[3.15]Archmage Ball Lightning Hierophant, will it work in Expedition?

"
EpicFailTrain wrote:
I wonder if arcanist brand would be a better option for cursing, because if it counts as manually cast then it should apply doom making the curses more effective, and with a white socket you could swap out ele weakness for sniper's mark for Sirus etc. It would also give you a couple of free sockets, since there would be no need for other support gems, except maybe inc area/duration maybe?

Culling as 6th link is too good to just drop it :) Also with arcanist brand you need more crit chance to trigger EO with only BL on single targets. At least i couldn't sustain it without storm brand.
But i like this idea, especially if arcanist brand can cast Mark skills too.
Last edited by faraddox on Sep 16, 2020, 7:47:15 AM
"
Crown of inward eye should be cheap as soon as people start killing Sirus and it gives alot of life, mana and damage.
Before 3.12 you need 6l mantle only after awakened curse on hit.
Now, with curse rework you don't even need 6l mantle if keep same curses, cause Projectile Weakness became Mark and cannot be triggered by curse on hit. So +1 button to press on fat bosses and pledge of hands is only 6l you need now.
Yes, watcher's mana recovery nerf made it and clear mind more equal, but 10% mom watcher or even mom + mana recovery (if you are lucky) are still good options.
And if you mean you use poe.trade site, i'm sorry to tell you but it is dead for few leagues already :D It doesn't correctly update trades, showing items already sold or offline, sometimes for few weeks when they are already sold.

Thank for the answer.

How much did the Watcherseye cost int last League?

And i did not mean the poe.trade im only using the offical trade side, much better since a few leagues:)
"
faraddox wrote:
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:
I wonder if arcanist brand would be a better option for cursing, because if it counts as manually cast then it should apply doom making the curses more effective, and with a white socket you could swap out ele weakness for sniper's mark for Sirus etc. It would also give you a couple of free sockets, since there would be no need for other support gems, except maybe inc area/duration maybe?

Culling as 6th link is too good to just drop it :) Also with arcanist brand you need more crit chance to trigger EO with only BL on single targets. At least i couldn't sustain it without storm brand.
But i like this idea, especially if arcanist brand can cast Mark skills too.

True. I ran my chest with Storm brand/COH/proj weakness/conductivity/inc crit/culling strike, made keeping EO up pretty easily. You could also throw wave of conviction in there with culling strike linked, then you're on a 5L but I don't know if it would cast everything enough to make it worth it.
"

This build is capable of clearing pretty early and with low investment, as long as you have a big Mana pool, Archmage will carry your dps. The main problem with early maps is that until you get hold of Skyforth you will get stunned relatively often (I recommend using the Brine King Pantheon effect until then).

A 6L Cloak is technically never a requirement in this build (especially following the mark changes), whereas a 6L Pledge literally gives us 80% more dps or so over a 5L, as such a Pledge is absolutely the priority.

Clear Mind will not suffice as a replacement for the Watcher's Eye. Regeneration and Recovery Rate are *vastly* different concepts (Imagine the difference between Increased and More), and thus you will lose potentially 500 Mana Regeneration from that difference, whereas the nerf is likely to lose you less than 300 in comparison.

Pinpoint may be good, but it will never beat a gem swap. It will probably be extremely usable on maps where SP is not really necessary for boss killing.

Sigil of Power looks like it might do a lot for us, especially given that it increases in power as you spend mana within its area.

Yeah i had similar experience with the BL Minor, as soon as i had a good Mana Pool my damage was just killing everything, when its the same with this build then its good.

I guess the price of the Mana recovery WE will drop after the nerf?
i even dont know how much it did cost last League xD if its below 5ex its affordable for me :)

I will definetly test some of the new gems with this build while leveling.

"
PatrickFN wrote:
Thank for the answer.

How much did the Watcherseye cost int last League?

And i did not mean the poe.trade im only using the offical trade side, much better since a few leagues:)

Just mana recovery was few ex iirc. Recovery + wrath damage about 8-10ex, recovery + wrath pen about 15-20ex. Mom + recovery skyrocketed in price early in league, up to 60-80ex, before i was able to buy it :D May be i messed prices abit, but not too much. Also recovery + chance to recover mana on skill is pretty ok too if you find one for almost same price as single mod.
But i think recovery mods can become cheaper now after nerf.
And as somebody sayd before - while clear mind can provide damage and regen at start, recovery is additional multiplier for regen and there isn't much of recovery sources. When your tree and gear are almost finished, clear mind gives almost nothing in comparsion to watcher.
Last edited by faraddox on Sep 16, 2020, 8:01:00 AM
"
EpicFailTrain wrote:
True. I ran my chest with Storm brand/COH/proj weakness/conductivity/inc crit/culling strike, made keeping EO up pretty easily. You could also throw wave of conviction in there with culling strike linked, then you're on a 5L but I don't know if it would cast everything enough to make it worth it.

Was using awakened CoH, so no place for inc.crit for me here :D But at same time i was able to get some crit in Thread of Hope radius (Whispers of Doom 3.11 area). Even with this global crit i couldn't sustain EO 100% of time during Sirus fight for example.
Also with arcanist brand there is no way to use 3 curses (3rd from awakened curse on hit). But if it works with doom mechanic AND can cast Sniper mark, then it can be good alternative.
"
faraddox wrote:
317%

speaking different terms: 317% AoE is 217% inc AoE

Your 217% inc is mostly from PoH. Its main inc AoE source now

Pre-PoH stage will be much difficult
Last edited by witcheredd on Sep 16, 2020, 8:18:43 AM
"
witcheredd wrote:
"
faraddox wrote:
317%

mostly from PoH. Its main inc AoE source now

Pre-PoH stage will be much difficult

I don't think PoH is a problem. The Pact (9/9) drops at The Quay (act 8), Pier (t2), Port (t5) so should appear early on trade.
25 radius without PoH and unnatural instinct. PoH makes it 30, and jewel makes it 31, almost 32 (still looking for 4% to get 32).
Last edited by faraddox on Sep 16, 2020, 8:28:50 AM
Hello there!
The idea of the build looks kinda cool as for me, but i'm very
intrigued with new Crackling Lance skill
Any chances the build gonna work with it? (with swapping some proj talents and gem links of course)
"
bodryibomj wrote:
Hello there!
The idea of the build looks kinda cool as for me, but i'm very
intrigued with new Crackling Lance skill
Any chances the build gonna work with it? (with swapping some proj talents and gem links of course)

I think the animation would lock you into a place even more than this build, but it might work

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info