We're currently in the 11th week of Delirium league and thought that now would be a great time to take a look at some statistics.

We'll start by examining unique item usage. First, let's look at all character levels.

Top 10 Uniques (All levels)

• Tabula Rasa
  • Survival Instincts
  • Perandus Blazon
  • Atziri's Promise
  • Watcher's Eye
  • Lion's Roar
  • Rumi's Concoction
  • Fevered Mind
  • Voices
  • Goldrim

As you can see, Tabula Rasa is the most-used unique when we look at all character levels. If we compare back to Legion league (which was the last time we publicly showed similar stats), we can see that this was the case then as well. Many of the uniques in this list are leveling uniques, though we do see some endgame uniques in here, primarily Watcher's Eye and Voices. Notably, Watcher's Eye didn't make it into the top ten in Legion league.

Now let's take a look at unique usage for characters under level 70.

Top 10 Uniques - Level <70

• Tabula Rasa
  • Survival Instincts
  • Wanderlust
  • Goldrim
  • Blackheart
  • Karui Ward
  • Lifesprig
  • Wurm's Molt
  • Kaom's Sign
  • Lochtonial Caress

As one would expect, all of these items are generally considered to be leveling uniques. If you're ever unsure as to what uniques would be useful for leveling, look no further! Wurm's Molt makes a showing thanks to its leech modifiers (in particular, mana leech). Lochtonial Caress is a great source of charge generation, while Goldrim provides much needed resistances for the leveling process.

Now, let's see how this list looks as we tighten up the restrictions, looking at all characters that are level 70+.

Top 10 Uniques - Level 70+

• Tabula Rasa
  • Atziri's Promise
  • Perandus Blazon
  • Watcher's Eye
  • Lion's Roar
  • Rumi's Concoction
  • Survival Instincts
  • Fevered Mind
  • Voices
  • Rotgut

Tabula Rasa continues to be the leading body armour choice here, thanks to the easy access to 6-linked sockets. Now that players are able to use it, Atziri's Promise is a universally useful choice, granting extra damage to both attack and spell builds. We start to see Voices make a showing here, which you'll soon see becomes an even more popular choice as we look at higher level characters.

Finally, we'll take a look at high level characters and see how their gear choices differ from the level 70+ bracket.

Top 10 Uniques - Level 90+

• Watcher's Eye
  • Voices
  • Atziri's Promise
  • Fevered Mind
  • Lion's Roar
  • Cinderswallow Urn
  • Split Personality
  • Rumi's Concoction
  • Call of the Brotherhood
  • Prism Guardian

Watcher's Eye reigns supreme. This isn't a huge surprise, especially given how many builds a Watcher's Eye can slot into. We see that Voices has become much more popular in this bracket compared to when we included level 70+ characters. Atziri's Promise becomes slightly less popular, though still remains the third most used unique, again, thanks to its flexibility to fit into a wide assortment of builds. Newcomers in this very endgame bracket include Call of the Brotherhood and Prism Guardian (a staple for characters wanting to reserve additional auras).

Moving on to looking at some Map statistics, let's first look at the top-ten maps based on the number of times they were run.

Top Ten Maps by Number Run

AreaNumber of Runs
Beach17,648,116
Jungle Valley14,777,282
Pier13,464,286
Wharf13,442,293
Strand11,913,135
Burial Chambers10,658,283
Alleyways6,883,947
Underground Sea5,976,159
Promenade5,218,652
Fungal Hollow4,945,618

One of the most interesting takeaways from this is how almost all of these maps have one thing in common; they're linear. It's quite cool to see that the league mechanic is clearly influencing player choice, especially when you contrast this list to that from Legion league, where many of the maps were more spacious and wide-open. One thing to note here is that the top four maps happen to be the innermost Tier 1 maps on the Atlas, therefore they'll have been run by almost all players as they progress their Atlas. There's a very large dropoff between Burial Chambers and Alleyways here.

Now, let's look at the top-ten most-deadly areas (based on number of character deaths).

Top Ten Areas by Deaths

AreaDeaths
The Cavern of Anger12,017,243
The Karui Fortress9,301,367
The Harvest8,096,858
The Belly of the Beast Level 28,003,605
The Chamber of Innocence6,540,721
Beach6,317,491
Azurite Mine6,267,286
The Blood Aqueduct6,162,409
The High Gardens5,870,453
The Rotting Core5,714,269

We see a lot of campaign areas popping up here as the most deadly; in particular, Merveil appears to be quite lethal. Many campaign bosses received significant buffs in 3.9.0, and the impact of those changes is very evident in just how many players are getting mercilessly slaughtered by them. In Legion, we saw six map areas in this list, but in Delirium, we only see one. Beach is the most-deadly map, though much of that can be explained by the fact that it is one of the first maps players will run on the Atlas, fresh off the back of a resistance penalty, and up against an elemental-damage-dealing boss. The Azurite Mine makes another showing (as it did in Legion), though is slightly less deadly (relatively speaking) thanks to the campaign areas above it.

This set of statistics has been fascinating to look at, particularly how much of the unique usage is represented by endgame uniques, rather than having quite a few leveling uniques in the list (as Legion league did). Seeing how Delirium has affected players map choice has been intriguing as well as the impact of the 3.9.0 campaign boss buffs. We will keep an eye on how things unfold in the next league and will certainly keep you posted!
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
bring back c h a s e u n i q u e s
"
As you can see, Tabula Rasa is the most-used unique when we look at all character levels.

Is it time to nerf?
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by TauOrigin on May 26, 2020, 10:10:50 PM
Looks like the Cavern of Anger is now living up to its name. I mean, I'd be pretty mad too if my lover gave me a gift that turned me into a horrifying abomination and ditched me to go play with his sword.

Thank you for posting these stats, it's neat to see who uses what and where death lurks the most!
well well well....
Perrythepig is awesome
"One of the most interesting takeaways from this is how almost all of these maps have one thing in common; they're linear. It's quite cool to see that the league mechanic is clearly influencing player choice, especially when you contrast this list to that from Legion league, where many of the maps were more spacious and wide-open."

Mostly because Delirium barely worked on anything other than a long hallway.
glad that people are dying at Cavern of Anger. I dont feel too noob anymore. haha
No to conditional challenges on top of RNG pure luck mechanics.
only 10,658,283 bc maps wow....
I think an interesting stat would be average player deaths per 1 day playtime for all characters lvl 90+ in DSC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info