[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
Inva1987 wrote:
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
i got 4R 2G atm on wildwrap, what gems in order should i put on it?

I think Added cold damage or faster attacks, dont know what is better. If you go faster attacks you can maybe take icecrash, fortify, elemental damage with attacks and melee phys.

She says earlier in the thread to use Cold Penetration and Hypothermia for the two greens.
Hi all, I've got a question about the mana cost reduction on rings. I'm currently running a 6L with 4R,2G (hypothermia and cold pen) and am able to sustain on the mana leach just fine using the 1 mana/health leech node that is on the tree right below Vaal Pact. Granted, none of my gems have hit quality yet.

My gear isn't amazing, but I've got all the uniques at this point, and am now starting to focus in on my rings. My question relates to the gear guide recommending getting -9 Mana on both rings by keeping an open prefix on both. Has something happened to the cost of these skill/supporting gems through the leagues that has made this cheaper?

Does anyone have their gems reset/quality maxed and are finding they are okay on the mana sustain? I'm confused as to whether or not both rings having -9 mana cost is still needed at this point. Am I missing something?

Cheers
I’m up through T10 maps, a few quick thoughts:

I wish I had just saved my pennies from rituals and got OWN earlier instead of leveling with frost blades. The Divcards definitely would have helped.

I see almost no reason not to take Vaal Pact, am I missing something?

Seems like Medium Thread of Hope in the bottom socket getting both Disciplines, Versatile Stance and maybe Surveillance would be solid, probably worth losing a generic jewel over.

Any idea whether grabbing the easily accessible generic +30 attributes is worth it if using Cyclopean Coil?

Having played with both, I think Veil feels better than Chase. Exposure is awesome and basically impossible to fit in elsewhere (maybe you could fit Frost bomb on CWDT instead of duration?), elemental ailment immunity is phenomenal, phasing makes things very smooth, and dodge+spell dodge and accuracy down is better than evasion. You can fit onslaught in somewhere else like an abyss jewel, which is easy to run over cyclopean coil because freeze is covered by veil.

The build is very much “what you see is what you get”. Other than finding perfect a watcher’s eye and brutal restraint, double corrupt chest, getting spider and frostbite on rings, and getting perfect clusters, there’s not loads of room to grow when you hit high end. I don’t think it’s reasonable to get better boots (maybe really high life and dex tailwind elusive boots would be better, but I don’t think so and they would be comically expensive for what I’m guessing would be a very marginal upgrade). There’s definitely a bit of wiggle room, but it seems like you hit the point of diminishing returns pretty quickly (probably less than 20ex unless you’re gunning for obscene rares). This isn’t necessarily bad because the build SLAPS, it’s just something to keep in mind as it may be easier to reroll once you hit a deep, deep endgame wall than to try to get over it.

Last edited by AnOddRadish on Jan 20, 2021, 12:04:28 PM
"
AnOddRadish wrote:
Having played with both, I think Veil feels better than Chase. Exposure is awesome and basically impossible to fit in elsewhere (maybe you could fit Frost bomb on CWDT instead of duration?), elemental ailment immunity is phenomenal, phasing makes things very smooth, and dodge+spell dodge and accuracy down is better than evasion. You can fit onslaught in somewhere else like an abyss jewel, which is easy to run over cyclopean coil because freeze is covered by veil.

Absolutely this, going to be playing the build again soon and probably going Veil. Just seems so strong and like you said onslaught is available elsewhere.

I'm not sure about the thread of hope idea, in my mind any benefit is cancelled by the -res. But since I have to reword things a little anyway will take a look.

Really appreciate the feedback man, you reminded me I wanted to take another look at the levelling and add some bits about the new ways to get OWN.

https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Just wanted to say thanks and provide feedback for the build. I'm running low reds with ease currently, tried switching around ascendancy and whatnot and here's my take.

Chase vs. Veil
It's a preference of damage vs. defense imo. Veil provides a better defensive layer through ailment immunity and dodge while Chase provides a more QoL with movespeed and its attack speed inc. that causes Multistrike repeats to be much faster (so I can move>multistrike>move at a better rate). Personally I prefer Chase, but Veil isn't lacking at all so it all comes down to what you as the player wanted, Raiders are great and every node is great somehow.

Also, since I was unable to get a 4R boots (wasted like 1k Jewellers now and Harvest ain't giving me the option to 4R as well) so I've been able to test 3R + Phase Run for phasing and it performs nicely, I'm trying out Frostbomb and it's great as well and bosses die easily enough for my boomer tastes.
I've been playing Hollow palm Raider this league and this guide has definitely helped a lot. Awesome stuff and thank you for sharing it Velyna!

However may i suggest something?

I have no idea why everyone is picking Proficiency (+30 dex) and it bothers me to no end. Now i mean i get it - it's 30 dex + another 10 dex from the transofrmed 10 str to 10 dex via Fluid Motion. And dex is what we want above all! But lets examine it further.

If you go for Proficiency you get the following for 4 passive skill points:
40 dex + 20 str

On the other hand for 4 passive skill points instead of Proficiency you can grab Acuity.

If you go for Acuity you get the following:
30 dex + 13% attack speed (and quite a bit of accuracy which the build doesn't really need more of)

But wait there's more! One would typically use a Brutal Restraint which would affect those 4 passive skill points for another +10 dex and a random modifier to the Acuity notable itself. Also it allows you to pick evasion per frenzy charge instead of duration leading to the +1 frenzy cahrge notable thus providing some extra evasion. In the end even if that modifier is completely worthless going for Acuity is still the better option.

In my opinion at least.

Anyway i rarely post in the forums as of late but i really enjoyed the build and just had to say "thank you" and offer some possible improvements! :)

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jan 21, 2021, 6:10:56 AM
Where should i upgrade now? I need idea about this.

Also i was planing to buy "Cinderswallow Urn" for easy mapping. Should i buy or not?

Anyone can check my character from my profile.
Last edited by Paradox61TR on Jan 21, 2021, 8:14:59 AM
"
Paradox61TR wrote:
Where should i upgrade now? I need idea about this.

Also i was planing to buy "Cinderswallow Urn" for easy mapping. Should i buy or not?

Anyone can check my character from my profile.

Did a quick look into your profile and both of your rings need improvement.
@Paradox61TR

Also complete the Uber Labyrinth.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Does the hallow palm only drop from simulacrum boss or can I get it in deli orb'd maps? I'm doing this in a private league so I have to farm the jewel :x
WWWWWWAAAAAAAZZZZZAAAAAAAAA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info