[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

"
Karyoplasma wrote:
Hey,

eyeballing this as my Harvest starter. Last time I played a trapper was back in 2.6.0, so it's about time I reckon.

Quick question: why Multiple Traps instead of Cluster Traps? Just your preference or is there a reason I'm missing?

Cluster traps basically used to be strictly superior few patches ago, but that changed. At this point multiple traps have a slightly smaller damage penalty (which is better). It is not very significant though and mostly it comes down to preference of the mechanic itself. Multiple traps throw traps in a line, while cluster traps in a triangular shape. So I'd say with multiple traps you have slightly higher reach towards enemies directly in front of you (when you try to offscreen etc.) while cluster traps deal a little bit better with enemies approaching from the side (it doesn't really matter that much anyways due to chain reaction but nevertheless there is a slight difference and its simply a choice of personal playstyle preference).
I have updated the POB to 3.11 . I have also added leveling trees and leveling main skill gem setups. If you find something missing or would like me to do something more , let me know.
"
Zanetsu wrote:
Wanted to play Ice Trap again for 3.11 and was looking for something to base my build on. Just wanted to post and give you some positive feedback/encouragement, it's always great to see people taking the time to explain things to the newer players!

Guide is concise and pretty well explained. A thing that might help is to have links to the official skill tree so you don't need to have PoB to see the pathing (so that people like me can look at the tree at work... Don't tell my boss).

Going to play SSF in Harvest, might pop back in and tell you how it works out, going to try and push for 100 finally.

The build guides I make are always based on my characters that I actually pushed to the endgame and made succesful, so if you are looking for an official skill tree from website, it's enough that you inspect the character in my profile.
Anyways, wish you luck on that 100 SSF push - all it takes is some determination and most importantly enjoying the journey along the way :)
hi i cant use your path of building link
"
Grozaa wrote:
I have updated the POB to 3.11 . I have also added leveling trees and leveling main skill gem setups. If you find something missing or would like me to do something more , let me know.

Did you check numbers?

How much crit nerf affect us?

Ice Trap buff?
I_am_SO_ANGRY with this 2h """buffs"""...
So, thank you for the guide! What about t13 blight maps farm early on league? Does it doable?
"
"
Grozaa wrote:

Did you check numbers?

How much crit nerf affect us?

Ice Trap buff?

Crit nerfs mostly hits mines, not so much for the traps. The crit multi goes down from 549% to 518% - it's really not that significant. I've talked about the ice trap buff - it means that added cold dmg support will be a solid option, and awakened version will be a very good one. Overall the build should be in a similar place like in 3.10 (by the way, in POB alongside leveling trees you can also inspect the 3.10 version to have direct numbers comparison to 3.11).
"
Ixnayd wrote:
I_am_SO_ANGRY with this 2h """buffs"""...
So, thank you for the guide! What about t13 blight maps farm early on league? Does it doable?

You can easily farm blighted maps with this build, traps in general are good for that and also freezing enemies gives you plenty of extra time. Whether accessing t13 blighted maps early on in the league is going to be simple is a different story, but assuming that Cassia spawn rate will be reasonable you can certainly farm it on a budget since this build doesn't require much investment.
Looking at ur build..since ice traps got buffed it seems from 150 to 200 %

Ice Trap

Now has an added Damage effectiveness of 200% (from 150%).

Btw how do i see ur build since poe building says you use another version of it or something ?

Last edited by Hyberpsycrow on Jun 17, 2020, 4:26:07 PM
"
Hyberpsycrow wrote:
Looking at ur build..since ice traps got buffed it seems from 150 to 200 %

Ice Trap

Now has an added Damage effectiveness of 200% (from 150%).

Btw how do i see ur build since poe building says you use another version of it or something ?

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info