-

"
Kmiec wrote:
Gonna update this for the new tree?
Or no changes other than grabbing wind dancer on tree instead of jewel?

Almost the same, except dropping Perfect Agony then grab Wind Dancer
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Protozoary wrote:
Is everything updated? I'm a new player and as I was reading the "Leveling" section, none of the passives matched the Path of Building listed ones.

sorry for the confusion, it's a mistake on my end, don't worry about the passives in the whole leveling section.

Hi - so we should take evasion and life node instead of projectile speed at the beginning then instead of what is initially outlined in the passives ? (the end tree aligns with the POB)
"
BowWizard wrote:
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
Protozoary wrote:
Is everything updated? I'm a new player and as I was reading the "Leveling" section, none of the passives matched the Path of Building listed ones.

sorry for the confusion, it's a mistake on my end, don't worry about the passives in the whole leveling section.

Hi - so we should take evasion and life node instead of projectile speed at the beginning then instead of what is initially outlined in the passives ? (the end tree aligns with the POB)

no, you have to take the projectile damage early on, then refund the points later on. Because this build does not have good damage early, taking evasion life start will have problems on killing act bosses.

So as you progress your passive tree, until you reach the progression that swapped to life, just refund those points at projectile damage then put it into the life
I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Nice guide, I'm considering a TR Pathfinder to play in Harvest. Skill also synergizes well with the theme of the league by spawning plants. :)

What do you think about Master Toxicist instead of Nature's Adrenaline?

I'm a big fan of rolling Dread Banner (+Generosity) alongside Flesh and Stone, maybe I can make some space for it.
"
Remicaster1 wrote:
"
BowWizard wrote:

no, you have to take the projectile damage early on, then refund the points later on. Because this build does not have good damage early, taking evasion life start will have problems on killing act bosses.

So as you progress your passive tree, until you reach the progression that swapped to life, just refund those points at projectile damage then put it into the life

To respec you have to change the build starting node from what it is at BC (before cluster) to what it is AC (after cluster)

but that is right at the start of the characters passive tree. As far as I know this means I have to respec everything or can you now respec any node on the tree without having to remove items connected to it ?

I'm ok with having to do a complete respec once, just want to make sure I understand the mechanics of doing so correctly so I can avoid spending more orbs of regret than I have to.
Just fill in the life/evasion nodes and join up with the tree before you unspec the damage nodes.
You can either refund points elsewhere on the tree to get them and put back later or just save up 5 points if you don't want to 'waste' regrets.

A lot of new players in general don't like using their regrets - I use them all the time, take less efficient but closer nodes until you have enough to reach the cluster you actually want. As well as grabbing movement speed and resists on tree while levelling.

"
BowWizard wrote:
but that is right at the start of the characters passive tree. As far as I know this means I have to respec everything or can you now respec any node on the tree without having to remove items connected to it ?
Connect the tree from both sides first (probably will happen around lvl 50) and you can remove first branch as long as everything is connected through the second branch.

Be extra careful to connect Herbalism to the starting life nodes, people tend to miss one of the 3 points there and then can't unspec what they wanted to.
Just did an Act 3 practice run in 1h13min, all lab trials and passives done. Lab not done, but you can add 5-7 min to the run with lab.
Maybe its faster to do lab first to help on bosses and running, but my plan is to do lab when I get the mine waypoint at act 4.
It was pretty fast (but bosses still feel pretty bad), and I got VERY unlucky, no movespeed boots at all the whole run, got a 3L only by the end of act 2, and found no 4L at all. (also no good essences)

With some luck can reduce time to 1h10 with lab done.

Definitely starting with this on Harvest.

Good luck to everyone.

Edit: Didn't use Malevolence nor Despair because I didn't have enough int, another bad luck case. With those I believe bosses will feel better, and we can shave off more time.
Last edited by Kmiec on Jun 18, 2020, 3:34:45 PM
No POB?
Heya mate. First thing, i want to compliment with you for such a great guide, very very helpful for new players, for leveling especially.
I'm not new player, but i've skipped the last two leagues for personal reasons, and since this game keeps evolving league after league, i'm out of some mechanics (for example, cluster jewels).

I've done many archer builds, but never tried Toxic Rain even if i wanted to. Never found an appealing guide.
This time i found one right here, and i'm curious to try this build as league starter since it seems quite cheap at least for reaching fast maps and farming low maps.

I need to ask you a couple things:
1)all this high atk speed and aoe from the skill is gonna be impactful regarding FPS? I heard there should be a new system that makes the effects lighter for my pc, and that's great, but i fear that won't be enough considering my laptop doesn't have a dedicated gpu (though it has 12gb ram and a decent cpu)... Can you tell me anything regarding the performance of the skill when you have high atk speed and aoe?

2) are cluster jewels for endgame boss? i'm not quite concerned about the loss of dps you've mentioned in the first post with the changes incoming, just wanted to know if it will be competitive even with only 3M dps for Shaper/Elder/Guardians farming(even tho you won't instaphase him ofc, i don't care about that)

3) are there any impactful changes for the build, aside from the dps loss? Changes on passive tree?

Thanks mate, keep it up with your good work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info