[3.11] Ice trap Saboteur - Freeze the Atlas

"
I was quite interested in this build since it sounded ranged/caster and I like freezing stuff, but watching the video it seems as though it's more like melee range. How would that work in deep delving?

You can play it in a much more ranged fashion and offscreen enemies. I just had already enough of the defences built that I could run into enemies without worrying about dying. Basically it's just a matter of playstyle and going "melee" means you can probably clear a map faster while going "ranged" gives extra safety. I did get to 83 monster level delve with that build and it's really comfortable, you can freeze consistenly even with high monster HP. I didn't get to like delve depth 600 or anything though so can't say this build is made for that but it could manage with some extra catiousness.
Last edited by Grozaa on Jun 18, 2020, 12:05:46 PM
"
mopzi wrote:
huge error when loading your POB :(

got a new one ?

https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/releases

I already answered about that recently but perhaps I will also add a note in a POB link in the build itself. The error is because the version of POB I am using is a fork of the original version(you can look up LocalIdentity). The developer of the original POB is working in GGG now and has less time to develop this application. So community created a fork to this program with much more functionality. I can't tell whether the compatibility issues are always persistent but either way I recommend using that POB version.
How did you do vs Awakener
"
Hyberpsycrow wrote:
How did you do vs Awakener

I did awakener 8 in delirium with this build. For this fight in particular I found devouring diadem version to be most effective. This is simply because the current iteration of the fight does not give a lot of time windows for damaging and there is no way of refilling flasks, so without devouring diadem to not run out of mana you would probably need to run like 2 enduring mana flasks. Either way, ice trap does good damage and you can even freeze bosses consistently.
You convinced me :D
And now we even get 50 % more dps.

"
Hyberpsycrow wrote:
You convinced me :D
And now we even get 50 % more dps.

That is not true though. It only affects added damage effectiveness, so realistically it maybe affects one support in a 6-link. It's maybe like 10-20% more damage with awakened added cold dmg.
I played a variant of this build to level 90 in HC delirium with pretty much the same tree and several different support skills. It performed much better than I expected. I didn't push the build super hard, but it felt comfortable and I could push delirium through all of most maps. I may start 3.11 with this build as it's really easy to gear and pretty flexible what you run with it. I did use hypothermia over increased crit strikes, but I think they're both fine. I'm interested in maybe trying slavedrivers hand to solve mana problems, but not until a solid life pool is established. I'm not sure as getting cast speed is kinda meh, and the reduced throwing speed is pretty steep. Nice build.
Last edited by Barzhal on Jun 18, 2020, 6:47:52 PM
Hi! I really like this build (it will be my starter for Harvest) and i have a question: about the ascendancy, what do you think about explosives expert? Better/worse than chain reaction? Last time i played traps was in Incursion, so i don't really remember whats best.
"
CoyoteGti27 wrote:
Hi! I really like this build (it will be my starter for Harvest) and i have a question: about the ascendancy, what do you think about explosives expert? Better/worse than chain reaction? Last time i played traps was in Incursion, so i don't really remember whats best.

I'd say chain reaction is a much better choice. It's similar to explosives expert in terms of damage and aoe, but the benefit of automatically triggering nearby traps is just too good to skip.
Grozaa,

Maybe you can add Pantheon Gods choices?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info