[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
Velyna wrote:
I think most people hit 4R2G then vorici bench it.

I'm new to the game, running this build and loving it -- I'm curious what exactly vorici benching it means in this context though. I've got a 4R2G Wildwrap and ran across this comment so don't want to keep chroma'ing it if theres a way to manually do this
on the syndicate, if you get vorici in research, he gives the option to convert 1-3 sockets to white. if you have 4R2G, you hope one of the green turns white.

but if haven't completed everything else, replace one of the support skills with hypothermia and you should be fine.
"
jubbstv wrote:
I'm new to the game, running this build and loving it -- I'm curious what exactly vorici benching it means in this context though. I've got a 4R2G Wildwrap and ran across this comment so don't want to keep chroma'ing it if theres a way to manually do this

It's a syndicate thing like Mum_Chamber said, put vorici in research then rank him up far as you can and run safehouse.
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Has anyone tried this out of Pathfinder? Damage would be lower during maps but I feel maybe more consistent during bosses with no adds?

I'm trying it and making some minor alterations, such as going with hardened scars anoint and swapping fortify with hypothermia.

Just curious if anyone else has done this, looking for more ideas on a pathfinder variant.
Hey,

I have a question regarding the brutal restraint timeless jewel. How in the world are you supposed to get the "in the akhara of Deshret" version.

I have used like 20 divine orbs already and it seems like this thing doesn't even exist. Am I missing something here? Did I throw away all my currency on this for nothing?

Even on PoE trade there is NOT A SINGLE ONE with "in the akhara of Deshret". All there is is Balbala, Asenath, and Nasima. Which one am I supposed to get?!

Please, somebody enlighten me, I am lost.

Thanks in advance!
"
Shigesato wrote:
Hey,

I have a question regarding the brutal restraint timeless jewel. How in the world are you supposed to get the "in the akhara of Deshret" version.

I have used like 20 divine orbs already and it seems like this thing doesn't even exist. Am I missing something here? Did I throw away all my currency on this for nothing?

Even on PoE trade there is NOT A SINGLE ONE with "in the akhara of Deshret". All there is is Balbala, Asenath, and Nasima. Which one am I supposed to get?!

Please, somebody enlighten me, I am lost.

Thanks in advance!

The name on the jewel doesn't matter, any brutal restraint works. Added this question to the FAQ and will change the PoB to help clear any confusion. Sorry about your divines :(
https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Let me start by saying that I love this build. I've been having a blast with it and it's added a new style / flavor to Path of Exile that I haven't really embarked upon before. It's incredibly neat to run with no weapons and gloves - it feels hyper unique as a build in that capacity especially once we start utilizing the other uniques involved.

I'm worried about the longevity of it. I'm at the point where I can clear most maps without a problem - so perhaps my answer is just "farm more you pleb." However, I've found:

- Bosses to give me a little difficulty more than most other builds. I'm probably doing something wrong, though.

- The cost of getting maxed resistances is nuts.

- The 5R on the chest is just -awful- and so heavily RNG based. Keep in mind I'm a filthy casual, so I'll probably never end up seeing my chest get 5R'd, but it would be nice to know how difficult this is ahead of time.

- I've no idea how possible in a new league it is to get some of corruptions that exist in your build. Each time I think about it my head spins. Boots and belt might be the easiest, but some of these others - holy moly. Showcasing a 6 link white dex chest makes me cry. Same with some of the other items you have that are just insane.

- My upgrade paths are basically now around an exalt or several.

- The difference in damage between the league start and getting hollow palm should really be noted as early as possible. I cannot believe the change in pure damage. I was struggling with T1s as the frost blade build. I instantly started destroying T10 maps once I went hollow. Other league starts might be better for true league beginnings and building a new character into this once currency starts coming in.

I suppose, again, the answer is "keep playing, pleb" when it comes to the necessary exalteds and upgrade paths. I don't foresee getting many upgrades in the short term.
Loving the build so far. I added in the rampage axe on weapon swap for some extra fun. zoom zoom.
Also, to anyone playing, Brutal Restraint is an absolutely insane DPS increase. I jumped to something like 45k and it will probably end up at like a 70k increase when it's all said and done.

Edit: to clarify, I mean just from that gem. It looks like it actually rose me up to around 100k+ dps. I have another easy 5% dex to unlock so I expect even more. I'm at around 435k resting dps. I've no idea what the actual damage value is. It seems impossible to truly calculate.
Last edited by funkylordwedge on Sep 28, 2020, 4:48:38 PM
The POB link is working for me, is anyone else having this issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info