3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

"
hydre57 wrote:
I'm still using the first build and thinking about switching.

I don't understand a thing, why losing the 15% damage increase of shock for pendulum? Is the increased area of affect for aura and curse worth it?

It's actually more. Taken straight from poe wiki "With no other sources of increased ailment effect, Beacon of Ruin will chill enemies at a 13% slow and causes shocked enemies to take 19.5% increased damage at minimum."

I've switched to it. It's very noticeable on big boss fights (Sirus Uelder Shaper).

Comes down to personal preference. Skyscan has given you the barebone of a great build, but you are free to modify it to suit your needs.
already got answer
Last edited by kihon on Apr 12, 2020, 6:04:45 AM
"
xecutable1 wrote:
"
hydre57 wrote:

I don't understand a thing, why losing the 15% damage increase of shock for pendulum? Is the increased area of affect for aura and curse worth it?

It's actually more. Taken straight from poe wiki "With no other sources of increased ailment effect, Beacon of Ruin will chill enemies at a 13% slow and causes shocked enemies to take 19.5% increased damage at minimum."

I've switched to it. It's very noticeable on big boss fights (Sirus Uelder Shaper).

Comes down to personal preference. Skyscan has given you the barebone of a great build, but you are free to modify it to suit your needs.

Beacon of Ruin clearly states "Chills from your hits" and "Shocks from your hits", so I am not sure if it works with the golems. I dont know the exact mechanic but Shaper of Desolation may work with the golems (so it can be the source of the increased damage you noticed).
Last edited by Fenris1970 on Apr 12, 2020, 6:25:50 AM
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
"
xecutable1 wrote:
"
hydre57 wrote:

Beacon of Ruin clearly states "Chills from your hits" and "Shocks from your hits", so I am not sure if it works with the golems. I dont know the exact mechanic but Shaper of Desolation may work with the golems (so it can be the source of the increased damage you noticed).

It doesn't work with golems, it procs from skills like blade vortex for example (or storm brand with added physical dmg to spell somewhere) and the golems benefit from hitting a shocked foe.
Shaper of Desolation works with Golems as it's based on "All" damage you deal, damage from golems would still count as damage your dealing.

However Beacon of Ruin does not work with Golems I would advise taking Paragon of Calamity personally, 6% All Resist & 8% Reduced damage taken to elemental hits received.
shaper of desolation conflux can only be triggered by your hits, not golems'
who cares, we are using storm brand = we will shock anyway. Which is solid almsot 20% more dmg.
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
"
xecutable1 wrote:
"
hydre57 wrote:

Exactly. As we r proccing 2 curses with storm brand you still apply the shock to bosses. You do not need the extra dmg for clear anyways.

You can even get a medium jewel for curses and get a Culling Strike for cursed enemies and again proc it with storm brand.

Like I've said personal preference. I have soul ripper flask so tankiness at this point is not a problem. However Kosis in a 100% delirious map after 7th wave has a huge life pool, and this is where this comes in handy.

It really really depends on what phase you are on and what exactly you are doing with this character.

Last edited by xecutable1 on Apr 12, 2020, 10:45:09 AM
how people achieve like 2.5kk dps?! with 8/1 golems??? Im with 7/1/1 have 800k dps and even if i place in pob third cluster jewel AND all awakened gems - it will be like 1.2kk at most...huh?
im not complaining tho. :O
"
Melanholic7 wrote:
how people achieve like 2.5kk dps?! with 8/1 golems??? Im with 7/1/1 have 800k dps and even if i place in pob third cluster jewel AND all awakened gems - it will be like 1.2kk at most...huh?
im not complaining tho. :O

Make sure you cluster jewels are on your tree as it takes them off when you load it, also make sure you're using Localidentity Fork version of PoB and not the standard version because that doesn't include Impale damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info