[3.11] Chainbreaker Explosive Arrow Totems Hierophant - HC Viable - AW8/all content/great clear

The build lives again!

Updates for 3.11 and how to make it viable.

https://pastebin.com/5QKM2kv8

CHAINBREAKER is so good. You need a lethal pride with Akoya/Rakiata.
You have pretty much permanent berserk, which isn't show in the POB.

Awakener 8 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j96JJ03Q1fw

Uber Elder kill here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzyPfASXoU4

Map Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTcZycNEkh0&feature=youtu.be

I thought i'd put up a simple guide for this character, incase anyone was interested. It's very versatile, it can run all map mods (ele reflect only kills 1 totem when the arrows explode, so very easy to run, almost not notifiable, no regen is doable with a mana flask)

The idea is stacking cluster jewels with snaring sentries (+1 to attack totems) to get 10 totems, all using explosive arrow to create huge explosions, then proliferating that for excellent clear. It's certiainly not the only way to build explosive arrow, there are numerous, but it's my favorite so far.

It's no herald stacker, but it's a very balanced build capable of doing all content, easy to get going and a great league starter.

POB: https://pastebin.com/Ye4Yu8AE

This build mostly scales the hit of explosive arrow, rather than the ignite. But due to the huge hit, and a little bit of scaling from fire multi, the ignite is still pretty big.

To get started all you need is (without the corrupts is fine too, but they're very cheap at the moment)

You will need a megalomaniac with sleepless sentries and fan the flames, or you can just run ignite prolif gem if you cant find one of those.

You will need a bit of accuracy on your gear or jewels, but not much as we're running a level 21 precision.

This gear setup will get you through the entire game, but if you want to take it further you can craft yourself some upgrades like these

This can be made by spamming Corroded, Jagged, Metallic Fossils into a shaped bow, ilvl83. Then you can scour the suffixs and multimod, but i just left mine as is.

This can be crafted by awakener orbs pretty easily, but will cost about 5/6ex for those mods

Helm Enchants

Spoiler
Explosive arrow has many helm enchants, -30 explosive arrow reduction (prioritize getting this for mapping for mapping, 15% attack speed or 40% increased damage, i prefer attack speed over increased damage, but it doesn't really matter. You do not even really need an enchant.

Gem links
Spoiler

Swap GMP for faster attacks when doing sirus/uber elder, or if you have a white socket you could use fire pen. But i still prefer faster attacks

My current gear
Spoiler

Last edited by Yaaaak on Jul 1, 2020, 5:36:27 AM
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2020, 11:39:56 AM
is a good league starter? thinking to try this build for the next league
I'm going to do a few tests, most of the uniques would be pretty easy to get on day 1, but it might be better to do freezing pulse totems and swap over day 2.

Going to also test if it's better to level scaling the ingite, before you can get access to a high level empower.

But ultimately, yes I think it would be a fantastic league starter. Depends what they do to cluster jewels tho...
Giving this a go, crafting the bow is fairly painful though.
Finally hit the prefixes, but no attack speed and full suffixes. SO will have to try and annul at some point I think....
Small tip - don't accidently roll a bow with pierce on it and try and use it...
Wondered why it took my about 5 minutes to kill a boss!

Can you post a vid of general map clear? Id imagine its pretty fast. I was going to do a storm Burst totem build ,saw this, now conflicted :)
Build is mostly going ok, though the delay can be a little dangerous especially now I've swapped away from the reduced delay enchant (Maybe should use for mapping/delving). Have you experimented with using less duration? Might try, or do we always stack all the arrows before the timer runs out anyway?

Single target doesn't seem quite as good as expected either, no white socket so using faster attacks over fire pen. Guess I might just have to be more patient, let them do their thing while I run around.

I am missing a bit of damage off belt and ring (Increased damage on gear pretty important as there isn't a huge amount on the tree) but don't think it will be that impactful

Current gear

I'm not res balanced, and wise oak only works while dying sun is up too. I'll try and fix resists up better so I can use a better belt. I can suffix scour the amulet for resists too, but would rather not spend the ex on that right now.
Still want to either craft a new bow or annull a suffix
Ok, managed to make a spare bow, so I risked the annul on mine and cleared the suffix. Spare is an imperial bow so slightly slower and needs more dex (But has the ele damage implicit). Also need to link it and sort out suffixes.

I've just crafted cheap attack speed on mine for now, need to decide what to craft on multimod, presumably attack speed + double damage. Though could be greedy and tray and metacraft it....

Any suggestions?

Oh, I made this too

Got greedy with last slam (I exalted all res and accuracy) and hit the odd block roll
Last edited by Carlovski on May 17, 2020, 1:49:48 PM
"
Carlovski wrote:
Ok, managed to make a spare bow, so I risked the annul on mine and cleared the suffix. Spare is an imperial bow so slightly slower and needs more dex (But has the ele damage implicit). Also need to link it and sort out suffixes.

I've just crafted cheap attack speed on mine for now, need to decide what to craft on multimod, presumably attack speed + double damage. Though could be greedy and tray and metacraft it....

Any suggestions?

Oh, I made this too

Got greedy with last slam (I exalted all res and accuracy) and hit the odd block roll

Yeah double damage + attack speed is the way to go for sure

And yeah, mapping with reduced duration helm enchant feels a lot better. Unless you put in the skill gem somewhere....
Managed to craft it in the end, really was not worth over multimod, but I was stubborn. Proj speed is a junk mod, but not trying again!

Swapping less duration in for ele damage with attacks works ok for mapping. Could buy an enchanted helm, but that means swapping, and the only one listed for devoto's online is 5ex (Though can probably haggle down)

Using devoto's and tweaking some gear has got me to 44% chaos res though, which is nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info