(Old league) Cut-throat testers wanted

Sure, I'm willing to give it a try.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
I'd be happy to help test the cutthroat mode and give feedback.

A solid PvP option to this game would greatly distinguish it from similar titles. The premise sounds exciting but may suffer from a combination of predictable point of entry into the public areas and load times. I'm willing to keep an open mind about it and jump into the melee.
Willing for sure, I have work until 5pm NZT though, anytime after that im keen as!
RIP Bolto
I have an important (serious business!) question about this league. Will you drop ALL items on death (inventory + equipped) or just inventory? (doesn't include stash, I don't think) If it drops equipped items, that includes skill gems, which is problematic since skill gems are the only way to use skills.

I'd suggest that only non-socketed items can drop from what you have equipped, i.e. rings, belts, necklaces, along with any pieces of gear (helm, weapon, boots, etc.) that do not have any gems socketed in them. That way, the only way to protect your items is to have them equipped and socketed with a gem, to prevent you from having a worthless character when you die (which would be anti-fun). Anything in your non-equipped inventory, socketed or not, will drop when you die.

Example:

These equipped items would drop when I die:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

These equipped items would NOT drop when I die:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
IRON MAN
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Dreggon wrote:
I have an important (serious business!) question about this league. Will you drop ALL items on death (inventory + equipped) or just inventory? (doesn't include stash, I don't think) If it drops equipped items, that includes skill gems, which is problematic since skill gems are the only way to use skills.

I'd suggest that only non-socketed items can drop from what you have equipped, i.e. rings, belts, necklaces, along with any pieces of gear (helm, weapon, boots, etc.) that do not have any gems socketed in them. That way, the only way to protect your items is to have them equipped and socketed with a gem, to prevent you from having a worthless character when you die (which would be anti-fun). Anything in your non-equipped inventory, socketed or not, will drop when you die.

Example:

These equipped items would drop when I die:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

These equipped items would NOT drop when I die:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

This is a good point. Since are skills are gems, we need the gems socketed in armour to use them. If you drop all items, then it will be very hard and if you lose everything, probably easier to re-roll anyways. Hope to see how well it works, regardless of what drops. :)
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Cut throat?
I'd be willing.
Sure would be fun.
Yes, I'm willing to test the new league, but first I have a couple of suggestions I'd like you to think about.
First of all, with the idea that all of the players items will drop when slain, it creates a rather paranoid atmosphere, and with that it will be hard to find people to party with you for farming purposes. In addition to that, it's also a huge risk for what might not be such a good reward. I propose a system where the item(s) dropped are chosen on random from either what the player is wearing, or what's in their inventory. So it would either be half of the inventory to full, dropped, or a few items from what the player is wearing, 1-3 should be enough to start with, though on higher levels it could be increased.
Secondly, there are a few problems with the new league when looking at the default league. How will trading work? You will presumably go to normal mudflats in a party of two, and you might get killed. Your only options are to show up without wearing anything(or only whites) nor carrying anything, and see if the other players drops their item or kills you, if they drop the item you teleport back, and return with your item you wanted to trade. And the second option, if added, would be to add a trading function in town, assuming it would be non pvp.
And with that I suggest a few non-pvp areas, especially for trading purposes.
So to recapitulate, 2 suggestions: items dropped on death chosen on random from either the inventory or player's equipment, and a few(only 1?) non-pvp areas for trading.
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
I'll have a shot at it :)
Sweeping Maid
"
Dreggon wrote:

This is a very good point. We'll get back to you.

Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Haven't been able to join a ladder race in a month due to new work schedule, would love to help out on this.
"A tool knows exactly how it is meant to be handled, while the user of the tool can only have an approximate idea." -Milan Kundera

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info