Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Evolving Path of Exile's Renderer

Please just fix the thing first! long time player now struggling as it lags every 10 seconds - avoid any fancy graphics purchases... so much lag! town worst
Everyone just wants performance in an ARPG. Visuals are secondary.

With a brand new PC (Ryzen 3600, 5700 XT, 16 GB DDR4, and SSD), I should be getting more than 60-80 FPS soloing at lvl 70. It still dips well below that.

edit: I actually killed my r9 390x that was only 3 years old by trying to play my lvl 22 hardcore duelist at 155 fps in a solo party. That is why I had to buy a new GPU. 144+ fps is not recommended lol.
Last edited by dizz on Apr 7, 2020, 2:42:18 PM
I am blown away by some of the stuff I've seen you improve on over the years. The new water tech from a few years ago was outstanding. This new fog tech from a visual standpoint is also superb.

Now that said, performance is obviously an issue for a lot of players. It was a huge issue for me for a long time and when Legion came out I basically quit the game for a league until I upgrade my machine.

So the issue is that while you are certainly making improvements and innovating where you can, players basically need the absolute latest hardware to experience it all. I understand that you don't want to cater to the lowest common denominator and limit yourself in that regard, but that's basically the situation that the game is in. All is well so long as you have the absolute latest and greatest. Not so much if you are even slightly behind the times. Every league is some sort of a performance hit and folks are certainly not upgrading their hardware every 3 - 6 months.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Fix the lag - Add more to the story - Less new mechanics.. fix/repair/enhance current ones. Gonna need really consider how to get new players into game..becoming too big a mouthful for most. High end stuff is fine but unless you follow someone else's build..forget getting there.
He even spoiled us Delirium league!

Good man. :D
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
girng wrote:
Tons of posts on reddit and the forums saying if they disable sound effects (through config, not in-game) it increases performance tenfold

Sound has nothing to do with this guys' job. We haven't heard from their sound guy...yet.

Oh I know, just replying to BloodPuddles. I don't like reddit, but I've seen my fair share of posts on there and on the forums saying disabling in-game sound through the config can help immensely.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Apr 7, 2020, 6:13:16 PM
"
returnofsnow wrote:

This is actually true. Fixed lots of stutters for me. Also, limiting the processor to 95% worked wonders for me. I don't get stutters anymore only in heavy environments (Conqueror + Delirium + lots of other stuffs). FPS is still lacking though.

Also the guy you quoted just trying to be a smartass and bait people into fighting, ignore these kind of people that have absolutely no clue about what's happening.

Stay safe peeps!

Eh, I've engaged with BloodPuddles last year he just has some crazy opinions, same for me, to be fair lol.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Apr 7, 2020, 6:15:21 PM
so tell me short, when game will stop lagging????
This guy is incredible. His passion for his job really shows. As a programmer myself, I always wondered if the tentacle atlas effect was dynamic... now I know. Impressive algorithm! It's all those little touches that make this game so special.
Hope that the lag can be fixed soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info