[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

What do you guys think of this going in the new league after nerfs? I suppose we will have to also see what the alt qualitys are and what crackling lance's damage will look like
I really want league start this build, as it looks amazing. Just got some questions, the patch doesn't seemed to affect this build?? And can this be compatible with the cracking lance or new lightning spell?
Ball lightning base aoe reduced (that means less damage), Whispers of Doom moved to CI area, mana recovery from Watcher's eye is now 15% max instead of 30%, Projectile weakness is now mark after curse rework, so cannot be applied with curse on hit, but still too good for solo targets, adding 1 more button to press (and no reduced effect on bosses now for proj.weakness, that's only "+" of this patch).
So build is affected by patch. At least it won't be same anymore - some ajustment of curse setup required, and even with more investment into aoe damage won't be same as before.
Edit: Ok, checked pob, with real gear and all inc aoe passives i got 32 BL radius. Whispers of Doom isn't a problem (i just used to take it with Thread of Hope before). Most harmful thing is 15% mana recovery loss from watcher. New version of Proj.weakness looks op for bosses if you aren't lazy to press 1 more button.
Last edited by faraddox on Sep 16, 2020, 5:42:46 AM
"
faraddox wrote:
with real gear and all inc aoe passives i got 32 BL radius

plz check POB's base BL radius. It hasn't updated yet
To get 32 radius back, a whopping 216% inc AoE is required

Huge nerf for maps, but almost irrelevant for bossing: with SP, acceptable 81% inc AoE required to reach 13hit cap. Other mechanics actually improve single target DPS
"
faraddox wrote:
Ball lightning base aoe reduced (that means less damage), Whispers of Doom moved to CI area, mana recovery from Watcher's eye is now 15% max instead of 30%, Projectile weakness is now mark after curse rework, so cannot be applied with curse on hit, but still too good for solo targets, adding 1 more button to press (and no reduced effect on bosses now for proj.weakness, that's only "+" of this patch).
So build is affected by patch. At least it won't be same anymore - some ajustment of curse setup required, and even with more investment into aoe damage won't be same as before.
Edit: Ok, checked pob, with real gear and all inc aoe passives i got 32 BL radius. Whispers of Doom isn't a problem (i just used to take it with Thread of Hope before). Most harmful thing is 15% mana recovery loss from watcher. New version of Proj.weakness looks op for bosses if you aren't lazy to press 1 more button.

I appreciate the reply. So it just means + buton pressing curse (mark) the build just got better as a boss killer. I hope it gets updated and ready for new patch
Hey, i really wanted to try this as a Leaguestarter, i played the Scion BL Miner with arcane cloak last league as a starter and it was awesome experience with arcane cloak and really wanted to play BL again but with another class. Even though i had shit Yellow Gear with the scion i could easy clear yellow maps on a budget.

How good is this Build with Yellow items and low-mid Tier Maps to farm enough currency for the 6L items?

What shuld be the first investment for this Build? 6L Cloak or the Pledge of Hands 6L ?
i dont like to link my items by myself so i just buy them on poetrade.

I think ill just use Clear Mind instead of the Watcherseye this should be ok.

What do you guys think of Pinpoint support? could this be an option?
Also the new Sigil of Power could be used at some point if the rising Manacosts aren't too high or is it counterproductive to arcane cloak?
"
witcheredd wrote:
"
faraddox wrote:
with real gear and all inc aoe passives i got 32 BL radius

plz check POB's base BL radius. It hasn't updated yet
To get 32 radius back, a whopping 216% inc AoE is required

Huge nerf for maps, but almost irrelevant for bossing: with SP, acceptable 81% inc AoE required to reach 13hit cap. Other mechanics actually improve single target DPS

317%, not 216%, cause aoe multiplier is square root of increases :)
I just changed it to 18 in pob files. According to pob i have 313% inc aoe (50% here comes from greater spell echo). This results in 1.76 final aoe multiplier. But yeah, i forgot to remove weapon aoe enchant, so 31 now, need 4% to get 32 again.
Spoiler
Last edited by faraddox on Sep 16, 2020, 7:16:06 AM
"
PatrickFN wrote:
Hey, i really wanted to try this as a Leaguestarter, i played the Scion BL Miner with arcane cloak last league as a starter and it was awesome experience with arcane cloak and really wanted to play BL again but with another class. Even though i had shit Yellow Gear with the scion i could easy clear yellow maps on a budget.

How good is this Build with Yellow items and low-mid Tier Maps to farm enough currency for the 6L items?

What shuld be the first investment for this Build? 6L Cloak or the Pledge of Hands 6L ?

Also the new Sigil of Power could be used at some point if the rising Manacosts aren't too high or is it counterproductive to arcane cloak?

Crown of inward eye should be cheap as soon as people start killing Sirus and it gives alot of life, mana and damage.
Before 3.12 you need 6l mantle only after awakened curse on hit.
Now, with curse rework you don't even need 6l mantle if keep same curses, cause Projectile Weakness became Mark and cannot be triggered by curse on hit. So +1 button to press on fat bosses and pledge of hands is only 6l you need now.
Yes, watcher's mana recovery nerf made it and clear mind more equal, but 10% mom watcher or even mom + mana recovery (if you are lucky) are still good options.
And if you mean you use poe.trade site, i'm sorry to tell you but it is dead for few leagues already :D It doesn't correctly update trades, showing items already sold or offline, sometimes for few weeks when they are already sold.
Last edited by faraddox on Sep 16, 2020, 7:31:35 AM
I wonder if arcanist brand would be a better option for cursing, because if it counts as manually cast then it should apply doom making the curses more effective, and with a white socket you could swap out ele weakness for sniper's mark for Sirus etc. It would also give you a couple of free sockets, since there would be no need for other support gems, except maybe inc area/duration maybe?
"
PatrickFN wrote:

This build is capable of clearing pretty early and with low investment, as long as you have a big Mana pool, Archmage will carry your dps. The main problem with early maps is that until you get hold of Skyforth you will get stunned relatively often (I recommend using the Brine King Pantheon effect until then).

A 6L Cloak is technically never a requirement in this build (especially following the mark changes), whereas a 6L Pledge literally gives us 80% more dps or so over a 5L, as such a Pledge is absolutely the priority.

Clear Mind will not suffice as a replacement for the Watcher's Eye. Regeneration and Recovery Rate are *vastly* different concepts (Imagine the difference between Increased and More), and thus you will lose potentially 500 Mana Regeneration from that difference, whereas the nerf is likely to lose you less than 300 in comparison.

Pinpoint may be good, but it will never beat a gem swap. It will probably be extremely usable on maps where SP is not really necessary for boss killing.

Sigil of Power looks like it might do a lot for us, especially given that it increases in power as you spend mana within its area.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info