[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

I'm testing out transcendence (new keystone) to see how much I can mitigate incoming damage for the purpose of deep delving without going zhp, so far it's been good. My character isn't optimized yet but I should fully shift all damage taken to elemental/chaos so I receive no physical damage. I'm also using nature's patience but will likely drop it once incoming damage is too much to face tank.

I expect most of the damage I receive is chaos damage, all the elements should be mitigated heavily despite the 71% ele res.

I'm looking for more ideas to mitigate damage further if anyone has ideas. Some things I've considered:
- loreweave (it sucks)
- switching from immortal call to molten shell (if I do I'll also invest less in endurance charges) because immortal call doesn't reduce my chaos damage taken
- elusive boots
- max chaos res quiver
- switch chest from phys taken as cold to fire instead. Currently I receive ~40% phys as cold and only 12% for fire. It makes sense to spread ele damage evenly so I get the most out of my armour. Taste of hate helps reduce the 40% but I think switching is more efficient.
I'm looking for some advice on how to improve my current bow:

It looks like I could easily remove the crit multi and/or accuracy with Harvest crafts, but I'm not sure what I should be aiming to replace them with.
Hey there,
Thanks for the thorough build guide and for the time you put into this!

I started to level up a char the last few days and it's really enjoyable, I have a question tho: Do you use Enduring Cry regularly during mapping or just pop it when you arrive to the boss?
My other character is an Earthshatter Jugg, with all the new Warcry nodes and Enduring Cry just feels so slow and clunky without all the speed compared to that.

Are there any reason to not use Urgent Orders support, besides the obvious lack of gem spaces?
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hey WolfieNA

Just wanna say you have a great guide! And not only that, you really take time and care in answering many questions in the thread. Good job!

Can I ask you two more questions?

1) I still feel like I struggle with single target. I have read your other responses on how to improve that e.g. 2 arrows, skitterbots, put boss in middle of 2 arrows etc but sometimes feel really slow killing.
I am considering your other suggested setup which is barrage poison and SA with mirage. What would be the way to maximise the barrage poison damage? what are the gem links u suggest?

2) Similar to first question, is it possible to even replace SA with another skill like toxic rain? I will be honest and say I have tried playing SA all league but my wrist hurts holding my mouse button down to channel lol.
But I note your build has excellent setup for defense i.e. endurance charge generation from cluster jewels plus flask setup with fortify.

I would suggest following combination of a Barrage with poison setup:

1) Single target: Barrage with poison (on -mana chest):
+ Barrage (21/20)
+ Withering Touch (20/20)
+ Awakened Added Chaos Damage (2/20)
+ Awakened Unbound Ailement (2/20)
+ Vile Toxin (21/20), or GMP (20/20)
+ Awakened Deadly Ailment (2/20)

GMP offers higher DPS at the expense of mana spent.

Preferred mods on:
+ Bow: +1 arrow (+2 is best but hard to get), T1/2 attack speed, mandatory 4 mods as discussed in the OP.
+ Quiver: DoT multi, chaos DoT multi, then +1 arrow (not easy to have both +1 arrow and DoT multi, so if you get to choose, pick DoT multi).
  • If you want to optimize your DPS, you can craft a chest with Enduring Composure + -mana (Warlord base) and +crit chance to attack (Elder base)

Alternatively, you can take a look at my Barrage poison setup in my profile in poe.ninja (this is one of the variants of my SA build in Delirium league). This Barrage setup uses Awakened GMP, which is BIS but pricey and may cause you mana issue.

2) Clear: Caustic Arrow or Rain of Arrow

Caustic Arrow: chaos DoT
+ Caustic Arrow (21/0)
+ Awakened Swift Affliction (2/20)
+ Awakened Vicious Projectiles (2/20)
+ Awakened Void Minipulation (2/20)
+ Arrow Nova (20/20) or GMP (20/20)
+ Mirage Archer (20/20)

Rain of Arrow: poison
+ RoA (21/20) or Vaal RoA (21/0)
+ Awakened Added Chaos Damage (2/20)
+ Awakened Unbound Ailment (2/20)
+ Vile Toxin (21/20)
+ Awakened Deadly Ailment (2/20)
+ Mirage Archer (20/20)

3) Other notes:
+ With either setup, you need to take a mana leech node.
+ Take King of The Hill branch for further DPS. With a fast APS like Barrage, you can expect to crit more frequently.
+ You can consider craft Elusive on crit on your boot.
+ Having a Bottled Faith will increase your DPS quite a lot.
+ You will not ignite, i.e. not proccing the Cinderswallow's flame effect, unless you have +flat fire damage somewhere on your gear.

4) Advanced Crafting:
+ We can craft a chest with : +crit chance to attack (Elder base) and Enduring Composure (warlord base).
+ Instead of crafting +chance to gain frenzy charge on hit on chest (Redeemer base), we craft +chance to gain frenzy charge when hitting rare/unique boss on quiver.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 9, 2020, 6:56:38 AM
"
sirdond wrote:
Hey there,
Thanks for the thorough build guide and for the time you put into this!

I started to level up a char the last few days and it's really enjoyable, I have a question tho: Do you use Enduring Cry regularly during mapping or just pop it when you arrive to the boss?
My other character is an Earthshatter Jugg, with all the new Warcry nodes and Enduring Cry just feels so slow and clunky without all the speed compared to that.

I don't pop Enduring cry that often when mapping. I just use it to have max charges before a boss fight, or when I ran out of flask or being overwhelmed.

"

Are there any reason to not use Urgent Orders support, besides the obvious lack of gem spaces?

I am experimenting the pro vs con between Urgen Order support and Increased Duration support. So far, I like the former better although the latter helps increase the warcry's duration quite a bit to 4.5sec.
--
Thanks for the quick reply!
Just wanna say that I'm enjoying this build thoroughly!! A8 Sirus was done deathless without +1 arrow. I feel so tanky even though my gear isn't optimized at all.

Oh my goodness, what a detailed answer - thank you!!!

really keen to give caustic arrow a try actually now that you mention it :)

how did you find barrage setup compared to blastrain/SA in terms of dps?
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Oh my goodness, what a detailed answer - thank you!!!

really keen to give caustic arrow a try actually now that you mention it :)

how did you find barrage setup compared to blastrain/SA in terms of dps?

Poison Barrage + Grasping Vines vs Shaper (Delirium league)

Not too bad, I think.

--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 9, 2020, 11:10:12 AM
Well, I came a long way after posting the first time in this thread. Thanks Wolfie for the awesome build - I still really enjoy playing it. After getting familiar with SA and improving my gear the single target also worked out.

Sadly my chest bricked after I got dex as suffix and annul hit the endurance charge mod... And still no augment life mod from my harvest :(

Next I want to craft my quiver. Just need to buy the awakener orb.

Today i got a

Should I sell it to further optimize my gear or is it too good to pass on? PoB adds about 300k DPS which is quite alot.

My current gear for reference:
Last edited by Restoron on Jul 9, 2020, 3:44:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info