[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

Awesome build.

I usually play stuff up to a certain investment then sell gear and start a new one and I have hit that point.

Great defences, great damage. Obviously get one shot from time to time but with flasks up and such I run about 60% phys mitigation, 60% evade, 50% dodge, 40% spell dodge, basically perma phase, elemental ailment immunity and around 2m shaper dps. This is without a timeless jewel and without a white socket on the Wildwrap chest for the proper 6th link gem. With those things i'd be at around 3mil which is heaps :)

Thank you for the guide!
Recommend people who want to giving it a shot. Just remember it's melee, and will make the game harder.
"
Trapsquare wrote:
Awesome build.

I usually play stuff up to a certain investment then sell gear and start a new one and I have hit that point.

Glad you enjoyed!
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Even with 0.8% of attack damage leeched as mana, I'm still having mana issues, and I simply don't get it :(
"
Altoga wrote:
Even with 0.8% of attack damage leeched as mana, I'm still having mana issues, and I simply don't get it :(

The craft of the rings are a pain to get by (need to reveal ring from Elreon) but with them the dash cost is down to 0, which helps a lot.

I don't have this kind of ring yet and to manage the mana I'm simply using an Enduring Flask of Mana, this one keep feeling mana even when it's full you just need to pop it every so often and you're good to go ;)

Started this build today with less than 2 exalted investement, lvl 75 right now and it's already really fun to play :D Thanks for this guide !

I'm wondering if there's a secret to do this build in SSF ? How can you expect finding this jewel by yourself ?

Last edited by ExServ on Sep 29, 2020, 6:55:01 PM
I used this as my league starter in Heist. I saw an earlier post about a Replica Perfect Form Zodiac Leather. At that time the One With Nothing Jewel as 2ex+ (now they're hovering around 1ex), so I was looking at a very long curve. I bit the bullet and immediately began swapping and upgrading gear on the cheap.

Things I love: I love freezing things. Stun-locking bosses when I pop all my flasks and just wailing away at them is really satisfying. I'm fast and when I roll up to most packs I double-tap and they're done.

What I lucked out on: I bought a frostbite ring way under market price, and I managed to buy a ring with 43 dex and 106% resists and an open prefix for life. In total, I've spent less than 25c on gear as I enter yellow maps. While I'm not SSF, I prefer the general pace of SSF and the slow gear-up.

What's not going well: Being stun-locked by mass projectiles. I feel that when I'm dealing damage and leeching the survivability feels good even though I only have 3700 life. When I move between packs or engage huge, diverse mob groups with lurkers of projectile-hell... then I die. I often can't even get close enough to the packs to re-engage and the totem doesn't seem to cut it as a distraction. Getting more life is going to cost a pretty penny, but I can easily expect another 1k from gear upgrades. I also routinely find stragglers left behind that weren't cleared up by my initial attack. For a while I tried running culling strike, but it didn't seem worth it as my damage crept up.

What I'll do next: upgrade flasks and consider shift into a OWN jewel. This will mean buying and off-coloring a new chest. I'm not looking forward to that. My Zodiac is five linked, but colors are still an issue and I've only got 3r. I'm considering just keeping it and six-linking it since this may be my only character this league (Heist bores me). I'm also waiting on my final trial. I chose Quartz Infusion rather than slaughter or chase. I love phasing. The total DPS increase from any of the final three choices is between 10-14%, so since I'd like to be one-shot less I may pick Veil with its ailment immunity.

What I wish I could also do: spread my freezes further. I tried using greater area and elemental prolif when I had a blue slot in my chest. Those both felt pretty good. The damage feels fine for now, and I'd love suggestions for how to increas AOE or spread the freezes further throughout the packs.
Really fun build despite being 2-button.
Finding a proper Wildwrap was too hard so I swapped melee physical for hypothermia. I find the stronger chill/freeze very helpful and in the PoB environment it's only <100k dps less.

"
davebluedevil wrote:
What's not going well: Being stun-locked by mass projectiles.

That problem stopped for me once I got disorienting display. The radius on the blind appears to be massive so when I move towards the next packs they tend to be already blinded.
"
Altoga wrote:

i see lots and lots of folks having mana issues.
so let me gift you all what the creator of the hollow physical build told us to do:

this little flask solves all mana issues at the reasonable price of one flask spot.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Hi there,

enjoying the build but feeling extreme squishy at lvl 90 with 5K life.

Can someone take a look at my POB Pastebin and have some tips?`

https://pastebin.com/nALrFWnL

I cannot even kill Fenumus to get Aspect on my ring! :)
Hey, which annointment do you recommend?
"
Tranqui1975 wrote:
Hi there,

enjoying the build but feeling extreme squishy at lvl 90 with 5K life.

Can someone take a look at my POB Pastebin and have some tips?`

https://pastebin.com/nALrFWnL

I cannot even kill Fenumus to get Aspect on my ring! :)

- change anoint

- take out Weathered Hunter, you dont need it anymore

- move your cluster jewel to the socket near Acrobatics to save 1 point

- put the 4 points you have into life

- you can also take the 3 points out of Forces of Nature if desired

those together will get you a few hundred HP, then try to push dex higher as it turns into life through the boots.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info