[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

"
jbmcarth wrote:
I think there's a better combination of anoint/passives you can take for the main version of this build. Get the Runesmith anoint, drop the Runesmith wheel and 2 small ES/life nodes in Written in Blood wheel, and path through and take the Cursed Concoction wheel instead. Saves you a passive and adds the Cursed Concoction wheel utility.

Otherwise, you can still save 1 passive point through improved pathing with the guide PoB (without ghost reaver) by changing the pathing from outside the rightmost nodes to inside it (from below the written in blood wheel)

I took the plunge and respec'd for EO when I realized that with my current gear, level (88), 2 passives spent getting str, and forgetting to use crit flask most of the time, I actually don't lose much dps but gained about 1.1k ES. Only did a couple of maps on it so far, but it feels much smoother. I'll consider respec'ing for crit when I've got skyforth, but for now (and for anyone else working on this build without enough currency for the nice stuff) I think this version is best.

Some anoints I'm considering:
cheap:
-Utmost Intellect: +2.1% dps, +4.5% max ES (4.5c)
-Utmost Might: +~50 str, freeing up 2 passives atm or ring/belt stats later (4.5c)
-Divine Judgement: +8.3% dps (much less when I get curse setup) (4.5c)

more expensive:
-Tranquility: +10.8% dps, +1% max ES (129c)
-Discipline of the Slaughterer: frenzy charge generation and 1 max charge, 16% more dmg while up (65c)
-Runesmith: (see above) (~24c)
-Heart of Thunder: +10.5% dps (much less when I get curse setup) (66c)
-Overcharged: endurance/frenzy charges (28c)

Hvae you considered the mana anoints? They add abit more Mana / ES which may be useful. I had considered cursed concoction myself, but I dropped my mana flask entirely to run 5 utility flasks.

EO wise I think the problem is that the dps cap for EO is low, which is why we mostly go for crit builds nowadays. I currently have 37% crit (will jump to 38% or so once I take the last couple nodes), with power charges up I get +120% crit chance, so around 44% crit, that's >64% crit chance with diamond flask up, for 400% dmg, which is about a 2.56 multiplier. Compared with the 1.4 multiplier from EO, it's a huge chunk of damage.
The only reason to go EO instead of crit is that if you put all those spell crit passives into mana/ES nodes, you can hit 9.5k or higher ES without watcher's. The decline in OP PoB dps when only the passives were changed brought it down to 3.7m dps iirc. There are a few other benefits, like not needing crit on cinderswallow, not needing crit flask, potentially cheaper or additional mod wand, etc.

At my point in progress, clearing t11-14 maps, BBBBBR chest (corrupted, got it for a steal now just need the vaals to fix, ~2.6% chance of all blue or 1 green), ~800k dps, and about an ex short of skyforth, switching to EO was all benefit and no noticeable downside. If anything, I'm clearing faster for some reason. I suspect the lower end of dmg with crit build (bad dmg roll and noncrit) was making some mobs need 2 hits from brand chains.

Mana anoints were all considered but ultimately not listed because utmost intellect provided better ES and similar dps for a fraction of the cost, and I don't think any of the other mana options really compete with the more expensive stuff. Right now I'm leaning toward overcharged and using a cwdt-IC in boots until watcher's (lol forever, in other words). Or just buying the damn cluster with 3 passives and going utmost intelligence for now.
"
antimufa wrote:
Well I just sold the helmet I said for 15ex. Started on 30 something. But I just put that price depending on other people, but it wasnt going to sell.

Six more ex and I have the watchers eye (with 18% mana to ES)

lets gooo

btw killed my first uber elder (two deaths because I fucked up) in my first try ever, so that's something. Also I was able to do Delirium Encounters IV (that I failed with my flicker-dualstrike character)so that's good too.

I believe I am the buyer. This build is not herald stacking but it does have a lot of optimization potential as well.

Currently at 27m Shaper DPS per brand and can push to 30m with some simple adjustments I didn't get to yet (like a better Cinderswallow and Skyforth enchant).

https://pastebin.com/R1J9aPfZ

Gear cost is north of 150ex.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
The only reason to go EO instead of crit is that if you put all those spell crit passives into mana/ES nodes, you can hit 9.5k or higher ES without watcher's. The decline in OP PoB dps when only the passives were changed brought it down to 3.7m dps iirc. There are a few other benefits, like not needing crit on cinderswallow, not needing crit flask, potentially cheaper or additional mod wand, etc.

At my point in progress, clearing t11-14 maps, BBBBBR chest (corrupted, got it for a steal now just need the vaals to fix, ~2.6% chance of all blue or 1 green), ~800k dps, and about an ex short of skyforth, switching to EO was all benefit and no noticeable downside. If anything, I'm clearing faster for some reason. I suspect the lower end of dmg with crit build (bad dmg roll and noncrit) was making some mobs need 2 hits from brand chains.

