[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
zzang wrote:
"
ImbaGaijiin wrote:
hey, can this build be done with scion ascendant? tweaking your POB, i found that scion inquisitor+necro do more damage than pure necro

Nope, this specific build is necro only as we need all 3 Ascendancy Key Nodes for this build.

- Essence Glutton: essential for mana recovery
- Corpse Pact: 200% increased attack speed to hit all those nice triggers plus chill and shock enemies
- Mistress of Sacrifice: block/spell block from Bone offering

Not possible with Scion.

"
swaes wrote:
Hey, thanks for the reply. This builds seem very interesting. Can you perhaps make a leveling guide? I only really played cyclone but since that's getting fucked I might as well try out this build.

Someone posted a life tree at page 38 i think. I lost a bit track since requests exploded today.

Oh, that would help as well, but I was mainly asking for a leveling guide involving skill gems during acts. I'm only familiar with cyclone-related gems.
Hey OP,

If you have some spare time, do you have some leveling versions of the build? Wondering what the most important skill tree pickups are for starting
Hello,

I like the build, is it also playable as a league starter?
are you 100% sure it's not better to run the cdr enchant and only run vd?
Hi, can you give priorities to the cluster jewel notables to have please?
Leveling: Decide how you want to level till 24. I went for Summon raging spirit, so I picked up all those +minion damage nodes on the passive tree early.

At level 24:

Socket volatile dead+spellslinger+Concentrated Effect and Elemental Focus.
Socket Desecrate+Spellslinger+Spell Cascade.

Since your damage is scaling from volatile dead=more damage the higher content you clear, you are fine damage wise. Once you can reserve the additional mana for DD, add it to your spellslinger link.

Use Barrage(active skill. keep it at lvl 1 for low mana cost)+Multiple Projectiles+Lifegain on hit+combustion to trigger you spellslinger skills while gaining tons of life.

Now pick up all life nodes you can get. VD alone is more than enough damage to play through story, if you add DD it gets absurd. Barrage+GMP+life on hit will sustain you through all content. Picking up life nodes will save you from oneshots.

If you want reserve less mana, go for poets pen. Also makes smooth leveling if you get it on lvl 12, since you can just level with barrage+whatever till 24. You can't trigger VD and DD at the same time with it, but, as I said, VD is more than enough to delete story.

Imho go for corpse pact first, don't bother to do labs before you can complete cruel lab.

You can facetank the whole story and lower maps. Do some maps, get some currency, then respec into ES, setup like this guide tells you and complete remaining labs.
Last edited by Firnblut on Jun 17, 2020, 4:35:33 PM
This is a tree I copied for levelling POB for starting with Life. No Skills added just tree. All credit goes to Gucci Pradas, 3rd in SSF China Race.

https://pastebin.com/HywJuXJe
Last edited by ArisFuser on Jun 17, 2020, 5:01:49 PM
"
ArisFuser wrote:
This is a tree I copied for levelling POB for starting with Life. No Skills added just tree. All credit goes to Gucci Pradas, 3rd in SSF China Race.

https://pastebin.com/HywJuXJe

Is this the passive tree he ran?
Yes.
"
bskgrg2 wrote:
are you 100% sure it's not better to run the cdr enchant and only run vd?

Yes, 100% sure for league character that have no access to old Circle of Anguish ring values. Detonate Dead will double the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info