[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Hello! I've got a question about this build.

I have never played as ranger builds, but this one seems pretty interesting and what I like from description is about being tanky. I was thinking between Toxic Rain Pathfinder and this build.
I was playing as minion and melee builds mostly, but I found minions boring and for a melee part I just tired of dying without any reason.

My question is this build is noob friendly? I have zero experience on ranged builds. I'm sitting on a budget of 12 ex and 300c~

Thanks in advance!
"
anthouwgame wrote:

I have never played as ranger builds, but this one seems pretty interesting and what I like from description is about being tanky. I was thinking between Toxic Rain Pathfinder and this build.
I was playing as minion and melee builds mostly, but I found minions boring and for a melee part I just tired of dying without any reason.

My question is this build is noob friendly? I have zero experience on ranged builds. I'm sitting on a budget of 12 ex and 300c~

Thanks in advance!

This is a good first range build. The tankyness leaves room for more mistakes than most. With your budget you should be able to clear T16s quite easy if you invest it in smart places and dont start chasing end-game gear too early.

Make sure you get a decent bow (6-link not required), can get decent ones for 1-2ex.

Get a helm dex/str helm with scourge arrow enchant, it makes the attack so much smoother.

Get a decent armor 6link armor with either warlords and open suffix (and augment attack on it), or one with -15 mana cost to socketed attacks. (really the first luxery item, but its so cheap now)

Get some decent flasks (hybrid of foreboding is necessary, armor/evasion flask with the right mods is very nice, the rest is slotted after preference)

Get the recommended cluster jewels. Enduring composure is a must have more or less.

The above shouldnt cost more than 8ex, balance out resist on the rest of the gear, mainly on belt, boots and jewels.

The rest of you budget you can put on Auls uprising for an extra aura (make sure to annoint hardened scars), fenemus weave for aspect of the spider and some dmg, half decent circle of nostalgia (try to get 1 good implicit and one decent). Or some other luxery items :)

What ive really enjoyed personally with this build is that it requires very little to be strong, but after that you can easily upgrade one piece at a time to add some extra tankyness and smoothness to clearing. Dont try and facetank everything with minimum gear though.
"
thegreekgod wrote:
"
anthouwgame wrote:

Thanks in advance!

This is a good first range build. The tankyness leaves room for more mistakes than most. With your budget you should be able to clear T16s quite easy if you invest it in smart places and dont start chasing end-game gear too early.

Make sure you get a decent bow (6-link not required), can get decent ones for 1-2ex.

Get a helm dex/str helm with scourge arrow enchant, it makes the attack so much smoother.

Get a decent armor 6link armor with either warlords and open suffix (and augment attack on it), or one with -15 mana cost to socketed attacks. (really the first luxery item, but its so cheap now)

Get some decent flasks (hybrid of foreboding is necessary, armor/evasion flask with the right mods is very nice, the rest is slotted after preference)

Get the recommended cluster jewels. Enduring composure is a must have more or less.

The above shouldnt cost more than 8ex, balance out resist on the rest of the gear, mainly on belt, boots and jewels.

The rest of you budget you can put on Auls uprising for an extra aura (make sure to annoint hardened scars), fenemus weave for aspect of the spider and some dmg, half decent circle of nostalgia (try to get 1 good implicit and one decent). Or some other luxery items :)

What ive really enjoyed personally with this build is that it requires very little to be strong, but after that you can easily upgrade one piece at a time to add some extra tankyness and smoothness to clearing. Dont try and facetank everything with minimum gear though.

Thanks a lot for extended answer! I'm already leveling my ranger and going to use your advices for gear building. As for a bow should I use Voltaxic Rift first?
I just tested transendance, and it seems really nice so far. And the suggestions you spoke of on last page seems quite interesting (using WE with purity). However my HP pool has become quite low (around 4.7k). I was thinking of perhaps either working hard on stacking more HP, or to try and get nostalgia & boots with +1 max endurance charge to get total of 6 for some decent phys reduction. Is that maybe unneccessary with so much phys to elemental convertion?

Would appreciate a look through my gear/profile if someone got the time for some advice on things to work on.
"

Thanks a lot for extended answer! I'm already leveling my ranger and going to use your advices for gear building. As for a bow should I use Voltaxic Rift first?

Thegreekgod has given excellent advice. As Darkscorn is pretty cheap, I'd start with it instead.

@thegreekgod: it'd be great to have more life. I'll have a look at your profile when I have a chance.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
For the Determination build, if I don't have endurance charge generate on Body armor i should drop stalwart commander small cluster and get Enduring composure instead?
"
ssampiseth wrote:
For the Determination build, if I don't have endurance charge generate on Body armor i should drop stalwart commander small cluster and get Enduring composure instead?

yes
@theGreekGod: some upgrades you could look forward to:
+ Hit chance (at least 95%, good: +97%). There're some flat acc rating you can have on: searching eye jewel, ring.
+ Viridian jewels: try to have at least 2 mods: %life, 7% AS for bow.
+ Body chest: craft +120% fortify effect (focus) and augment life (hopefully you'll get what you want).
+ You're over-capping your resist, esp. cold(+155%). I'm myself using Dying Sun (-9% charge used) to cap my fire resist.
+ Quiver: (not immediately mandatory) get a new one, either +25% chaos dot multi and +1 arrow (no dying sun), or +25% chaos dot multi and +18% dot multi (dying sun). Two-point quiver base can be useful in terms of accuracy.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Feb 15, 2021, 2:21:18 PM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
@theGreekGod: some upgrades you could look forward to:
+ Hit chance (at least 95%, good: +97%). There're some flat acc rating you can have on: searching eye jewel, ring.
+ Viridian jewels: try to have at least 2 mods: %life, 7% AS for bow.
+ Body chest: craft +120% fortify effect (focus) and augment life (hopefully you'll get what you want).
+ You're over-capping your resist, esp. cold(+155%). I'm myself using Dying Sun (-9% charge used) to cap my fire resist.
+ Quiver: (not immediately mandatory) get a new one, either +25% chaos dot multi and +1 arrow (no dying sun), or +25% chaos dot multi and +18% dot multi (dying sun). Two-point quiver base can be useful in terms of accuracy.

Thanks! I might have underestimated the use of accuracy over 90% and the jewels. Been saving up for some remove/aug life for the armor so that I can hopefully stay at a t3+ roll for a bit :) Also been trying to swap out resist on stuff for chaos res lately, feels like its the only thing that hurts badly atm.
What're the advantages/disadvantages of this version versus using divine flesh?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info