[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
aurican65 wrote:
Hey Wolfie and fellow SA pathfinder fans, just sharing my SA pathfinder build deviation I made back in Harvest league. I just recently tested tanking an uber atziri double flameblast (with no build modifications) and felt like sharing it.

To verify I actually tanked both hits and didn't dodge I tested tanking a single hit, then both. One hit reduces molten shell to about 5k from 10k, and chunks about 2k ES. Both hits together nearly kills me, leaving my ES pool at 1k, and molten shell completely destroyed.

Here's the flameblast tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdyUrMcMpN8
Here's a build overview, if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tk1Ke2Fiw8

The youtube video is private >_<
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
I'm very interested playing this build in the coming new league. I tried but I didn't find most updated PoB link in the "Path of Building" section. is there no change on passive tree in 3.13? thank you.

https://poeplanner.com/

Am thinkin of starting TR with assasin
-Noxious strike
-Toxic delivery
-Mistwalker
-Opportunistic

:>
Hi:)
I just created this account to give a big Thank You! for the build-guide Wolfie, and to all the others contributing to the discussions here.
I played the SA-variant in Heist from leaguestart till T16 100% maps, thoroughly enjoyed it, and it felt quite powerful to me.
Will definitely also be playing it in Ritual:)

Also, I wanted to ask what you find to be the better build with regards to endgame-scaling (T16+ 100% Delirium maps, 100Ex+ investment): The Barrage-build or the SA-Build?

@Slottm Maybe you could also give me your opinion since you tried them both?
"
Heck - I got to test my heist SA build out against his barrage build yesterday which was really cool to see.

"

@Slottm Maybe you could also give me your opinion since you tried them both?

Just a clarification, I didn't try both - I was playing with Wolfie

Wolfie was far far tankier (note - his gear is standard, mine is untouched from Heist league, about 2.5 months ago and was acrobatics dodge based)

SA seemed to clear trash quite a bit faster. Wasn't able to really check how bosses went. I'm curious if barrage just has longer ramp time, or if SA damage is just that good.

I definitely died more than him and wasn't able to live through t18 delirium nearly as well as he did, but I did hold my own. He was able to facetank while I had to kite around quite a bit.
Last edited by Slottm on Jan 14, 2021, 1:20:01 PM
Yo, just hop in to give some quick answer during lunch break.

"
Acasta7 wrote:
Also, I wanted to ask what you find to be the better build with regards to endgame-scaling (T16+ 100% Delirium maps, 100Ex+ investment): The Barrage-build or the SA-Build?

Either would work. I would go with Barrage on the main 6-link (with withering touch) and SA/MiA on the other. Paired with Golden Rule to increase the mapping efficiency. Try with different combination to see what fits you most. SA is superior in terms of clear while BarrageVF offers less clear speed but is more resilient thanks to massive life gain on hit (i.e. instant leech).

"
Slottm wrote:
I'm curious if barrage just has longer ramp time, or if SA damage is just that good.

It was due to a combination of things. :P Yesterday I bricked my elder quiver (chance to gain frenzy charge). The new one left me at 30% lightning resist, so I gotta resort to using another non-Elder quiver (so no frenzy from quiver). As I use Snakebite to cap my chance to poison with frenzy charges, I need to use Blood rage to gain frenzy charges from kill mobs. As long as I stand still at one point for too long or fighting a boss with no mobs, my DPS is significantly reduced. In addition, the fact that I forgot Withering touch also made my Dps plummet.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Thanks a lot Stringtheory (Tarn).

I really appreciate your input. Hope to hear more from you and the community regarding the tips for league start.

"
Stringtheory wrote:
I have now leveled this build to 60, 7 times, for 3.13 practice. I want to share my experiences with everyone for league start. Hopefully this helps you all as well. There are a few things you will want to do that are extremely important early on:

1) Fast attack speed bow (1.45APS+) & faster attacks support are important for toxic rain (TR) which i suggest you use all through leveling. If you get a quill rain, it will carry you to 60+ and you can drop faster attacks. Early links will be TR/faster attacks/mirage archer. Swap out faster attacks for vicious projectiles if you get a Quill rain.

2) Flat chaos damage (6 transmute bench craft in A3/A4 cant recall) is freaking important to have on rings and quiver. It will literally double your damage.

3) True single target is too weak with just TR early on, you need to use some support here. I highly recommend Shrapnel Ballista to start (it shotguns, great support for offense and defense). Support it with added cold & faster attacks. You will want to level a "Ballista Totem Support" (BTS) and in A3 when you get "Blast Rain" (BR) swap over to the this with BTS/BR/Lesser Multiple Projectils/Withering Touch. This combination will absolutely destroy and is getting massively buffed in 3.13.

4) Despair curse is your friend against single targets.

5) Run "Purity of Elements", "Herald of Ice" (easier early on due to only dex requirement), and "Herald of Agony" (HoA) as your auras. Do not use support gems on HoA.

