Elegant hubris SCAMMER

"
Thror2k5 wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
you can't buy specific timeless jewels OP, there is no credible way that doesn't entirely rely on trust of one party to complete the trade. So basically if its with a random, don't do it.

there is certainly a way to buy exactly the jewel the seller is showing. the seller live streams it. They show the jewel, with number, put it into their passive tree, and then show the passives.

if they try any funny stuff (like having multiple jewels in inventory, 1 already in tree, black out the stream), or just wont stream it, you go buy from someone else.

Next to nobody will do that though, I wasn't saying there wasn't a solution just that if you assume its impossible you'll only be wrong a tiny amount of the time. You can't just "buy from somebody else" if your buying a specific jewel.

Its a 100% trust trade, if you don't trust don't do it.
Never trust random people like that.
"
NexiieQT wrote:
Never trust random people like that.

This seems to be the go to advice. Every game might has scammers, but in PoE, there seems to be an especially large distrust against the community. Probably because scamming is kind of "accepted" here (at least GGG isnt really punishing it).
Is this an item that somehow for some reason doesn't let you hover over it in the trade window to see its stats and what it does?
"
Is this an item that somehow for some reason doesn't let you hover over it in the trade window to see its stats and what it does?

Elegant hubris is a jewel that you put in your passive skill tree and comes with a number between 2000-160000. Each number is unique and depending on the number, it affects the passive skills on the skill tree differently. Now, there are only very few specific numbers where people have documented their effect on only certain areas (nodes) of the skill tree. So For the majority, you dont really know how a certain elegant hubris affects your skill. So if you dont want to try out tens or hundreds of elegant hubris to find a desired one, you would depend on the description by the seller.
While it'd be nice to buy exactly the jewel you want it's vastly safer just to by any non-corrupted one and a fist full of divine orbs (especially since they are cheap this league).
"

we're talking about these:

what you see there is what you see in trade screen. the special name in the description tells you what the KEYSTONES will turn into. the notables are 100% crapshoot though.
If anyone is looking to buy I currently sell a variety of 160 and 240 mindmg jewels and have a load of references who have retained me on their friends lists that can vouch. I can create GIFs (Which as OP noted CAN be forged so be very careful) and can also live stream in Discord which is much safer.

Always be very wary of scams with these. About every other person I sell to says they have been scammed prior. :(

~Draeda (Keleos89)
"
Dimora wrote:
Probably because scamming is kind of "accepted" here (at least GGG isnt really punishing it).

If you honestly believe that GGG doesn't care and doesn't "punish" scammers you're sadly mistaken.
They don't need to tell anyone what they do to them, and we don't need to know.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
you can't buy specific timeless jewels OP, there is no credible way that doesn't entirely rely on trust of one party to complete the trade. So basically if its with a random, don't do it.

It's pretty simple, but requires a lot of effort.

youtube it. it's pretty hard (or at least takes way more effort) to fake a youtube vid of you showing a timeless jewel and the corresponding nodes.

screenshots are obviously a problem.

pretty sure the 320 min dmg node is well known though so could just look it up on reddit. probably other variations. I've got 7 different #### min damge/life combos from 240-400 (which is why profile is private lol).

*edit*
GGG's solution to this problem is cluster jewels btw, would be highly surprised if they were working on any way to make timeless jewels more easily tradeable/searchable, since they can be a lot more powerful than cluster combinations. (more powerful equates to harder to obtain, and yes being intentionally hard to trade counts as harder to obtain).
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 23, 2020, 1:32:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info