[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Sorry for the Newb question - but how does Vessel of Vinktar give us more survivability with the 50% increased damage taken mod? I understand it mitigates a lot of lightning damage, but is that really worth the increased all damage taken?
"
blindorize wrote:
Sorry for the Newb question - but how does Vessel of Vinktar give us more survivability with the 50% increased damage taken mod? I understand it mitigates a lot of lightning damage, but is that really worth the increased all damage taken?

we're immune to ailments (shock) while flasked.
Was thinking of trying out this build again, played something similar a few leagues back. I rolled this bow while trying to get a starter one for this build. Is it worth keeping it as is, should I sell it and make a new one or would it be worth to anull off the resists to craft attack speed (probably not)-
The +1 gems sounds good but since the -mana cost on chest wont do anything it feels like a dead stat in this case. Any advice?
Last edited by Hovno on Oct 26, 2020, 1:15:44 PM
"
Hovno wrote:
Was thinking of trying out this build again, played something similar a few leagues back. I rolled this bow while trying to get a starter one for this build. Is it worth keeping it as is, should I sell it and make a new one or would it be worth to anull off the resists to craft attack speed (probably not)-
The +1 gems sounds good but since the -mana cost on chest wont do anything it feels like a dead stat in this case. Any advice?

Main issue with this bow for me is the lack of empty prefix for +40% chaos over time multi. You would need to hit 2 annuls (1 + to sockets and 1 for the resist), then craft and slam. I would take that bet before rerolling, you might get something insane.

imo, best in slot bow would be

T1 add chaos
100% more poison
empty prefix for 40% chaos multi

poison on hit (if you're not 100% poison on hit without this mod, otherwise 2 of the ones from the next line)
elder ASPD / normal aspd / culling strike / additional arrows
DoT Multi
"
Kidato wrote:
Hi Wolfie. Loving the build so far in 3.12. But I just tried my first mino with the build at about 6M DPS per spore arrow. But I did like 0DPS against him. Is this normal?

There are some tips on single-target DPS from other players who were in the same shoes as yours. These advices can be found in the OP. You can find mine there as well.

Additional notes on Minotaur fight: his area forms a narrow ring-like passage which potentially causes your arrows collide with the wall very often, and thus eliminating pods.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 26, 2020, 8:49:28 PM
Just want to share a video:

Tanking the double Empowered-Flameblast (Uber Atziri)
https://youtu.be/2Hf-N7d84mc

A single flameblast deals: 37,339 - 56,017 fire damage
A double-flameblast deals: 74,768 - 112,034 fire damage
(both penetrate 10% fire resist)

To mitigate the fire pen, I got to use Vaal impurity of fire. Dying Sun (30% less fire damage taken) should be enough but I was a little bit cautious, so I grabbed an Alchemist Ruby (35% less fire damage taken). I also drop the acrobatics/phase acrobatics to make sure I had no chance to dodge the blasts. As usual, my chest has the 120% fortify effect while Focus on chest.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
I've been playing some more on my SA str stacking version.
Tried some different skills, for example ditching blast rain combo, and applying wither via withering step alternate quality. You get lot of combo buffs from enhance+duration if you have free 6-link.
It is quite interesting.
Anomalous withering step at level 21 with 44 quality (from enhance) and 20/20 duration, and 20/20 second wind - has stats as follows:
Applies 11 wither stacks (7 base + 4 from quality) that last 6.1 second, and ability has cooldown of 2.33s. So this allows to apply wither instantly, and then again after 2s to 15 stacks. It combos well with eternal suffering node, so that enemies start with 5 stacks form hits. Works really well, thers no windup/delay as with blast rain or totems. Viable alternative.

Other skills to link with it, anomalous enduring cry, same links. We get 2 uses, 88% increased warcry speed, durtion 4s, cooldown down to 6.2s. We can use it a lot and it is very fast cast. with 4 endurance charges, during the duration we gain additional 8% physical reduction.

Smoke mine, 4 uses, duration over 10s (really nice qol), 29% movement speed, 22% attack/cast speed.

Other 4l with another enhance, quality from vitality gem grants 44% inc damage on full life, 22% from precision, and frenzy charges generation from blood rage,
Whats worth noting, mirage archer couldn't generate frenzy charges on bosses through blood rage, because it only works if you attack not mirage archer (he still can trigger charges on kill for you, the basic blood rage mechanic, but not the alt quality on hit one).

