[3.10]The CEO of lightning Storm Brand Hierophant [Retired]

My two cents is that if survivability is a concern at all, Ghost Reaver is worth the one skill point. ES leech is our primary way of recovering life in boss fights and I think the difference it makes in overall tankiness is noticeable.
I think there's a better combination of anoint/passives you can take for the main version of this build. Get the Runesmith anoint, drop the Runesmith wheel and 2 small ES/life nodes in Written in Blood wheel, and path through and take the Cursed Concoction wheel instead. Saves you a passive and adds the Cursed Concoction wheel utility.

Otherwise, you can still save 1 passive point through improved pathing with the guide PoB (without ghost reaver) by changing the pathing from outside the rightmost nodes to inside it (from below the written in blood wheel)

I took the plunge and respec'd for EO when I realized that with my current gear, level (88), 2 passives spent getting str, and forgetting to use crit flask most of the time, I actually don't lose much dps but gained about 1.1k ES. Only did a couple of maps on it so far, but it feels much smoother. I'll consider respec'ing for crit when I've got skyforth, but for now (and for anyone else working on this build without enough currency for the nice stuff) I think this version is best.

Some anoints I'm considering:
cheap:
-Utmost Intellect: +2.1% dps, +4.5% max ES (4.5c)
-Utmost Might: +~50 str, freeing up 2 passives atm or ring/belt stats later (4.5c)
-Divine Judgement: +8.3% dps (much less when I get curse setup) (4.5c)

more expensive:
-Tranquility: +10.8% dps, +1% max ES (129c)
-Discipline of the Slaughterer: frenzy charge generation and 1 max charge, 16% more dmg while up (65c)
-Runesmith: (see above) (~24c)
-Heart of Thunder: +10.5% dps (much less when I get curse setup) (66c)
-Overcharged: endurance/frenzy charges (28c)
Last edited by jbmcarth on May 1, 2020, 4:59:12 PM
"
My two cents is that if survivability is a concern at all, Ghost Reaver is worth the one skill point. ES leech is our primary way of recovering life in boss fights and I think the difference it makes in overall tankiness is noticeable.

Ghost Reaver instead of Soul Thief? Both? I dropped it after my last level and am noticing a little more dying. But I am juicing my maps a little more aggressively too.
"
Saltbringer wrote:
"

Ghost Reaver instead of Soul Thief? Both? I dropped it after my last level and am noticing a little more dying. But I am juicing my maps a little more aggressively too.

Be aware that this is a build with really high raw ES, but no real mitigation outside Arcane Cloak. No matter what, you'll be getting 1-shot occasionally. All it takes is a coordinated burst or shotguns from Deli on-death effects to fuck you up.

If you want Reaver, you could probably drop Soul, and see where you can spend the extra passives.
Skyforth and phasing would help me avoid most of my rips, but I'm not at the highest tier maps yet. Are you guys actually getting 1 shot or just insta-gibbed by a large number of ranged attacks? I've seen the latter many times. If it's the former, it should be possible to avoid some of this by sacrificing dmg for ES/mana throughout the passive tree. A more ES-focused build + clarity watchers would be insane ES. If it's the latter, could double armor/evasion flasks and dodge flask help by increasing avoidance/mitigation?

Or swap in Grace for zealotry...
Edit: forgot about Grace dex reqs. Still doable...kindof. Dex on both rings?
Last edited by jbmcarth on May 1, 2020, 10:18:20 PM
Why are people suggesting anoints when we need foible I'm confused.
"
jbmcarth wrote:
Skyforth and phasing would help me avoid most of my rips, but I'm not at the highest tier maps yet. Are you guys actually getting 1 shot or just insta-gibbed by a large number of ranged attacks? I've seen the latter many times. If it's the former, it should be possible to avoid some of this by sacrificing dmg for ES/mana throughout the passive tree. A more ES-focused build + clarity watchers would be insane ES. If it's the latter, could double armor/evasion flasks and dodge flask help by increasing avoidance/mitigation?

Or swap in Grace for zealotry...
Edit: forgot about Grace dex reqs. Still doable...kindof. Dex on both rings?

A lot of shit in Delirium is just really rippy, especially map bosses, I occasionally get one shot by bad combinations + delirium mods, it's unavoidable.

Skyforth is more or less mandatory because of stun immunity, before I had it I got stunned every couple of seconds, which led to deaths because of delirium on-death garbage.

Phasing wise just grab a quartz flask, you want the dodge and phasing anyway.
Last edited by spectrearc on May 1, 2020, 11:12:15 PM
"
IdesofMarch01 wrote:
Why are people suggesting anoints when we need foible I'm confused.

You anoint a notable on your amulet?

Anoints aren't just for rares y'know, as long as they aren't corrupted, any amulets can be anointed.
"
Saltbringer wrote:
"

I don't think we have enough points for both unless u want to drop crit nodes/ mana nodes. Soul thief grants a bit more ES, but less leech. I prefer Reaver for doubled leech + more leech myself.
Dex on rings to run Grace is definitely an option, but this is NOT a build with alot of attributes. Hell, Chain Support is hard capped at 12. Getting dex on rings would work, but it'd increase the price exponentially. And yes, a simultaneous barrage of projectiles is a common source of death, next to on-death deli shit.

Porcupines are the absolute worst about it. Hell, if you don't have chain support, their presence makes the map a flat no-go, unless you can afford to die a few times, even while playing super carefully around them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info