Blackguard (Arc)mage spectres don't cast Lightning Thorns

I was playing around with the Blackguard (Arc)mage spectres when I noticed that they don't use their Lightning Thorns spell. However, they did use it in previous leagues (atleast in Betrayal, according to this https://youtu.be/pONwaZggG2c?t=102).

I've tried giving them bloodmagic support, but this also did not seem to make them cast it.
Last edited by RawSushi on Mar 25, 2020, 12:38:05 PM
Last bumped on May 13, 2022, 12:13:03 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Please fix so I can experiment with meme builds
Not yet fixed in patch 3.10.1.
Could someone tell me if it is meant to be this way or if it's a bug?
Still not fixed.
Update on this issue: seems like the monster version only casts Lightning Thorns on Blackguard Soldier monsters, however it does not cast Lightning Thorns on a bBlackguard Soldier spectre.
Still no way to get the spectres to cast Lightning Thorns.
do they ingame?

i always thought the only monster left casting lightning thorns is the promenade boss sorceress
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Yeah, they still cast Lightning Thorns ingame. You can sometimes see the buff effect on Blackguard Soldiers in The Battlefront (act 3).
Just to compile all the info I have on this problem:

- Blackguard Mage spectres and Blackguard Arcmage spectres do not cast their Lightning Thorns skill.

- Blackguard Mage monsters and Blackguard Arcmage monsters only cast their Lightning Thorns skill on Blackguard Soldier monsters.

- The Lightning Thorns buff effect does no damage/no animation when you hit a Blackguard Soldier monster with an attack. (In earlier leagues Lightning Thorns would shoot out projectiles when hit)

- According to a Reddit user, Blackguard Arcmage spectres did cast Lightning Thorns when he tried them out in February. After looking through the patchnotes between 3.9.2d (January 28) and the creation of this post (March 24), I found some patches that could have been the result of this bug:

*3.9.2f (February 17): "Improved performance related to monster and minion pathfinding."

*3.10.0 (March 13): "Made significant improvements to a number of Spectred monsters. Many monsters that couldn't be spectred previously now can, and many that previously only used their melee attacks in unlife will now use whatever special skills they had in life."
Last edited by RawSushi on Sep 9, 2020, 1:29:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info