Another thing to take away from this is how powerful mirage archer is for main SA link. It provides still decent more multiplier (~36%), but to the way how SA works, that your dps is inflated because you never charge it perfectly to 5 stacks and release without delay, not to mention when you move. Mirage archer will always charge to max and shoot perfectly, so his real dps uptime is great. It really does feel good to have it, for clear, for safety while looting, and for bossing. It is something that shouldn't be dismissed easily, it is pretty big trade-off to sacrifice this link to use it for blast rain in my opinion.

Other things that I've tried, is to ditch mana reduction on chest, go for enduring flask (so sacrifice bunch of flask life replenish rate because this flask is weaker), but instead solve mana problem. I noticed that what was causing most issues for me, running delirium maps, as used to chaos build I was just vaaling them all and running regardless of mods. -max res mod was super dangerous, and lorewave complerely plays around it. Not to mention you get 3% extra max elemental res. It is amazing defensive option. No transcendence or any other conversion to elemental shenanigans, just lorewave alone works pretty well.

Final note, is to fit decoy totem. I tried using some random spells in my cwdt setup other than immortal call, but they didnt seem to be worth it. Self cast decoy totem trivializes lot of boss fights if you know how to use it. For example sirus fight, clone circle phase, you can control where he shoots, makes this really foolproof. Also speeds it up by directing storms as they spawn, so you don't have to wait for them to move, can proc next phase almost instantly. It is useful in many hard fight, hard to beat this much value you get out of 1 socket.
Last edited by aerial on Oct 28, 2020, 9:29:36 AM
Im thinking of making a poison blade vortex path finder and copy your defensive style, do you think it will work?
Last edited by Shogun348 on Oct 29, 2020, 2:23:40 AM
"
Im thinking of making a poison blade vortex path finder and copy your defensive style, do you think it will work?

If you are going with shield, there is always an option to use shield charge and not use hardened scars with amulet. It does feel better to not have to shield charge though, which is great quality of life.

I tried to switch to a wander from bow build, since tree is almost identical, you only need to respec that bow wheel near acrobatics.

Old build with same gear = 35m total dps SA.
Wander with power siphon, 6l with chain = 8m, 23m with barrage linked.
That is with okish wand and mistwall shield (so 0 damage). Makes build significantly tankier though because mistwall grants 75% block if not hit recently even with phase acro. Really makes difference if you just straight up add 75% phys block for first hit.

Build also loses some of the utility because no 2nd 6l.
Clear id say is better than with scourge arrow, because how power siphon + chain wrecks screens and applies more damage instantly. Chains also jump on targets behind corners, it has better coverege per shot, 1 shot clears huge area.
Single target, first of all requires gem swap to barrage, which by itself sucks, so vs map bosses you don't really wanna do that, mostly used vs bigger bosses. Single target feels bit worse than SA, but not by much, because of how easy it is to stack up barrage damage, vs maximizing timing of SA with chargeup mechanics.

Its pretty interesting take on str stacking variant of the build. When you see poe ninja, almost all poison wanders are assassins, which makes sense with all the synergies power siphon has with crit and power charges. But if you put it on pathfinder, and only use power siphon as tool to spread poison, ignore other features. I still get comparable dps to well geared assassins, and I get way more qol from flask uptime thanks to pathfinder.

Also what some ppl do is, use barrage with power siphon permanently (save it for bosses), and clear with 4L kinetic blast. Costs bunch of sockets, but considering how many times this skill overlaps on trash, and how much trash monsters are weaker than bosses, this makes lot of sense.
Hi,
First of all, thanks for the great build!
It has felt fantastic (up until now, will get there soon) and it is really fun to play.
It's my first SA-build, and I'm pleasently surprised with the skill.

I am now lvl 92, and have about 5-7 exalts to spare on upgrades.

The DPS is sufficient, and I know where I can upgrade that in the future.
My problem is survivability though. Which has me scratching my head since so many of you praise the survivability of the build.

My biggest survivability problem is heists. VERY often (1/3 or even 1/2 heists in Area 83) I get killed of something almost instant. I've lost so many items and drops to this :(

So now I'm turning to you, the experts. What am I missing in my current build when it comes to survivability?
There must be something I've missed, or overlooked.

Would appriciate your help alot!

Here's my PoB (don't know how to link my items and links, sorry)
https://pastebin.com/xaZYnypC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info