Elegant hubris SCAMMER

Beware of elegant hubris trading on POE TRADE.
Scammer has description of the nodes and also linked to image hosting website (imgur). Just got scammed 10ex for an elegant hubris that is supposedly have 320 minion damage. As of writing, the scammer is still listing 2 more elegant hubris with 320 minion damage for 10ex each.

I have reported the player, but unfortunately cannot warn the community of the scammer in forum posts.

Elegant hubris is one of the more popular equipment out there and the nature of it makes trading these very risky and depend largely on trust. I hope GGG finds a way to tackle this aspect, to prevent people like me being scammed.
Last edited by Dimora on Apr 21, 2020, 1:11:49 PM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2020, 2:33:09 PM
Yeah Timeless jewels can be a pain.
Can you not look it up before you press accept?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
Yeah Timeless jewels can be a pain.
Can you not look it up before you press accept?

there is no way to 'look up' a timeless jewel
The number on the timeless jewel is correct. The screenshot he shows that allegetly shows the position of the nodes is false.

As is quite popular, people are describing the characteristics of the elegant hubris and sometimes refer to a screenshot.

For example these, which are from the scammer. Had to censor the name, due to Code of Conduct.

(you might notice that the person is selling another elegant hubris using the same description and referring to the same Imgur image now)

One of the imgur leads to this image, which should shows what I am suppose to buy.

I was sold the impression that the elegant hubris (cadiro 139720) had the 4x slum lord node, but it didnt.
you can't buy specific timeless jewels OP, there is no credible way that doesn't entirely rely on trust of one party to complete the trade. So basically if its with a random, don't do it.
"
you can't buy specific timeless jewels OP, there is no credible way that doesn't entirely rely on trust of one party to complete the trade. So basically if its with a random, don't do it.

I do agree that some part of interaction with the POE community (trade and services) rely on trust, which cannot really be avoided (except SSF). You could indeed reduce the risk by not interacting with "random". But really, as a player who is new or just plays predominantly alone, most if not all people are "randoms" (and oneself is just a "random" to others). Not interacting with these "randoms" would be a solution, but comes at a cost of being limited to interact with only people you know, which I guess would take away from the elements of MMO games.

Scams happen. So what I can contribute is make people aware and report the scammer, so that others wouldnt suffer the way I did.
if you wanna warn other players of anonymous malicious people on the internet, you can use reddit which is also the favourite place of ggg to talk to their community.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

there is certainly a way to buy exactly the jewel the seller is showing. the seller live streams it. They show the jewel, with number, put it into their passive tree, and then show the passives.

if they try any funny stuff (like having multiple jewels in inventory, 1 already in tree, black out the stream), or just wont stream it, you go buy from someone else.
"
Thror2k5 wrote:

I went and looked at Ziz's auctioning of timeless jewels.
Absolutely fucking ridiculous that you cannot ascertain what you are buying without a live stream.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Apr 21, 2020, 7:20:24 PM
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Thror2k5 wrote:

I went and looked at Ziz's auctioning of timeless jewels.
Absolutely fucking ridiculous that you cannot ascertain what you are buying without a live stream.

Agree. Trading shouldnt be required to be this careful. For a game to require these measures, takes away from the fun imo. TBH, after this event it deters me from continue playing PoE (this scam cost me my whole savings), even though I am so close to fighting A8 sirius.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info