[3.10] SSF Hierophant Archmage Storm Brand | 2.3m+ Shaper DPS | League Starter | All Content

"
drobecdrobny wrote:
Had a 2 year break from PoE and came back this league, everyone is playing storm brand and I am like wtf is this thing. Started with caustic arrow raider but will give this one a try just to see how it feels. Never really played templar so I am looking forward. Thanks for the guide.

Everyone is playing storm brand because of the Archmage support is too good to pass and Storm Brand is just good for mapping and bossing at the same time. Hope you enjoy the build.
"
jitkang wrote:
"
sirdec wrote:
On POB,

some gemm are not 20/20,why not controlled destruction for example?

and why stop lvl ing arcane surge at Lvl 17?

i am confused: so could u explain what gemms have to be 20/20 and what gemms have to stay with no quality and what gemms have to stay at low lvl (except lvl 1 or CWDT combo)

ty

lvl 91 SSF right now :) love the build so far^^ can do T16 with tabula^^

I normally don't level up my gem to 20q because I am lazy, and definitely if you can get to 20q is better than none. The only gem I have 20q is empower (faster gem leveling), faster casting (more cast speed), faster attack (more attack speed), and second wind (5% CDR). You can get some more damage from 20q those support gem.

For Arcane surge, make sure the mana to trigger is not more than 3 times the mana cost of your brand recall, since we are triggering it every 3.6s. In my case, my brand recall cost 114 mana, and Lv18 Arcane Surge (+1 in helmet) requires 296 mana to trigger, while lv19 requires 345 mana which need 4 cast of brand recall to trigger, so we can't keep permanent uptime for Arcane Surge. That's the reason I stay at gem lvl 17.

Ty much, i m still playing with aztiri foible thats why maybe i didnt feel taht arcane surge cost so much on mana at high lvl.
Love this build and happy to found it in SSF! ty
IGN:Sirdec
btw you can use blade blast for free unnerve, 10% more spell damage to enemies hit with it
"
sirdec wrote:
"
jitkang wrote:
"
sirdec wrote:
On POB,

some gemm are not 20/20,why not controlled destruction for example?

and why stop lvl ing arcane surge at Lvl 17?

i am confused: so could u explain what gemms have to be 20/20 and what gemms have to stay with no quality and what gemms have to stay at low lvl (except lvl 1 or CWDT combo)

ty

lvl 91 SSF right now :) love the build so far^^ can do T16 with tabula^^

I normally don't level up my gem to 20q because I am lazy, and definitely if you can get to 20q is better than none. The only gem I have 20q is empower (faster gem leveling), faster casting (more cast speed), faster attack (more attack speed), and second wind (5% CDR). You can get some more damage from 20q those support gem.

For Arcane surge, make sure the mana to trigger is not more than 3 times the mana cost of your brand recall, since we are triggering it every 3.6s. In my case, my brand recall cost 114 mana, and Lv18 Arcane Surge (+1 in helmet) requires 296 mana to trigger, while lv19 requires 345 mana which need 4 cast of brand recall to trigger, so we can't keep permanent uptime for Arcane Surge. That's the reason I stay at gem lvl 17.

Ty much, i m still playing with aztiri foible thats why maybe i didnt feel taht arcane surge cost so much on mana at high lvl.
Love this build and happy to found it in SSF! ty

Your brand recall will not cost a lot of mana unless you start to socket multiple Fevered Mind jewel in your build. So you just have to manual adjust the Arcane Surge gem level based on your brand recall mana cost.
"
KarmaGreat wrote:
btw you can use blade blast for free unnerve, 10% more spell damage to enemies hit with it

Thanks, that's a good suggestion which I overlooked. I will add it into the gem section, although this build is kind of gem slots hungry.
Hey! Thanks for the guide! I had no idea that this build was so strong in SSF, but I've been having a blast with it so far.

