3.10.1d Patch Notes Preview

"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Timer-based league mechanics have always been lazy and (in my opinion) bad choices for creating gradations of success.

The basic fact that fast clearers are already heavily rewarded by, you know, the fact that they clear maps fast, is something that players point out to GGG again and again, league after league, again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

GGG will never learn, because as long as this Skinner box is more sophisticated than a clicker, they will make bank. So caring about things like "good game design" isn't a priority. I honestly feel bad for people who work for GGG (both mods and devs); it must be a soul-sucking job at times.

Some precious angel* in this thread (there's always at least one) said that if you don't like it just stfu and find another game, and "no one will miss you." Ironically enough, I actually consider that good advice for anyone who hasn't played the game long enough to have significant buy-in.

*Edited to prevent mod intervention.

while i hate speed based mechanics as much as a lot of ppl, in this league is not such a big deal, yes you will get less interaction with the mechanics and less rewards, wich honestly is true for the whole poe experience, faster means more rewards, with that out of the way, i am willing to bet most ppl dont care about the extra rewards, most ppl want to have fun and they have fun by playing at their pace, i am playing a fast build tbh and i am still picking up loot b/c i dont like backtracking, backtracking is not neccesary, its a choice. poe will always reward speed, its in its nature sadly, while some mechanics do not reward speed so clearly like delve, it will still be order of magnitudes more profitable running it faster, its just the way of poe, i dont think you can really do something that wont give you better reward by being faster.
Awesome, thanks!

"
Using an Orb of Horizons on a Shaper Guardian Map will now always result in it turning into a different Shaper Guardian Map.
this game need 1 million more improvements to performance to be good
"
nicolasrm wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

Timer-based league mechanics have always been lazy and (in my opinion) bad choices for creating gradations of success.

The basic fact that fast clearers are already heavily rewarded by, you know, the fact that they clear maps fast, is something that players point out to GGG again and again, league after league, again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

GGG will never learn, because as long as this Skinner box is more sophisticated than a clicker, they will make bank. So caring about things like "good game design" isn't a priority. I honestly feel bad for people who work for GGG (both mods and devs); it must be a soul-sucking job at times.

Some precious angel* in this thread (there's always at least one) said that if you don't like it just stfu and find another game, and "no one will miss you." Ironically enough, I actually consider that good advice for anyone who hasn't played the game long enough to have significant buy-in.

*Edited to prevent mod intervention.

while i hate speed based mechanics as much as a lot of ppl, in this league is not such a big deal, yes you will get less interaction with the mechanics and less rewards, wich honestly is true for the whole poe experience, faster means more rewards, with that out of the way, i am willing to bet most ppl dont care about the extra rewards, most ppl want to have fun and they have fun by playing at their pace, i am playing a fast build tbh and i am still picking up loot b/c i dont like backtracking, backtracking is not neccesary, its a choice. poe will always reward speed, its in its nature sadly, while some mechanics do not reward speed so clearly like delve, it will still be order of magnitudes more profitable running it faster, its just the way of poe, i dont think you can really do something that wont give you better reward by being faster.

(Bolding mine.)

You are not wrong. Nor am I wrong when I say that wearing an amulet is a choice. Fortunately, wearing an amulet is less tedious than backtracking. But the analogy is sound. Good game design makes choices meaningful.

My favorite quote by design guru Soren Johnson is, "Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game." Path of Exile is, quite literally, the reason the quote is my favorite, since its devs unintentionally illustrate the truth of the statement so consistently.

Go check out the context, if you are interested in design: https://www.designer-notes.com/?p=369
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Buunaucht wrote:
While I understand that backtracking is a pain and it sucks, and a lot of maps can't be done while doing Delirium, especially bosses that have phases make it impossible to complete, w/e just don't do those maps, and if you wanna complain about a free game and quit for the league; NO ONE WILL MISS YOU, stfu and go play another game already

oh boy...

You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
"
XeoTech wrote:
Are you going to fix your sound engine?

It is currently creating Microsoft PowerPoint 1999 slideshow presentations with people's gameplay.

Upgrade drivers. Sound is fine.
Is the patch up,or we still waiting i didn't understand :D
"Using an Orb of Horizons on a Shaper Guardian Map will now always result in it turning into a different Shaper Guardian Map"

finally back, THANK YOU !
Please Sirius was fine at the end of the metamorphosis league, now he's a big trash.
Do you only listen to reddit?Make a good fight, this fight is horrible.
First off, I think it would be good to remember that, at this point, the team is working from home. I am sure this makes it much harder to do what they need to do, and so with that, I am grateful that they are at least still putting effort into patches such as these to improve gameplay.

I am curious if there will be further balancing of the currently still overpowered herald cluster jewels?

Again, thank you GGG and keep safe!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info