[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

alright, thanks for the advice guys! so all i need is more hp and attack speed (and levels). kinda getting burned out but i now have new specific goals.
"
WolfieNa wrote:
I've just pulled your profile in PoB. The only non-trivial difference between us is that you choose not to take the Farsight wheel while I've specced to it.

Yeah I did quite a bit of gear wiggling myself in order to be able to drop Farsight. If you can cap accuracy without it, a 3 point jewel socket is much more powerful (more damage, and then 7% life on top of that). But of course getting that accuracy is non-trivial (unless you run precision).
I like the concept of defense from this guide.
But maybe I don't like the play style of scourge arrow.
So is any other build can benefit the defense concept from this guide, but using other offensive skills, for example poison BV or others? If there is a guide or POB will be perfect.
Last edited by seevildancer on Aug 3, 2020, 5:28:20 AM
"
seevildancer wrote:
I like the concept of defense from this guide.
But maybe I don't like the play style of scourge arrow.
So is any other build can benefit the defense concept from this guide, but using other offensive skills, for example poison BV or others? If there is a guide or POB will be perfect.

bahamut utilized the defense in this build for his Toxic Rain character. See if you like. Also there's poison Barrage build variant (Barrage for single target, SA+MiA for clear).

"
bahamut458 wrote:
Having recently hit my first level 100, I wanted to share my modestly min-maxed Toxic Rain variant of this build and some thoughts about the league & journey.

Being a bit more of an unorthodox take on TR, most of the offensive theorycrafting is based on the concepts here and the defensive mechanics worked out with my dude Wolfie and this thread.

Some features and explanations of my build:
-7200hp, Ailment/Map Mod/Curse (from flask) Immunity
-Zero Mana cost of skills
-The bit of crit and accuracy wouldn't normally be required with TR but helps keep elusive from the boots up which is up full time against bosses
-Damage comes from stacking # pods rather than damage of individual pods (see above video for more detail)
-Damage is slightly difficult to calculate but with conservative calcs POB has it at about ~5-6 mil which feels about right. Basically melts everything except Sirus who is slightly annoying. Skitterbot shock would be an easy add but my leveling-partner handled the shocks.

League and Leveling:
-Didn't really plan to hit 100 this league (or ever) and honestly it wasn't too bad. I did it mostly in the mine (depth ~300) and half-juiced t16s (sextants & harbringer).
-If you've got the currency, it can obviously be done MUCH faster through Pure Chayulas but I never did and it really never felt slow.
-At first it didn't really seem like a good/safe league mechanic to level but I ended up REALLY enjoying the crafting and self-crafted most of my gear which would not have been possible (for me) in prior leagues.
-Pushing through 98 & 99 is really just about not dying which the insane defenses of this build made possible. A death is basically a day's progress. I would just avoid double damage map mods and crit is probably the build's only real weakness.
-Fortify effect and the combination of 25% Phys taken as element, arctic armour, and divine flesh were the real stars.
-I also definitely undervalued evasion in the beginning and was a big boost to survivability, dodge on it's own is really unpredictable.

Last upgrade would probably be a ~40 ex malevolence/precision watcher's eye but that's well out side my budget. Looking forward to un-clinching my bunghole and playing like a full potato. I'm pulling out all life nodes (still keeping all the defensive mechanics) and putting in a second large - medium - medium cluster jewel setup that POB conservatively has at 10mil DPS.

POB here

Poe.Ninja (May not be updated yet but will reflect my respec'd double cluster jewel DPS setup)

Happy to answer any questions for those who enjoy the TR play style.

Cheers
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:

I'm currently using 2 large clusters. My dex has been reduced a bit, currently standing at 277, 100% hit chance. Previously, with 1 large cluster, it was 333 dex, 100% hit chance.

I really shouldn't have (I have some mild-moderate life + gear problems) but Wolfie's ideas are too irresistible and I did this too, lol. Wolfie - did you want to drop the scion life wheel et al. or did you have to do that to get your intelligence (+20 on the way to your northmost jewel)?

Took me from 5.1 M to 6.9 M Sirus DPS, a 35% DPS increase!

One thing I'd recommend if you need str/int (in the 2 cluster jewel experimental setup) since we have some extra room for small jewels (2 more), is a str/int Split Personality jewel. That single jewel, in the right node, gives ~ +33 str/int.

Now...just to get my life up to at least 6k again lol.
Last edited by warrofua on Aug 3, 2020, 9:13:09 AM
"
WolfieNa wrote:

bahamut utilized the defense in this build for his Toxic Rain character. See if you like. Also there's poison Barrage build variant (Barrage for single target, SA+MiA for clear).

