Last Epoch latest patch feels really good

"
Watched the Technical Trailer to see how it looks now. Much more polished than a few years back but otherwise it did nothing for me. I still find the character models kinda derpy and the setting/story forgettable. But I get neither of those are why you guys play ARPGs.

As a final sort of note, I watched said trailer on the tv. GF/fellow Diamond supporter asked why I was looking at PoE again.

Take that as you will. :)

The new release is heavily focused on reworking the looks overall, as well as performance.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Patch 1 overview hosted by founder.

https://youtu.be/LGNB-ZuNREo
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Last edited by Marinxar on Feb 20, 2024, 10:47:12 AM
"
Jerle wrote:
Is everyone ready for Last Epoch in a week?!?!?!

More interesting question is: Are their servers ready in case people would like to try multiplayer and new cycle/league/season? There will be way more players this time so i'm not really sure of that.

edit:

152k steam players and online mode shut down temporarily. Guess cycle thingies are ready in 1-2 days from now on, at least there is offline mode.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Feb 21, 2024, 1:07:27 PM
"
Marinxar wrote:

The new release is heavily focused on reworking the looks overall, as well as performance.

Was surprised how much better it looked today, it looked like absolute ass last time I played which was a year or so ago.
For whatever reason, the technical trailer is being billed as THE game trailer, at least on my youtubes.

So reviews so far are aligned with my take on EHG's stab at finding a middle way between Diablo and PoE: stab successful, but not really much for non ARPG junkies to hold onto. Messy story, difficulty spikes contradicting open ended character building, adequate end game design.

7-8/10? Seems perfectly fair for a game with a lot of potential but little to stand out for lay folk.

I am sure it's a 10/10 for those who have been waiting for that middle way after a certain other game I refuse to name shat pretty much every bed this side of Belarus.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 22, 2024, 7:42:01 PM
Poor servers. The downfalls of many an anticipated launch.

I will play when they are done melting.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Game is great. Level 20ish and everything has been intuitive and enjoyable so far. Especially the crafting system!

Servers have been pretty solid for me most of the day.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Have only just started playing but the game crashes out every time I get to the Keeper Vault and start fighting the first boss. Can't file a bug report because when I try to login via Steam I get an internal server error.

Have tried the various fixes recommended without any success so far. Hopefully there's some sort of patch soon to remedy this because I'm really looking forward to playing the game.
TLDR of the first 3 days of LE 1.0 described with images:

Lots of people are hyped and new record steam numbers but then LE-61 and LE-65 strikes again:

Spoiler

Trying to play online and group with others:

Spoiler

Not working skills/passives or no DMG tooltip at all:

Spoiler

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Feb 24, 2024, 7:47:58 AM
The habit of waking up early has allowed me to play, so I'm at about lvl 45, playing warlock acolyte, and having a great time.

I really like how interactive the skill passive trees are, where I've got a red shade specced into making a big boom when it runs out, and then my Cthulhu fissure makes any red shade instantly-expire when touched by the spirits, turning the originally a dot skill Red shade into insta-nukes. Also, the fissure shoots out my chaos bolts, which have their own tree... definitely feels great, so I'm just hoping the endgame doesn't end up being too restrictive on builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info