Mana anoints were all considered but ultimately not listed because utmost intellect provided better ES and similar dps for a fraction of the cost, and I don't think any of the other mana options really compete with the more expensive stuff. Right now I'm leaning toward overcharged and using a cwdt-IC in boots until watcher's (lol forever, in other words). Or just buying the damn cluster with 3 passives and going utmost intelligence for now.

Hmm, I"m not sure, but I think I prefer crit for t15-16s - for me, as crit, I don't really have the problem where mobs don't die to 1 hit (given the chain support / high effective crit rate) and I prefer having higher boss dps to one-phase bosses.

Anoint wise I went from throatseeker to druidic rites (highly recommend for flask duration) to tranquility currently. Tbh i don't think they really make much of a difference. Nothing very noticeable to me at any rate..

I think at this point, either an ES anoint / Tranquiltiy is best for me given that I already have ~10.2k mana, unless I can get a watcher's eye and drop sanctuary of thought.

I am enjoying all of the back and forth over EO and crit, and I'd like to weigh in. I went with the crit build instead of EO as it scales further as more currency becomes available. EO is DPS efficient up until ~300 crit multi IIRC and provides additional survivability through use of extra mana nodes, or additional utility through use of cluster jewels. In addition, it is easier to get off the ground in a league start scenario. As the POB leveling notes mention, we actually take EO early on to get a substantial amount of clear. With all of that said, once your currency has broken 50ex or so, EO falls substantially behind crit. Obtaining 300 multi can be done for peanuts and scaling it further is very simple. The bulk of mana nodes are picked up either way, leaving EO to rely on cluster jewels which (for our build) don't provide a stackable broken passive to abuse that will outshine crit and fevered minds.

Lastly, taking EO does not give us access to a secondary mitigation source and just raises our EHP higher. You will still get 1 shot at 10k ES if you are not paying attention. Now you will have to pay attention longer, due to the DPS not carrying us through.
Could your explain Why you choose gear in every slot ?

because It's easier for me to follow your build and buying stuff more efficiency
I can't Use my "Dash" skill with U'r setup. Can U give me advice, Why?
http://s01.geekpic.net/dt-J2ETP9.png
---
Sory, I mixed up proper skill. My bad. Going crying.
Last edited by DENive_of_Exile on May 2, 2020, 6:50:06 PM
"
Jolo0213 wrote:
"
antimufa wrote:
Well I just sold the helmet I said for 15ex. Started on 30 something. But I just put that price depending on other people, but it wasnt going to sell.

Six more ex and I have the watchers eye (with 18% mana to ES)

lets gooo

btw killed my first uber elder (two deaths because I fucked up) in my first try ever, so that's something. Also I was able to do Delirium Encounters IV (that I failed with my flicker-dualstrike character)so that's good too.

I believe I am the buyer. This build is not herald stacking but it does have a lot of optimization potential as well.

Currently at 27m Shaper DPS per brand and can push to 30m with some simple adjustments I didn't get to yet (like a better Cinderswallow and Skyforth enchant).

https://pastebin.com/R1J9aPfZ

Gear cost is north of 150ex.

Hey man

Just to check some things here, you said you have 27m shaper dps but your pob says you have over 13m effective, not shaper or boss

Is there something I'm missing in your calcs? you got a pretty nice ES and mana without sanctuary of thoughts, also a nice equipment overall

I went to a different way getting Ethereal Fist to pump my leech to 1.5% + 0.5% when arcane surge pops. Dunno if its overkill but I'm surviving a bit more now in delirium cause I didnt drop sanctuary of thoughts, my dps is now over 11.3m (no shaper/boss). Dropping sanctuary dps goes to 22m but ES drops to 7.7 and mana to 9.8
"
I can't Use my "Dash" skill with U'r setup. Can U give me advice, Why?

Is it linked to a trigger skill?

"
zer0code wrote:
Hey man

Just to check some things here, you said you have 27m shaper dps but your pob says you have over 13m effective, not shaper or boss

Is there something I'm missing in your calcs? you got a pretty nice ES and mana without sanctuary of thoughts, also a nice equipment overall

I went to a different way getting Ethereal Fist to pump my leech to 1.5% + 0.5% when arcane surge pops. Dunno if its overkill but I'm surviving a bit more now in delirium cause I didnt drop sanctuary of thoughts, my dps is now over 11.3m (no shaper/boss). Dropping sanctuary dps goes to 22m but ES drops to 7.7 and mana to 9.8

Are you using the PoB Community Fork? Things like cluster jewels don't get factored in otherwise.
Probably has dash linked to blood magic? You want dash to cast on mana, no life. You dont need blood magic except to run clarity, and you don't need to run clarity at all unless you've got the expensive watcher's eye with clarity/ES mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info