6) Smoke Mine (if you are good with mines) & Flame Dash (from A3 Siosa) will make you freaking fly through all content. Just dont go so fast that you are underleveled (aka 4+ levels below monster level)

Thats all I can contribute for now. I would just like to thank Wolfie for this build and all the work he has put into it. Does Wolfie have a discord or Twitch?

Good luck leveling all, I hope these experiences help you as well. It has REALLY made a big difference for me.

-Tarn
--
"
lordfiend wrote:
"
3) Warning: this build is not starter-friendly. I hope the community can step up and guide me on how to make this build easier to start the league with.

Hi Wolfie,

I am really interested in this build. Looking at your guide, it seems like you were able to League start with TR --> SA for previous league. But you mentioned here that this is not starter friendly. Did you mean that Barrage version is not starter friendly? or the SA version?

Thanks. :)

I realize I was just too conservative in my wording. What I should have said was the new Barrage build's league starting potential is not fully explored yet. :)

The SA variant is league-starter viable as many have done it in the last 2 leagues (Harvest + Heist).

"
greenrasp wrote:
Hi Wolfie, thanks for the new version, im looking forward to play it in the ritual league.
I have question regarding Volley Fire jewel. Correct me if im wrong, but it only benefits us if we gonna use barrage for clear right ?. For single target this jewel doesn't add anything because according to wiki:
"The extra projectiles are for clear speed; an enemy can only be hit once by a projectile fired on the first and final attacks." that means extra projectiles wont stack additional poisons.

Your understanding is correct (as usual), greenrasp. Volley Fire doesn't increase your DPS, but it makes your Barrage, which had been used mostly for single targets, clear quite well with pierce. BarrageVF clears mobs slower than SA (still fast) and kills bosses faster.

For optimization with the end-game content (deep delve, 100% deli), I would let the 2 clear skills (BarrageVF + SA/MiA) work at the same time. If I want to just fly through packs, I can either use BarrageVF or SA.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jan 14, 2021, 3:35:51 PM
"
Bethrezhen wrote:

Lastly, in the POB for the Toxic Rain, there is a Blast Rain setup. What is this for, exactly? I found a mention that it helps to knock-back mobs to help the channel of the SA, but if I use Toxic Rain, then I run more, so do I still need it or I can have some other link setup for more defence perhaps, or anything else useful that maybe you'll suggest? Or maybe a second damage setup, as I'm totally ok in using more than 1 skills for clearing and all, actually feel it's more fun.

Yo. Howdy.

The TR and SA share the same gears as they are both poison-based.

The 2nd Blast Rain is usually used for generating wither on the enemies with Withering Touch (30% chance with alt gem) beside Withering step and as a 2nd DPS dealer. Try the new Barrage variant if you like as well. 1st 6-link with Barrage and 2nd 6-link with either TR/MiArcher or SA/MiA.

The current crafting section is a hodgepodge since I keep updating new way to craft without clearing the old ones, which has been collecting dust since Delirium.
--
Thanks for the feedback, buddy. You just broke my heart (JJ)

The build is indeed a hodgepodge as I keep adding more and more stuffs to it without removing the old ones. I think I can clean it up once I have time. There is something I'd love to have your help:

1) Gearing section: prioritize gearing process: which one to get first, then what to upgrade, etc.

2) Pitfalls to watch out for as a new players and how to avoid.

3) League starting tips (yeah, the build's main pain point). :D

"
Slottm wrote:
Wolfie, please don't take this negatively: and to preface, I've had several chances over the last few months for Wolfie to help explain choices to me, go back and forth about various aspects and generally chat about various things. Wolfie is an awesome individual with a knack for finding, creating and building innovative new twists on builds, and creating extremely powerful builds. Wolfie however, is not so great at explaining the process to get there :) Heck - I got to test my heist SA build out against his barrage build yesterday which was really cool to see.

To the defense of the build: every time someone mentioned the build is a poor league start, terrible boss damage, etc...a look over their build 99/100 times showed they were completely ignoring all of the poison nodes, didn't understand the mechanics of the build, or were making blatantly wrong choices (empty jewel sockets, no mana flask, things that made no difference, no accuracy, etc)

The build guide itself is a hodgepodge of various posts, POB, current and outdated equipment - it is not a one stop clear concise page 1 guide to victory. As such, you really just need to sink your teeth in to find how the build works, what stats effect it, and build upon it yourself. This is a difficult premise for a lot of players, but if you do decide to embark on this journey, the results are well worth it. The SA build was definitely my most successful and powerful build to date
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jan 14, 2021, 5:00:20 PM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
Yo, just hop in to give some quick answer during lunch break.

Either would work. I would go with Barrage on the main 6-link (with withering touch) and SA/MiA on the other. Paired with Golden Rule to increase the mapping efficiency. Try with different combination to see what fits you most. SA is superior in terms of clear while BarrageVF offers less clear speed but is more resilient thanks to massive life gain on hit (i.e. instant leech).

Why The Golden Rule would increase map efficiency?

One more question, would you recomend go Vrift or normal build if ppl are playing the build for the first time?

Thx a lot for the awesome guide Wolfie, this gonna be my league start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info