[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

I'm looking for a SSF- ... well, not friendly, but possible build for next league, and given that quite a lot of the gear on this one is crafted, I might just roll the dice on Harvest crafting being able to handle it. Fenumus' Weave and Circle of Nostalgia with the right rolls might make things complicated, but otherwise this is looking doable.

I enjoyed the last Scourge Arrow build I played and this one looks like it has the defenses to deal with Delirium etc. so I'm optimistic about this one.
Really nice build. I was playing SA couple leagues a go but as elemental variant rather than poison and it was great. I'm planning to give this one a go as a league starter for 3.11.

Got few questions regarding this build:

I'm not big fan of blast rain. I was thinking about using frenzy + barrage support, would that be much worse ? (that would also free us from using frenzy on chest)

In 3.11 there will be new gloves that basically give withering touch skill to all the attacks, do you think would those potentialy be good for this build ?
"
Bk老虎 wrote:
I'm looking for a SSF- ... well, not friendly, but possible build for next league, and given that quite a lot of the gear on this one is crafted, I might just roll the dice on Harvest crafting being able to handle it. Fenumus' Weave and Circle of Nostalgia with the right rolls might make things complicated, but otherwise this is looking doable.

I enjoyed the last Scourge Arrow build I played and this one looks like it has the defenses to deal with Delirium etc. so I'm optimistic about this one.

Yeah, this build can handle all contents available in the Delirium League.

For SSF, I think you can replace Fenumus' Weave by a rare gloves with +% Dot multiplier + resist + life + attack speed, and a rare ring with despair on hit + Aspect of the spider.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
greenrasp wrote:
Really nice build. I was playing SA couple leagues a go but as elemental variant rather than poison and it was great. I'm planning to give this one a go as a league starter for 3.11.

I'm not big fan of blast rain. I was thinking about using frenzy + barrage support, would that be much worse ? (that would also free us from using frenzy on chest)

In 3.11 there will be new gloves that basically give withering touch skill to all the attacks, do you think would those potentialy be good for this build ?

Thanks. Compared to the previous elemental variant, which has become obsolete, this build is much better defensively and has similar DPS.

Frenzy is a viable alternative. Another alternative, which has better DPS on paper, is Split Arrow with Chain for mapping and Barrage Support for single-target.

Some footage I have just recorded for you: Frenzy+ScourgeArrow and SplitArrow+ScourgeArrow.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 13, 2020, 1:39:42 PM
"
greenrasp wrote:

Missed the last part of your question, so came back to respond to it. :)

Yeah, I also think the new gloves would potentially fit into our build. I assume we can have 48% chance to inflict withered on hit, 25% from Withering touch gem + 23% from new gloves. Still need to wait for the patch note to make sure nothing breaks.

Also, the Wind Dancer keystone (previously timeless jewel keystone) will definitely be a great aid to our build.
--
Thanks for your response and for video, really appreciate it !

Hi, I'm deciding between this build or Remi's TR build and I might have a silly question regarding SA as I've never used it before. Do you not charge to 5 stacks? I was watching the walk-through video and I saw that only 2 spores were coming out. I assume it's due to the SA helm enchant, but until we obtain that are we just pressing the skill once for 1 pod at a time? Or are we at least doing a +1 charge?

Thank you.
Last edited by GenuineProdigy on Jun 14, 2020, 11:20:51 AM
"
Hi, I'm deciding between this build or Remi's TR build and I might have a silly question regarding SA as I've never used it before. Do you not charge to 5 stacks? I was watching the walk-through video and I saw that only 2 spores were coming out. I assume it's due to the SA helm enchant, but until we obtain that are we just pressing the skill once for 1 pod at a time? Or are we at least doing a +1 charge?

Thank you.

Hey there,

Scourge Arrow is a channeling skill, so it is a bit different from non-channeling attack skills like Toxic Rain, Tornado Shot, Ice Shot, etc. Every attack skills have their own pros and cons. It just takes a little time to get used to SA if you choose to go with it. FYI: this is the first league I played SA and I've achieved my first level 100 ever with it.

Speaking of channeling, at every stage, SA gains more damage with hits and ailment, i.e. poison, and more pod can be spammed. I only channel 5-stage against tough bosses. For mapping, I found 1-2 stages are enough if you have OK DPS (should you follow this build, you'd likely have no problem with that).

The number of pods planted on the ground depends on the channeling time or the "stage". With faster attack speed, you gain "stage" faster. Let's say you gain one-stage every 0.5sec --> you can spam 2 pods when you release SA after channeling for 1 sec. If you have the helm enchant, you can have an additional pod, which is 3 pods every 1 sec. If you don't have the helm enchant, just take an additional 0.5sec to spam 3 pods. Therefore, the helm enchant is only important in the end-game when you want to min-max and squeeze any DPS juice. Otherwise, I don't think you'd need to worry all too much about the helm enchant. In addition, I expect the supply for helm enchant will be abundant when the league matures.

Hope it would clear things out.
--
Update 2020/06/14:

DELIRIUM: END OF LEAGUE REMARK

• This is the first time I've reached to level 100 (with this build) and regularly played the whole league.
  • The build has accomplished all end-game challenges in Delirium league such as 100% Delirious T18 juice map, Sirus A8, Uber Elder, etc. Except for the 100% Delirious maps, everything else was done with ease.
  • I would like to thanks the following companions:
  • bahamut458, Ghostboner, who have been with us since the very start of the journey.
  • Perce79, and skg94, who were late to the party but constantly giving feedback and participating in the discussion.
  • Also a special thanks to our friends: Viktranka who often dropped by and helped answer some of the burning questions.
  • Sorry I couldn't list everyone. I do love you all and hope you will have a good league ahead.

--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 14, 2020, 2:53:50 PM
So what's your plan for the next league? Another big build project you'll min max over the course of the league, rebuild / continue improving this one or try something completely oddball or new?

I found it a bit strange that you called yourself "semi-casual" on reddit because some of the crafts you have I'd consider advanced in both price and method of creation.

I'm still curious for the last 2 reveals of new timeless keystones (I think vaal and maraketh are left?) if there would be anything that would beat divine flesh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info