[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Kayeo wrote:
"
sirdond wrote:
Hey,

Anyone doing red maps, how is Scourge Arrow doing in the Ritual content? Is it good enough in the closed areas? I know it's really good for mapping and bossing, but what about Ritual?

I'm not up to red maps yet (haven't had the time) but it feels really nice! When the pods explode it really easily clears the full screen, and mobs are literally just running at you, you can sit there tanking them and just spam SA. Survivability is a really big thing this league so this build is amazing.

Thanks, I just respecced, I know this build is good, just wasn't sure about ritual. :)
I'm doing rituals in t16 - no problems at all. In fact, you can basically shoot 3 arrows, and afk because of poison spread if you really want.
Figured I'd post a little bit of a league start update, information to provide, etc.

So for the leveling process, a post here that said to use TR/Mirage/faster attacks and ballista / cold / faster attacks. This worked beautifully for initial leveling. I ran despair as a manual cast for bossing, and it worked extremely well, highly recommend a spot on despair until you get it on a ring

Once I hit higher levels, the first two things I really purchased after voltaxic rift were 1: an enduring composure cluster (although enduring cry also works i guess) with immortal call setup 2: a talisman with hardened scars on it. Theyre incredibly cheap and a fantastic way to get the defenses rolling with the build

I progressed extremely well to about t14 or so baran (4 watchstone) at which point the struggle felt real, and I had to start really investing in gear (I mean I was wearing like level 30 junk so not really surprised)

Flasks: I carry 7 on me
1)foreboding hallowed hybrid flask, a quicksilver, basalt, cinderswallow, mana (til I get -mana chest) with an overflowing chalice and coralitos for boss fights / no trash fights (think elderslayers, maven fights, etc)

Additional arrow is a scam priority - it's nice but one of the last upgrades I'll look for- something I learned last league from wolfie himself that contradicts what the guide would have you believe:
The guide shows a 5 stage SA without + arrows and with + arrows, which encircles the monster you're fighting. What the guide also mentions is that helm enchant is one of the best upgrades for the build. What the guide didn't make abundantly clear was that once you have helm enchant, 1 stage SA is your highest DPS potential, and you rarely use 5(maybe to charge up infused channeling)
It's very easy to hit a boss with the 2 pods on a 1 stage SA regardless of the amount of + arrows you have.

My upgrade priority:
0)This is the pre-endgame gearing phase. Voltaxic rift, duskblight, hardened scars, despair manual cast, 5/6 links (corrupted or non), proper flasks

1) make sure I have endurance charges, hardened scars, foreboding hybrid flask
2) Helm enchant
3) Elder bow (my bow was a 130% damage increase over my voltaxic rift...insane) - keep in mind with harvest crafting, this got a lot easier. My bow rolled with attack speed, acc, poison chance/hit and 60% poison double damage, which meant chaos aug was 100% adds #-# chaos damage.
4) life, life and more life :)
"
Slottm wrote:
Figured I'd post a little bit of a league start update, information to provide, etc.

So for the leveling process, a post here that said to use TR/Mirage/faster attacks and ballista / cold / faster attacks. This worked beautifully for initial leveling. I ran despair as a manual cast for bossing, and it worked extremely well, highly recommend a spot on despair until you get it on a ring

Once I hit higher levels, the first two things I really purchased after voltaxic rift were 1: an enduring composure cluster (although enduring cry also works i guess) with immortal call setup 2: a talisman with hardened scars on it. Theyre incredibly cheap and a fantastic way to get the defenses rolling with the build

I progressed extremely well to about t14 or so baran (4 watchstone) at which point the struggle felt real, and I had to start really investing in gear (I mean I was wearing like level 30 junk so not really surprised)

1)foreboding hallowed hybrid flask, a quicksilver, basalt, cinderswallow, mana (til I get -mana chest) with an overflowing chalice and coralitos for boss fights / no trash fights (think elderslayers, maven fights, etc)

