[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

There are some new atlas passives that make delirium appear more reliably and be also easier to farm. Probably not at the very start of the league though, as people need time to farm their atlas up to a level where they can benefit from those.

Even without the jewel, the build can bring a solid 500k+ AOE DPS on paper with just average rare items. Because of that, I see the jewel as more of an eventual upgrade than the make or break set-piece of the build :)

One thing I do not understand is why armor instead of evasion.
Heya!

I'm still very inexperienced with the game, but I've wanted to try a Ice Crash build for a long time, and this guide looks amazing.

My question is if it's possible / viable to change to Ice Crash from Frost Blades earlier during leveling instead of waiting till Maps? or will I be hampered by doing so.

Thanks and love the guide!
"
Velyna wrote:
"
realVIP wrote:
amazing build ,lame question coming in hehe if used as a league starter what should i use untill i can get the One With Nothing
Small Cluster Jewel? and what would be the most optimal way to gear up ? thank you

Hey there! not lame at all.

I used Frost Blades 1H + Shield for the leaguestart levelling section, then swapped to Ice Crash at the end of act 3. It can use all the same supports.

Once you have the jewel respec into the Hollow Palm tree. Your first set of gear can be rare items with Life + Resists + DEX. I would prioritize a 5L Wildwrap and Astramentis, and also flasks are very important. We have several strong upgrades in the 20-40c range which is nice.

I think this post from the OP should answer your question.
Also, I did a test run of my build yesterday until mid act 4 and I also switched to Ice Crash literally after lvl 28, when it became available :) I had no problems with it compared to Frost Blades.
"
csebal wrote:
"
Velyna wrote:
"
realVIP wrote:
amazing build ,lame question coming in hehe if used as a league starter what should i use untill i can get the One With Nothing
Small Cluster Jewel? and what would be the most optimal way to gear up ? thank you

Hey there! not lame at all.

I used Frost Blades 1H + Shield for the leaguestart levelling section, then swapped to Ice Crash at the end of act 3. It can use all the same supports.

Once you have the jewel respec into the Hollow Palm tree. Your first set of gear can be rare items with Life + Resists + DEX. I would prioritize a 5L Wildwrap and Astramentis, and also flasks are very important. We have several strong upgrades in the 20-40c range which is nice.

I think this post from the OP should answer your question.
Also, I did a test run of my build yesterday until mid act 4 and I also switched to Ice Crash literally after lvl 28, when it became available :) I had no problems with it compared to Frost Blades.

Yes thanks that's a really good answer!

The main thing when swapping is that Ice Crash needs a fair bit of attack speed to feel good. So the real answer is just swap when it feels good I guess.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on Jan 14, 2021, 8:17:44 AM
Just wanted to say that this build is really awesome and can completely smash all end game content without going crazy min-max. That said, the ceiling is very high and there are tons of ways to customize it. I chose to stack aoe last league and it made mapping super fast, but the build really shines in boss killing. I was able to kill Sirus A8 and Uber Elder deathless for the first time with this build. It will be really solid with the new multi-boss end game encounters this league.
"
Sabbea wrote:
Just wanted to say that this build is really awesome and can completely smash all end game content without going crazy min-max. That said, the ceiling is very high and there are tons of ways to customize it. I chose to stack aoe last league and it made mapping super fast, but the build really shines in boss killing. I was able to kill Sirus A8 and Uber Elder deathless for the first time with this build. It will be really solid with the new multi-boss end game encounters this league.

I agree, should be quite strong for bossing. Awesome to hear you enjoyed!
i have a question (never played ele raider before) how does avatar of the slaughter compare to avatar of the veil?
According to PoB it's actually better to drop Onslaught side for Veil. It is actually more dps (?) but I am not a good PoB warrior so hard to say. I was thinking of going veil when I swap boots/belt for high-end rares bcs you lose freeze immunity and ground effects will probably hurt with 5-5,5k life.
Last edited by MrPluszu on Jan 15, 2021, 4:35:09 AM
"
MrPluszu wrote:
According to PoB it's actually better to drop Onslaught side for Veil. It is actually more dps (?) but I am not a good PoB warrior so hard to say. I was thinking of going veil when I swap boots/belt for high-end rares bcs you lose freeze immunity and ground effects will probably hurt with 5-5,5k life.

It's an option for sure, just need to run an onslaught flask of some kind either silver or Cinderswallow Urn.
"
MrPluszu wrote:

debating on making a few changes such as going avatar of the veil/chase and finding an alternative to frenzy generation (seeing as we have quite a few),just not sure if that will turn out worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info