I would like to ask, why CWDT Immortal Call + Cold Snap? Unless I missed something you don't generate endurance charges to extend the duration of IC, so it doesn't seem to do much. I replaced it with Arcane Cloak + Increased Duration and that seems to have much more of an impact so long as you don't dump all your mana while running into packs.
"
April_Spades wrote:
Hey! Thanks for the guide! I had no idea that this build was so strong in SSF, but I've been having a blast with it so far.

I would like to ask, why CWDT Immortal Call + Cold Snap? Unless I missed something you don't generate endurance charges to extend the duration of IC, so it doesn't seem to do much. I replaced it with Arcane Cloak + Increased Duration and that seems to have much more of an impact so long as you don't dump all your mana while running into packs.

I used to have lv20 Arcane Cloak in my gem link, but I noticed that I almost always forget or never going to press that button during mapping and even bossing. So in the end I decided to switch to cwdt + IC for 1 sec 25% less damage taken without me having to activate the skill. Cold snap is just to slow down the boss especially Sirus for more dps time, help in slowing down pack of delirium mobs if you get hit a lot in a short time too. Usually with this build, you won't take a lot of damage from time to time unless you stand still for too long. You can go for Arcane Cloak if you can utilise it, but for a lazy person like me, cwdt + IC + CS is just more convenient.
Last edited by jitkang on Apr 13, 2020, 10:58:12 PM
This is quite simply a thank you post.

What a fantastic guide and build! This is the first time I've properly played SSF due to current events and my first characters left something to be desired, but I'm having so much fun with this setup. My favorite part is how there's always something to chase, the next piece. I only have two fevered minds, the rest is in bits and pieces and I'm ever chasing that soul tether, but there's no "the next and only step is this tier 1 unique". Just now I rolled my cluster jewels and finally found my obliteration wand. A build that really makes you want to stick with it since there's logical, incremental steps and you really feel them.

If anyone's reading this and is on the fence, whether SSF or trade, I can't recommend this enough. Definitely my league-defining build.
"
Jansrud wrote:
This is quite simply a thank you post.

What a fantastic guide and build! This is the first time I've properly played SSF due to current events and my first characters left something to be desired, but I'm having so much fun with this setup. My favorite part is how there's always something to chase, the next piece. I only have two fevered minds, the rest is in bits and pieces and I'm ever chasing that soul tether, but there's no "the next and only step is this tier 1 unique". Just now I rolled my cluster jewels and finally found my obliteration wand. A build that really makes you want to stick with it since there's logical, incremental steps and you really feel them.

If anyone's reading this and is on the fence, whether SSF or trade, I can't recommend this enough. Definitely my league-defining build.

I am glad you are liking this build. In fact, this is my second SSF league since Synthesis League. I always liked how the progression and item chasing in SSF. This build is one of the strongest build I have played in SSF due to how strong ArchMage support is. It is how unlucky I am to only get all the cluster jewel I need around lv98, but it has been a big upgrade for my build without a doubt. Hope all the best luck for you.
Cool build, like the concept. Execution-wise however makes me wonder many things. Your build is anything but invincible as you claim. Here's my current SSF HC version I got going. Obviously if I got lucky and got a glancing blows going I would focus more on block and run a Rumis. Happily running full-mist T16s currently, with level 19 gems. Pretty solid build for sure.

https://pastebin.com/sJ0VSnb5

Big takeaways from my SSF HC variant:

-Allocated Battle Cry on your foible. Get the extra endurance charge near templar, and spam enduring cry for 4 endurance charges. You don't need more damage, so why bother allocating Runesmith?
-Used Cyclone with fortify, infused channeling, LGoH. Enough said.
-Balanced resists for Oak. 10% reduced ele dmg taken is no joke.
-Have a ring & belt swap handy for 75 chaos resist when needed. Replace Wise Oak with a basalt flask.

Regards,
007noctis

Edit: Also, I could never understand why you run EE. Explain please?
Last edited by 007noctis on Apr 17, 2020, 2:44:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info