Additional arrow is a scam priority - it's nice but one of the last upgrades I'll look for- something I learned last league from wolfie himself that contradicts what the guide would have you believe:
The guide shows a 5 stage SA without + arrows and with + arrows, which encircles the monster you're fighting. What the guide also mentions is that helm enchant is one of the best upgrades for the build. What the guide didn't make abundantly clear was that once you have helm enchant, 1 stage SA is your highest DPS potential, and you rarely use 5(maybe to charge up infused channeling)
It's very easy to hit a boss with the 2 pods on a 1 stage SA regardless of the amount of + arrows you have.

My upgrade priority:
0)This is the pre-endgame gearing phase. Voltaxic rift, duskblight, hardened scars, despair manual cast, 5/6 links (corrupted or non), proper flasks

2) Helm enchant
3) Elder bow (my bow was a 130% damage increase over my voltaxic rift...insane) - keep in mind with harvest crafting, this got a lot easier. My bow rolled with attack speed, acc, poison chance/hit and 60% poison double damage, which meant chaos aug was 100% adds #-# chaos damage.

Thanks for sharing this! I m currently 86lvl, trash gear and t11 are bit struggle.

I kinda hate the idea of switching flask, what you think of Taste of Hate, Dying Sung, Vintkar, Hybrid, Cinderswallow combo/Quicksilver?
Are cluster jewel as 1st buy good option?
Also, I don't get the infused channeling, I m always never triggering it, especially on bosses, you get 5 pods faster than the channeling and feels like not worth doing it. Any tips for this?
Yes, buy a 23 quality one. It reduces the channeling time by a nice amount =)

Honestly I dont like the flask choices of vinktar, taste of hate (could be diff with armor stacking version) and you absolutely need an overflowing chalice for boss fights like sirus (I mean i guess you don't, but it makes it much easier) and the DPS boost on coralitos for long fights is more than any other flask. Only reason we don't use it for general mapping is that it makes trash die slower. Quicksilver also becomes worthless here. When I'm talking about bossing, I really mean boss fights like uber atziri, sirus, maybe elder slayer, shaper/elder, etc. But if you don't want to swap them, your call.

Yes, clusters are a safe bet as they will be in your build the whole time
"
2: a talisman with hardened scars on it. Theyre incredibly cheap and a fantastic way to get the defenses rolling with the build

How did u get it?Cant filter enchant on trade.
"
konop88 wrote:
"
2: a talisman with hardened scars on it. Theyre incredibly cheap and a fantastic way to get the defenses rolling with the build

How did u get it?Cant filter enchant on trade.

enchant allocates #

"
Slottm wrote:

My upgrade priority:

2) Helm enchant

Thanks Slottm, you are an incredible help. I know personally the help you gave me last league and this advice really helps to bridge the gap between Wolfie's endgame info and actually starting out as this build. Sometimes it can be really confusing but it's great to have someone so helpful.
Could someone help me with next build progression? im having issues with single target dps. im swapping quicksilver for coralito right now but even then it takes forever to kill something. I feel like the only thing i can improve on is the bow and the last medium cluster jewel. I have about 3 ex to spare.

Also is there somewhere written how to craft the bow? (what ilvl or how to abuse harvest crafting if possible)
Last edited by Ovdovovac on Jan 19, 2021, 4:08:54 PM
"
Ovdovovac wrote:
Could someone help me with next build progression? im having issues with single target dps. im swapping quicksilver for coralito right now but even then it takes forever to kill something. I feel like the only thing i can improve on is the bow and the last medium cluster jewel. I have about 3 ex to spare.

Also is there somewhere written how to craft the bow? (what ilvl or how to abuse harvest crafting if possible)

There's crafting advice on the first page. Corroded, metallic and abberant fossils on an i83+ elder thicket bow. This bow cost me about 1ex.
Last edited by Kayeo on Jan 19, 2021, 4:11:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info