I switched back to toxic rain/caustic arrow as well as I wanted to play around with this bow I made

Kept the defensive parts the same and also somewhat ironic I found that toxic rain does better with headhunter than scourge arrow, when the main reason I wanted to try scourge arrow was to benefit more from HH. However the most powerful buff that you can get is no doubt soul eater for the massive attack speed buff and it was just hard to reliably make good use of it with SA while TR just absolutely melts everything when my attack speed gets going.
"
"
WolfieNa wrote:
I've just pulled your profile in PoB. The only non-trivial difference between us is that you choose not to take the Farsight wheel while I've specced to it.

Yeah I did quite a bit of gear wiggling myself in order to be able to drop Farsight. If you can cap accuracy without it, a 3 point jewel socket is much more powerful (more damage, and then 7% life on top of that). But of course getting that accuracy is non-trivial (unless you run precision).

Spent a long time yesterday trying to figure out how to replace T2+ bow accuracy.

I take for granted that we'll be using a two-point quiver and an accuracy ghastly in every setup, so I think it comes down to needing any two of the following:

- rare ring suffix (suffix + qual is not enough)
- helmet suffix
- belt enchant
- farsight wheel

In terms of itemization budget, ring suffixes have the least opportunity cost. I'd already planned a switch to two rare rings (it was worth it without the accuracy issue), so dropping CoN isn't an issue for me. Of course if you are the lucky owner of the server's only max life + increased poison duration CoN (cough magi), you might be more attached to yours.

Anyway, on one of those planned rings, the worst suffix would either be 7% global attack speed or an ele resist. On the other it's 35% chaos resistance. I think there are bow suffixes better than 7% global attack speed + 35% chaos resistance.

Taking for granted that a proper poison bow has dot multi and attack speed suffixes, there are three options for third suffix that I think would be better than 7% global attack speed and 35% chaos res:

- hunter faster poison
- two bow arrows
- increased poison damage / chance to poison

However, these suffixes are effing hard to get in conjunction with of liquefaction (which has to be alted for). I think faster poison is actually the easiest of the three to target. Two arrows has low weight in a crowded tag, and poison damage has an untargettable tag.

So I'm a bit stuck now. I shouldn't craft the rings until I see what kind of bow I can make. But I'm not quite ready to craft the bow. Need a bunch of money saved up before starting that project.
Last edited by elmasone on Aug 3, 2020, 10:39:53 AM
"
warrofua wrote:

I really shouldn't have (I have some mild-moderate life + gear problems) but Wolfie's ideas are too irresistible and I did this too, lol. Wolfie - did you want to drop the scion life wheel et al. or did you have to do that to get your intelligence (+20 on the way to your northmost jewel)?

Actually, I'm quite comfortable with intel since I have the +1 intel per 2% quality harvest-crafted on my chest. I just wanted to see the DPS upper limit that I can reach with the build. :P
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
fleckens wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:

I switched back to toxic rain/caustic arrow as well as I wanted to play around with this bow I made

Kept the defensive parts the same and also somewhat ironic I found that toxic rain does better with headhunter than scourge arrow, when the main reason I wanted to try scourge arrow was to benefit more from HH. However the most powerful buff that you can get is no doubt soul eater for the massive attack speed buff and it was just hard to reliably make good use of it with SA while TR just absolutely melts everything when my attack speed gets going.

How? How did you make that bow? It's glorious! You need to finish the aspd though.
Last edited by elmasone on Aug 3, 2020, 2:06:18 PM
"
elmasone wrote:

How? How did you make that bow? It's glorious! You need to finish the aspd though.

Yeah haven't been lucky with speed remove and add unfortunately.

And bow is surprisingly simple to make, use faceted fossils, it's something like 1 in 9 to hit dex and str gems and there's a pretty high chance of getting the other ones, but otherwise you can just do reforge while keeping suffixes and then use harvest to remove everything but those two. Then after that just cannot roll attack and regular exalt slam for +1 and then multimod for +2 socketed support and chaos dot.

I got lucky and hit the +2 bows in the initial fossil craft so didn't have to do multimod, although I do have another bow where I tried to annul the multimod as +2 to support is slightly better than +2 to bow as it would boost all the gems rather than just toxic rain. No luck so far though and it's a minimum of 4 ex per try, much more if you hit the dex or str gem.

And of course synthesis base, was 7 ex for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info