting. What can you use here? Slowly buffing up the corruption which results in more monster stats and that's it? Boring.

I know I can do those special dungeons but most of them are boring too. Get to the boss as quickly as possible and avoid telegraphed attacks. The end game is more about the journey, because the destination is very much lacking even in 1.0.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Feb 27, 2024, 6:25:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info