[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

I want to come back to this build. Had so much fun last season. Working on 6 link PoH and Cloak before I jump in.
"
DannyNorth wrote:
I want to come back to this build. Had so much fun last season. Working on 6 link PoH and Cloak before I jump in.

Actually, a random 6L armour with an Agnerod whatever can carry you to pretty far.
"
"
DannyNorth wrote:

Actually, a random 6L armour with an Agnerod whatever can carry you to pretty far.

Prices are dropping so I am hoarding the gear. I have jewelers touch for Cloak and PoH. Just need to start leveling a Hierophant. Most likely this weekend
yea I'm also gonna start gearing up in the next two days ahead of time while the prices are on the downslope (before they spike again....).

Question (I know its been asked 100x): If I use windshriek for the +1 curse, and then i have a Curse on Hit ring with a hextouch setup does that apply both curses? Or will the ring constantly be cancelling the hextouch?

I'm following SkylerOG's PoB and he has awakened hextouch linked with his enfeeble and no other curse so it got me wondering if you NEED the awakened hextouch lvl 5 to apply the second curse that way?
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
yea I'm also gonna start gearing up in the next two days ahead of time while the prices are on the downslope (before they spike again....).

Question (I know its been asked 100x): If I use windshriek for the +1 curse, and then i have a Curse on Hit ring with a hextouch setup does that apply both curses? Or will the ring constantly be cancelling the hextouch?

I'm following SkylerOG's PoB and he has awakened hextouch linked with his enfeeble and no other curse so it got me wondering if you NEED the awakened hextouch lvl 5 to apply the second curse that way?

I think you will be fine with windshriek.

For awakened hextouch, "Curses linked to Level 5 Awakened Hextouch Support interact favourably with other curses that have lower curse limit. For example, if the player links only one curse to Awakened Curse on Hit, then that curse will not override or be overridden by any other curse the player casts with their default curse limit."
thx I also found that he is using a 3rd curse, it just separated itself from the other skills in the armor when I uploaded the PoB and I missed it.
Hi all, I'm really loving this build but I know I'm only in the early stages of the endgame.

I have pretty good gear, t2/t1 life rolls on all my rare gear, but my overall health pool is still only about 2300. I can't survive anything without The Agnostic, even without using RF. Yet I see others with 4000+ life in their builds. Is there something I'm missing that would be worth 2000 life?
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Hi all, I'm really loving this build but I know I'm only in the early stages of the endgame.

I have pretty good gear, t2/t1 life rolls on all my rare gear, but my overall health pool is still only about 2300. I can't survive anything without The Agnostic, even without using RF. Yet I see others with 4000+ life in their builds. Is there something I'm missing that would be worth 2000 life?

I think it is just because your low level...

"Every class starts out with 50 life and has the following stats:

+10% of Maximum Life to maximum Recovery per Life Leech
+12 Maximum Life per Level
+20% of Maximum Life to Maximum total Recovery per second from Life Leech"

Once you reach lvl90 you will have another 180 flat life and some other life nodes, then you should be fine. For now, maybe you can switch to Elemental Overlord and use some crit nodes for life.
Last edited by Aniki_Leads_people on Jan 25, 2021, 8:29:32 AM
After two level 93+ chars this league (HoP guardian and bfbb chief)...

I think it's time to pull out the big boys, I'm coming back to this build, it should be a comfortable maven farmer, it was one of the strongest ones when I played it last league, already got the flask and the unnatural instinct (hint, buy them soon before they double in price).

The variant I tried was a mindspiral helmet with sire of shards for clearing, prolly doing it again.
Second-class poe gamer
hey all: 2 more questions (I'm a real veteran so I cant believe I'm asking these...but)

1. How do you get the true dps in PoB? I import the build and you guys have 7-8 million, but mine shows 250-300k. Is there a setting I'm missing or do you just manually put a multiplier in there for # of hits? (ex: 300k x 24)

2. At what point do we have "too much increased AoE"? Like with my current tree will I have enough AoE or do the increased AoE nodes by Marauder or up to the right of the Witch area make a big difference? I can't really tell in-game...
**ed: I guess this is answered in the OP. I want 33 w/ slower projectiles or 44 w/o for maximum effectiveness

Much appreciated! I gotta work on getting my bottled faith and my assassin's mark ring, right now my crit chance is pretty crappy. I know I still have the 3 spell crit nodes in the top left to get too.

I personally feel like if we are going for 3 curses, getting an Assassin ring is the easiest vs. Conductivity. We can pretty easily autocast Conductivity / Ele Weakness / Enfeeble with Awakened Hextouch but we can't automate Assassin's mark any other way. OP prefers Conductivity ring, maybe due to price or before the mark vs hex patch.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jan 26, 2021, 12:08:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info